It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for the ATS/BTS Men

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This thread puts one question in my mind...that I can see both sides of this asking themselves:

"Will I ever find anyone REAL, who I can be REAL with, myself?"

AccessDenied......this thread have anything to do with your own personal frustrations, or just a point of discussion?

I agree with the guy above, ideal = best friend + lover....but throw in complete trust, complete respect, and an undying commitment to communication.
Guess I'll be alone for a while. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

AD you would intimidate me no matter what

OH baby, don't you ever forget it.

Originally posted by siFtInG
AccessDenied......this thread have anything to do with your own personal frustrations, or just a point of discussion?

Just a point of discussion. Because I see so many bimbos and they don't even put any effort into being smarter.They prefer a guy who likes them for their physical qualities only. But like I stated in my OP..ATS is a different demographic altogether, and with the exception of a couple of answers here, I expected that most would prefer a women with some level of intelligence.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

AD, couldn't agree more with you. It comes off normal to me that REAL women would be offended by the 'bimbos' or the narcissistic women, but honestly....most men don't show any offense to it in the least. I think society/media has a lot to do with it.

Which leaves guys like me, ladies like you, in a state of complete distrust of the other sex, and usually alone emotionally.

Like the "naked lady with a weedeater" theory. Show a 30sec commercial of a woman in a skimpy bikini....rolling around with the string. Flash 2 secs of your weedeater at the end of the commercial..... You won't have enough weedeaters to keep up with orders.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

hey you wanted an honest answer now dont go getting your panties in a bunch just because i said something you didnt like

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDeniedBecause I see so many bimbos and they don't even put any effort into being smarter.They prefer a guy who likes them for their physical qualities only.

I realize I am female therefore my opinions may not be welcome. But I don't quite understand the undertone of anger towards the "bimbos". Not everyone is that smart, and some grow up believing they will be liked more if they are cute and sweet and act dumb.

Regardless of what guys say about wanting an intelligent woman, that is rarely if ever the only deciding factor. They typically mean they want an intelligent woman that also fits in within certain physical parameters (i.e. they will take a smart 7 over a dumb 9, or in some cases a smart 9 over a dumb 9).

Being female, I am often far less shallow than many males are when it comes to looks. Personality and brains mean more than a pretty face by far. But at the same time no matter how bright he may be, I won't be attracted to him if he is significantly shorter than I am, or if his BMI is far different than my own.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by siFtInG

i did but then it turned into something ugly, at some point in time maybe its best to keep some things to your self or it might ruin the realtionship

BTW all the women i have dated lately where go getters and deffenetly no bimbos but i think some non bimbos suffer from the equivalent of penus envy

[edit on 7/7/2008 by razor1000]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Do men feel intimidated in a relationship with a smart and/or successful woman?

Not one bit. I wouldn't have it any othjer way.

Personally, if I can't view a particular woman as at least my equal, I quickly get bored. If she can't keep up, she gets left behind.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

I was stating my opinion.
As were you.
Last time I checked, I was entitled to do that.
And who says I wear panties?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Sonya, your comments are most welcome here.
I have read your posts in other threads and you are certainly far more intelligent than most women I encounter on a daily basis.
I fully agree with your comment as well.
For the record, I don't dislike what is classed as a "BIMBO".
I just wish some women would realize they could offer just as much mentally as physically.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

touche

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Intelligent women are a HUGE turn on for me. I am not a fan of limited conversation. My tastes have changed since I was 21. Show me girl with a brain and I am in heaven.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Do men feel intimidated in a relationship with a smart and/or successful woman?

Are you kidding me?!?!?! Myself, being in the 13% need a smart, witty woman to keep me interested and honest.
Politics, current events, what's playing at the cinema and the normal daily things that keep us all going.
My better half, as I like to call her, has a better job than I do, and she is smarter than me in some areas. Just like I'm smarter than her in some areas too.
When it's all said and done, were all smart in our own ways of thinking or acting.
Men who don't realize this and are intimidated by a powerful and smart woman need a swift kick in the a**.

Good post...cheers!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I like chicks, for some reason I am outraged with their digestive functions but thats my problem. If I could find a cool chick that would be cool I dont care how succesfull she really is, but getting them to deviate from grease and islamo facism is near impossible or unheard of.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Intelligent women are a HUGE turn on for me. I am not a fan of limited conversation. My tastes have changed since I was 21. Show me girl with a brain and I am in heaven.
the only problem alot of them are really morons who have no idea what they are talking about. zero comprehension

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson

Originally posted by kleverone
the only problem alot of them are really morons who have no idea what they are talking about. zero comprehension

The same can be said about a lot of men as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I have to agree with the premise of your post. In my lifetime I think I have dated across all spectrum of women that is outhere I can atest to the fact that been with a smarter women can be more challenging in the sense that they require a lot more attention from my brain, that I could save for my own tasks.

Now, lets not confuse smart with successful, I have met a lot of succesful ladies that have average brains, when I refer to smart Im talking about the scientist, the doctors, the engineers, that you spend 30 minutes talking to them at a bar and they leave you with a headache.

In that sense I have come to realize that smart women are as equal as smart men in letting others know how smart they are. Successful women in the other hand would let you know only when its necessary how succesful they are, at least im my experiences.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Caveman days are over.
You won't get a woman thinking like a Neanderthal.

AD! you are a beautiful woman! I think you can find a guy that will accept your intelligence. But I think you need an older man. I assume you are 30 or so; you should date guys 10 years older than you, just because they are boring and like Smarter girls to talk too.

I'm different because I like having fun and i'm not ready to commit, that's why i'm not looking for a smart girl. Right now, for me looks and cute girls are in my target, but don't get me wrong, I like a mix of both. And you have to understand where i'm coming from, i've dated smart girls and they are the worst when you get in a verbal fight. they always throw it in your face. They throw their success and IQ levels on your face when you get in a fight and it gets nasty. Also, smarter girls are most likely feminists and hate a man to control them and deny manhood altogether. They have no respect for man. Now, I never said I wanted a dumb frankenstein type stupid girl. But someone who can accept you as a man and learn to respect you. Smart woman don't do that, they are too good for us. At least that's what they think.

I know this, because my sister is still single and she always scares guys away with all the talk about politics and such when they go out on a diner. Really, a guy just want to have fun during a date and doesn't want to be schooled by a girl on the date.

Some women need to undestand one thing. You girls come from us. We man created you from our own ribs. First it was god, then man and then later came women. We needed you girls to have our children. that's the truth. So I think that most girls have no respect for us guys, when actually we should be treated like gods, because think about it now, without us you wouldn't exist. I mean that's just my theory and how I stand on this. Not that women are any less than man, but in the evolution chain they are there to work for us. and maybe the caveman did have it right in that manner? I mean think about it, you girls take care of the children and breast feed. There's a reason for everything.

OK, i'm babblin' along here, but my point is that smart girls sometimes confuse being smart as being smart asses. And truly, smart girls are really stuck up with their books on their laps and wearing those sexy reading glasses. In conclusion, if I was going to marry a chick, she's have to be 50% smart and 50% cute. And idolize me,

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I do not, in fact I prefer women who are more Intelligent and successful than me. It means they are independent :-)

I was just watching a show called manswers on Spiketv and they asked the question "Who is better in bed, smart women or dumb women?"

Smart women won :-)

Why smart men marry smart women (book)

There are lots of studies on why many smart women do not marry are infertile and on and on.....

But just for the record a very intelligent woman makes for a great relationship in my book. She just has to find a man that is up to her level and can carry on an intelligent discussion.

Some men just go for the dumb women because they are easy to get in the sack.....doesn't mean they are good in bed though, as manswers pointed out.

I vote for smart women!

BTW, my GF is very smart....sometimes it gets annoying with her always correcting my bad english, she always points out that I use double negatives in a sentence.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

i have to ask you if you believe your own ramblings? personally i don't know you and am glad i don't. how do i perceive you? i'd get banned if i said it. i'm not sure if you try to be the way you appear or if you just don't get reality. a couple hundred women you had? your mom must have been a very patient woman letting all those women in her basement. you are a super stud. can i get some super stud pointers from you? maybe you should write a book called being a super stud for dummies. i bet it would be a top seller. maybe you could get natalie, britney, and obe wan to write the foreward for you. and i think it would be nice if you dedicated the book to yoda.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller Really, a guy just want to have fun during a date and doesn't want to be schooled by a girl on the date.

Actually Jedi I think you have hit on something with that sentence. I believe that is true. Most men like a woman with brains, but if the woman has an aggressive or defensive quality that makes her compete with the guy constantly, or prove she is right on a continual basis, they don’t like it.

Fun debate is one thing. But if it becomes a form of conflict, if the emotions underlying the debate are anger or stem from insecurities it is going to turn guys (or anyone for that matter) off. Most people want to be with partners that like us and make us feel good about ourselves when we are with them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join