It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for the ATS/BTS Men

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Since I personally consider the members of this site to be more intelligent than average, I may be targeting the wrong demographic here. But please, indulge my curiosity, and ladies feel free to post your thoughts as well, on this question...
Do men feel intimidated in a relationship with a smart and/or successful woman?
Yes, I really wish to know this. Do you want an intelligent conversation with your girl, or are you just wanting someone to cook and clean for you and sleep with you?
A few studies to consider..
abcnews.go.com...

www.womensenews.org...

www.futurepundit.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hell no.
My ex had a masters degree in physiology and her worked published in Washington.
Black belt Ju-jitsu too.

It helped that she looked like Christina Brinkley as well.. hehe..

It doesn't really matter at what level of success or intelligence 'she' should be..
As long as she shuts up while I'm watching 'Dexter' and doesn't ask me what I think characters should or shouldn't do in Eastenders.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi AD, do you still have me on iggy? i'd like to post but then again you know I can be very honest.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well given that I failed to break into the IT and that now I have no idea what I am going to do job wise about 99% of women are going to be more successful then I have been . So I clearly wouldn't be bothered be a successful career women . lol

Intelligent conversation is a prerequisite . Since I am a slob who likes junk food cooking and cleaning doesn't mean that much to me . Besides I want my eyes to look and find a hot chick not a maid .

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
AD? are you still there? Ok i'll be honest, I don't like smart girls cause they can trick me when they cheat, and I would never find out. I kinda like to control girls and when I drink i like to be the talker. basically, I like dumb girls cause they don't complain and I like to bash em on the head with a club. lol, smart girls sometimes get on your level and think they can know more than you do..and that's impossible..I've never met a girl who can talk star wars for more than five minutes and prove me wrong. And if she does, she's probably not the right for me..I like em clueless..of course i'm talking just dating them, not getting married.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yes, Jedi..I still have you on ignore.
After reading your reply here..
WELL DUH!
It's easy to understand why.
Caveman days are over.
You won't get a woman thinking like a Neanderthal.
But I see all you seem to care about is using your "Light saber" to add to the 300 notches on your bedpost.
Quite honestly Iam disgusted. And I thank god right now I have enough brains to stay away from guys like you.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimillerlol, smart girls sometimes get on your level and think they can know more than you do..

Jedi seriously, I really don't think you will meet many women on your level. If you do find one, you really should pursue the relationship, just don't have kids.

Kids will seriously eat into the time you have for study and research on Star Wars and other important topics. It would be a bad idea.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Honestly? Why would any man NOT want a smart, intelligent, motivated woman who was fully capable of handling her life on her own? If you don't have that....what do you have....? Dead weight in your life. Don't get me wrong, ladies.... it's great for you to be sexy and all, but I've saw men AND women who think because they are pretty and mommy bought them a new Benz, that they should get a free back ride thru all walks of life. I do not dig that.

The women I run into, seem to either 1.) be out for the flavor of the week/day/month.

Or,

2. Are looking for a sugar daddy. Doesn't matter if you make 50k or 500k....if you make enough for them to have a bed to sleep in all day, and they don't have bills to worry about, and you provide for them....seems like some of them are QUITE content with being dead weight. Sorry Ladies, but, just b/c you look good naked, doesn't mean I am willing to be your slave. I knew a girl that turned into one of those types of women once. Then I divorced her.

Or.

3. Women set their standards right below God. If you aren't brad pitt in a BMW with a mansion and a 3 figure income, you are nothing.

Basically I got a little off topic there, but it helps make my point.
Speaking for me personally, I don't want a trophy. Yea it helps if you are attractive (to ME), but where are all the women who understand what equal means? I have no problem cooking, doing laundry, dishes, etc for myself, and no I don't want a woman "for those things". For me to be happy with a woman, it would have to be one that was AT LEAST as successful as me, OR trying like hell. Wait, there is my answer. I want a woman who knows the true meaning of the word EFFORT, and applies it in all aspects of her life...especially the parts including me.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

LMAO...bahahahaha!

...could'nt think of anything else to say!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Actually I have read that men with very lofty goals that will require most all of their time and attention (Hitler and Saddam Hussein supposedly felt this way) are best off avoiding smart women as partners.

The reason being, smart women require a lot more attention and emotional energy. They demand more of their male partners. If the man wants to focus nearly all his energies on another goal a "less than bright" female will be much less hassle.

Though I am not sure that worked out so well for Hitler, Eva was very adoring and all that, but she tried to kill herself at least once when she felt he wasn't spending any time with her. So even the less than brilliant women can be a headache.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm married to an incredibly smart woman.

At first, yes, I was a little intimidated by her, just a little though, and I think that was only becuase we were "new" and still getting to know one another.

After a few months, I knew what she was about and she got to know me and we became a fit.

Good question though, made me think back... other relationships I had, I don't think I was intimidated... hmmmm interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Do I feel intimidated by an intelligent woman?

No, I feel enthralled.

The initial attraction to any partner is going to be based on looks nine out of ten times. So initially, for me, looks is what will attract me to someone. However, within the first few minutes of conversation, I can typically tell where it is going. A beautiful girl that can not carry a conversation is not my style, and I've walked away from these in the past. My ideal partner is someone who is very intelligent but doesn't really know it. I like someone who is humble rather than too full of them self. I like someone who challenges me and will step up if I say something they don't agree with.

Unlike Jedi, I don't want a bumbling fool who gets nosebleeds when they use words with more than three syllables. Monosyllabic really isn't for me.

My girlfriend of almost four years caught my eye with her good looks but she won me over with her brain. She'll agree with me when she does but she'll also kick me in the arse when she doesn't. She has a voice, she lets it be heard.. and I like that.

Jedi, are you trying to be funny or do you genuinely believe this? Not to be harsh, but it's really not funny and it's remotely disturbing to see someone talk like that. If you pass it off as poor material, so be it. But if you really believe this.. then I'm in absolute awe. But part of me thinks it's this knee-jerk reaction that you seek.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chisslerJedi, are you trying to be funny or do you genuinely believe this?

I think he is quite serious. Having seen his comments on other threads regarding all sorts of topics, he is very serious (or if he is joking then he consistent across all of his posts, they are all very "unique").

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I don't want a bumbling fool who gets nosebleeds when they use words with more than three syllables. Monosyllabic really isn't for me.

LIKE OMG! NO WAY! LIKE ARE YOU SURE???

*Laughing hysterically..*
You know Chissler I just had to do that...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OK to answer the question of this post i do like someone i can talk to and have that conversation turn into a tennis match. but there comes a point where a man must feel he is in charge or he does not feel like a man and this creates problems down the road.

There can only be one person in charge, like they say the man is the head of the family and the woman is the heart.

i'm all for equl right and all but women tend to be two faced when it comes to it you wana be treated same like a guy then dont hide behind a skirt.

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We all know someones got to be the submissive in the realtionship or to put it politely both parties are dominate but one is less dominate than the other person. Women just like to let us guys think we're in charge lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

i'm all for equl right and all but women tend to be two faced when it comes to it you wana be treated same like a guy then dont hide behind a skirt.

And I'm all for being with a guy that actually can spell properly.
DO NOT generalize all women together. Mistake number one.
Do not think that because a woman pursues an education or career that she wants to be treated "LIKE A GUY". Mistake number two.
I feel no desire whatsoever to hide behind an article of clothing. A skirt happens to be quite comfortable, totally unrestrictive, lets a wonderful flow of air down below, and I'm sure were it socially acceptable, that men would opt for allowing it all to hang freely under a skirt if they could.
Sounds to me pretty much what type of woman you prefer.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well this guy doesn't

All fluff and no substance doesn't work for me. There has to be a meeting of minds, otherwise things just seem shallow and pointless. I like women who can push my boundaries mentally.

Life is a permanent learning experience, its much better to have someone along for the ride who can keep up with your pace.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmm..........
I like women who are smart, strong, honest, and able to comfortably be themselves.
Am I looking for a cook, and cleaning lady? Heck no!
Am I looking for someone who is nothing more than a sleep buddy?
Nope. I can actually swear on all that's holy that I want more than that. Sleeping with someone is easy. Treating a woman like a lady when you have the opportunity to treat her like a tramp is something entirely different. I might not have 300+ women like another member here, but I do know of what I speak.
What do I look for?
As I stated, I enjoy the company of a woman who is highly intelligent. Who knows who she is. A lady who I can debate with, can laugh with, can be completely spontaneous with. Someone who will call me on the carpet when I'm wrong. Someone who will let me spoil her, but doesn't take for granted when I bring home a rose for no reason.

Ideal? Lover and best friend.

Doesn't hurt either if she says 'EH' alot.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I always seem to fall for the smart women, bimbos piss me off. The problem? Smart women figure out quickly that im not the right guy and move on

Gotta love smart women tho.

and AD you would intimidate me no matter what

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join