It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A 33-year-old man walked into a south London police station early Monday and surrendered to police in connection with the brutal stabbing deaths of two French students in London last week, a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said.
Just hours earlier, a 21-year-old man police had arrested on Saturday "was released with no further action," the spokeswoman added.
Police released no other details about the newest suspect. Nor did they offer any immediate explanation about why the first suspect was freed.
Gabriel Ferez and Laurent Bonomo, both 23, were killed in a frenzied attack at a rented apartment in south east London last week.
Metropolitan Police officials said the 33-year-old suspect was arrested after handing himself in at a south London police station.
He was later transferred to an undisclosed hospital.
A 21-year-old man also questioned in connection with the deaths was released earlier without charge.
A Metropolitan police spokesman told the Guardian the man was taken to hospital after handing himself in at a south London police station this morning.
"It is a precautionary measure," the spokesman added. "Whenever anyone is taken into custody, they are asked a series of questions and, if they have any visible injuries, they are dealt with."
The spokesman said the suspect - the second man to be arrested in connection with the double murder inquiry - had yet to be interviewed about the killings.