It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I dont need to cite sources ....... I am right ........ I am British ......... I am one of Gods Chosen Ones ............... How can I be wrong?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
I dont need to cite sources ....... I am right ........ I am British ......... I am one of Gods Chosen Ones ............... How can I be wrong?

Oh thats easy, all you have to do is disagree wiht me.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The motto of where I live is:-

All this beauty is of God

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
The motto of where I live is:-

All this beauty is of God

en.wikipedia.org...

Never been. Been to Jersey a few times with clients who bank there. But never wight. A tiny island off the coast of a tiny island. Its like a geographic mandelbrot set.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

you got that text from International Communist Current en.internationalism.org..., this can not be a trusted source - just look at the title! being able to use google to drag up suspect biased information doesn't make it true, and doesn't make you right - you should know that being here on ATS

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke

you got that text from International Communist Current en.internationalism.org..., this can not be a trusted source - just look at the title! being able to use google to drag up suspect biased information doesn't make it true, and doesn't make you right - you should know that being here on ATS

The reports are consitant wiht those released in the british media at the time, with the added benefit of being online. Not having lexis/nexis I cant really search articles more than a few years old. But the simple fact is the British government did admit to much of this, allthough they never admitted it constituted "torture". Another interesting parallell, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Can't we just agree that both US/UK have done disgusting things at some times, and great things at others?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

God, you'd think you'd founded the USA all on your very own. Were YOU there, Shazam, were you really ? We did this, we did that .... by my reckoning you must be over two hundred years old.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A round of applause for our esteemed guest, the great Shazam The Unbowed, the all conquering all American hero.

Born in the the good ol' US of A, Shazam The Unbowed was christened in his local Quaker church amid great celebration, as his parents had just won first prize in the "Stupidest Name for a New Baby" competition.

Present at the Boston Tea Party, Shazam threw himself into Boston harbour along with the tea such was his enthusiasm for the cause of British independence ... from Britain.

In 1812 he himself instructed a hundred negro slaves to throw themselves onto the White House fire.

Shazam also founded the settlement of Snew Amsterdam, later to become Snew York City ... but new settlers had difficulty pronouncing the initial letter "S" so Shazam decreed the town be called New York City instead. One wonders why a similar change has been resisted for so long by the residents of the British town, S#horpe.

(oh this censor spoils a good joke)

Shazam also introduced the bicycle to the USA. Even today many young boys can be seen riding the Shazam BMX and the Shazam Racing Bike. Some are even rumoured to have experienced exhilerating rides on Shazam's Chopper. But that's another story.

Shazam is also a great hero of the USAF, having downed 43 German and Japanese aircraft all by himself. Shazam's tally would have been that much greater had he not been banned for life by Lufthansa & JAL from the observation lounge of JFK.

Shazam, I just have to get down on my knees before thee.

I'm so not worthy to be in your presence ;-)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett
Can't we just agree that both US/UK have done disgusting things at some times, and great things at others?

My whole point is, I find it hypocritical for the british to be as agressively and arrogantly "offended" by us using the exact same tactics in response to an nearly exact same threat profile as they themselves did. Now if this had happened 50 years ago, or a hundred, It wouldnt be relevant. But its not. Its fairly recent. I just think, given britains own spotty record in fighting terrorism, perhaps Brits shouldnt be throwing rocks.
Especially since the numbe rof people 'detained without trial" at guantanamo is less than 1% of the number of people the British did the exact same thing too,

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
OMG. First it was that the "Jews are God's chosen people" now its the British?

You know something? I don't want to be this "God's" chosen people. I don't worship existent figures, and definitely don't worship non-existent figures.

The who concept of being "chosen" is ridiculous, you don't become CHOSEN, you EARN YOUR POSITION.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

God, you'd think you'd founded the USA all on your very own. Were YOU there, Shazam, were you really ? We did this, we did that .... by my reckoning you must be over two hundred years old.

Either that, or Ive actually bothered to research a subject I am discussing. I know its a novel concept, but who knows, it might catch on.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A round of applause for our esteemed guest, the great Shazam The Unbowed, the all conquering all American hero.

Sounds about right.

Born in the the good ol' US of A, Shazam The Unbowed was christened in his local Quaker church amid great celebration, as his parents had just won first prize in the "Stupidest Name for a New Baby" competition.

Actually I was baptised by Adam Smith. Im a capitalist remeber?

Present at the Boston Tea Party, Shazam threw himself into Boston harbour along with the tea such was his enthusiasm for the cause of British independence ... from Britain.

Nahh I just tied the trunks of tea to anyone who didnt support the revolution, and threw them in.

In 1812 he himself instructed a hundred negro slaves to throw themselves onto the White House fire.

Nahh, I woulda instructed them to makea good old fashioned american Bar-B-Que, back in them days only blacks knew the secrets of the Pit.

Shazam also founded the settlement of Snew Amsterdam, later to become Snew York City ... but new settlers had difficulty pronouncing the initial letter "S" so Shazam decreed the town be called New York City instead. One wonders why a similar change has been resisted for so long by the residents of the British town, S#horpe.

Please, New York? Son I founded Texas, me an pecos bill, uncle sam, and big paul bunyan. I also dug out the grand canyon when I had a limp, (wrestling mattch wiht the invisible hand) drained the florida swamp by taking a long drink from lake Okochobee, and built south beach when I accidentially made my sand castle too big.

Shazam also introduced the bicycle to the USA. Even today many young boys can be seen riding the Shazam BMX and the Shazam Racing Bike. Some are even rumoured to have experienced exhilerating rides on Shazam's Chopper. But that's another story.

Bicycle? Do I sound french to you?
I invented the hemi In 1843.

Shazam is also a great hero of the USAF, having downed 43 German and Japanese aircraft all by himself. Shazam's tally would have been that much greater had he not been banned for life by Lufthansa & JAL from the observation lounge of JFK.

Air force? Airforce? Get it straight boy, I never joined no military. I didnt have to, George Washington himself named me "the big red one" which I later happily passed down to the Ist infantry.

Shazam, I just have to get down on my knees before thee.

I'm so not worthy to be in your presence ;-)

Thats a common reaction.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
My whole point is, I find it hypocritical for the british to be as agressively and arrogantly "offended" by us using the exact same tactics in response to an nearly exact same threat profile as they themselves did.

Difference is, we don't fund the terrorists, you guys did. We came to your call for action (bad decision IMO).

Although not much is said about the fact that your people supported the IRA we will remember this helping hand.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
that article just shows that the british military have always had master tactitions who can plan battles. claiming that the weather is responsible is absolute lies

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke

Difference is, we don't fund the terrorists, you guys did. We came to your call for action (bad decision IMO).

Some people did. So far as I remeber the gov never financed them. And considering that we know some UK muslims (not all obviously, anymore than all irishmen in the US supported the IRA) are financing operations by jihadis in Iraq Im gonna have to mention the glass house again.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Funny you ask, I have my entire life thought GB had so much "over the top" lucky escapes throughout history it just doesn't seem coincidental. How many times can you play lotto and win without divine intervention?

Not only that, but consider that our language is the defacto international language of the entire world. We are the last greatest empire in history.

According to some modern day interpretations of holy scriptures, The UK are decendants of the Ephraim tribe from Israel. Remember too that the United Kingdom does have a name with the likeness of the United Monarchy (United Kingdom of Israel and Judah). The English monarchy are one of the worlds oldest western monarchs and claim they are decendants from David (read the queen conspiracies and the coronation stone/stone of destiny from Scotland).

It's hard to say if it's true or not, but I don't really think the UK monarchs are decendants of David. Even though i'm a brit, I always disliked the royal family and think we should get rid of them. In any case, losing the UK earlier in time would of changed the course of history for the entire world drastically. It's definately not a nation just made by pure chance it seems. It has a major place, destiny and reason in history I believe.

But I do not believe we are Gods' chosen people. But maybe we have a task to do, like defending tea drinkers worldwide (Tea is important ofcourse... make tea not war.. nuff said).

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hello, I just want to state here to all our American cousins that we are not all anti-American in the UK. We have a lot of juveniles who don't know any better than to disrespect your country. Virtually none of them have combat experience or any life experience, otherwise they would know that Europe would have been overun by the Russians or Germans in the last century without your country's huge sacrifice and loyal support.
Its trendy and left wing to be anti American in the UK at the moment, how sad that everyone of us owes our lives as we know them to American toughness in the face of tyranny. Most of these anti American posters would not consider personal sacrifice for another country but they do like to talk tough. I'l make it clear to you yank hating guys, and mark my words - its highly likely you'll get your war in this first part of this century, lets see how tough you are and whether you need America then. I don't think you'll feel so witty or cock sure when its your ass that gets chewed.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi ,

Er , where has the thread gone ? I see this has turned into another were better than you slanging match ....

God IMO does not exist , no omnipresent being has ever helped me out so i have to say the British are no ones chosen people.

Im English i have good teeth! NHS what an idea! shame its underfunded , i eat well and i dont care where the grub comes from! I do have to say tho i hate Black pudding and have never tried green tomato's (sounds disgusting) ...

There was i heard a plan to use Anthrax had the Germans invaded not too sure how accurate that is tho but heard it from Grandparents (bless em)

Still , i love my country as the French love theirs as do the Spanish theirs , im sure the Americans love theirs too . Oh and them Hollanders (dutch) nice people them !!

Just a shame i feel, that another thread falls into the good old were better than you routine , were all human in the end are we not ???

Regards to all

Git

[edit on 7-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Some people did. So far as I remeber the gov never financed them."

No they showed support by proxy ,invited terrorists to white house ,same as they did with the taliban,remember bush courting them over dinner?When it suited you.
who else let me think,nicaragua,Iran,colombia,panama,IRA,Israel,hamas!(have a nice new line in m4,s)

and bar b que "american style" different to the entire worlds definition ,what a surprise,sucks mate ,always covered in # coatings full of crap and salt.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

"Some people did. So far as I remeber the gov never financed them."

No they showed support by proxy ,invited terrorists to white house ,same as they did with the taliban,remember bush courting them over dinner?When it suited you.
who else let me think,nicaragua,Iran,colombia,panama,IRA,Israel,hamas!(have a nice new line in m4,s)

Again, learn your own history. And again, people in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks.

and bar b que "american style" different to the entire worlds definition ,what a surprise,sucks mate ,always covered in # coatings full of crap and salt.

uhuh. Nice to see your not a reflexive america hater or anything.
Good god, where are the adults in this thread? Anybody?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"Nice to see your not a reflexive america hater or anything.
Good god, where are the adults in this thread? Anybody? "

Not an america hater at all tbh ,my galveston born gf will vouch for that

and those I have served with.
Just that corn is probably the best you have as you said before...
Claiming American food the greatest is just plain silly.

I do know a little about brit history but two wrongs dont make a right ,and it is plain stupidity not to listen to those who have made the same mistakes in the past that you (america ) seem to be doing now and claim this as a proof of greatness.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by gambon]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join