It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Cheer up my British friend.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a #ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of #ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing #ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, #ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Love your wonderfull country and your wonderfull people.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Now't wrong with the Scots and Scotland...god graced that country..

Scotland the brave...Englands fierce ally!!..I think the true spirit of Gods chosen country..is more evident in the Scots!! even the politicians aren't as stupid..apart from Mr Brown...I reckon he was a curse on England sent by the Scots!!lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm English, and I would not want to be one of God's chosen people. Firstly I'm unsure whether there is a God or not, and secondly six million of God's chosen people got wiped out 65 years ago. I'd sooner reach retirement age.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck

Now't wrong with the Scots and Scotland...god graced that country..

Now if only he had graced them with independence!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

"Im the Goddamned Batman" lol

Really!!??? well I never!! with something like that under your avtar..I can't take your opinion seriously!!lol

Never written to a "batman" ...how crass!!lol

Good word that " Crass " lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck

"Im the Goddamned Batman" lol

Damn skippy.
Now pardon me but I have a retarded demi-god to take care of.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh you just look.

I had nothing to do with the English invasion of Ireland & I am unanimous in that.

^ (c) Mrs Slocombe's Book Of Hysterical Double Entendres, 1974 ^

You blaming current day Brits for the invasion of Ireland in the dim & distant is as daft as me blaming you for Thomas Edison's Electr-O-Cute nasal hair groomer.

Heck, blame me for something I deserve punishment for. Castration, even. Like voting Labour at the last general election.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

Oh you just look.

I had nothing to do with the English invasion of Ireland & I am unanimous in that.

Who said anything about the invasion?
British treatment of suspected IRA members was measurably worse than current treatment of detainees at gitmo. Im not talking the invasion, Im talking about what you guys did during the troubles.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What ? Like shooting IRA terrorists dead ?

Que sera sera.

Better shooting them dead then fundraising for the IRA in the 70's & 80's during St Patricks Day celebrations on the streets of New York City ... ah, the cruel irony ... NYC firefighters parading alongside the the friends of terrorists, Noraid, the US emerald isle can-rattlers who wouldn't know one end of ireland from the other.

You reap what you sow, don't you think ?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yeah well you would know about that wouldnt you. Your bloody lot supplied the IRA with Armalites and M60's - some bloody ally you turned out to be - nothing but a bunch of rebel colonials in my opinion.

You even invited Gerry Adams to the White House - a known terrorist. You want to clean your own house first before you start to critise others.

We have something you wont have for many years .... a proud history. I thank God I am a proud Englishman.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
er if we were gods chosen people i am sure he would have given us better weather

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Chosen people, ha!
Those in the know have two words: "The Doctor".
Remember - every legend and fiction has at its basis some kernel of truth.
You think Doctor Who is just a story??
-Cat

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

There's naught wrong with gala luncheons, lad!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

What ? Like shooting IRA terrorists dead ?

No like imprisoning them without charging them for years, torturing them for information, refusing them legal counsel. You know all the things you claim we are "evil" for doing.
The difference is, it wasnt evil when your nation was doing it, but now that mine is, and isnt even going as far as your people did, we are.
Funny how that works eh?

You reap what you sow, don't you think ?

You better hope not.

Originally posted by Wotan
You even invited Gerry Adams to the White House - a known terrorist. You want to clean your own house first before you start to critise others.

Thats funny, because I was going to mention the old saw about glass houses and throwing rocks.
Perhaps Britons should examine thier own history before condeming others for what they did first?

We have something you wont have for many years .... a proud history. I thank God I am a proud Englishman.

We have a very proud history thank you very much. In case you've forgotten it happens to involve Kicking your folks off of our Contitent, twice.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yeah you are so proud, that you virtually wiped out the indiginous population of America and then imprisoned them on reservations and you still treat them bad today. Grow up you ignorant bigot.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
British treatment of suspected IRA members was measurably worse than current treatment of detainees at gitmo. Im not talking the invasion, Im talking about what you guys did during the troubles.

You mean the guys that used to bomb London streets, kill on a whim, and ask for you lot for cash and guns? Those men actually attended a court and were found guilty, how many have stood trail from Guantanamo Bay?

What you guys do during and after the troubles is a lot more barbaric than anything we have done - we have a system and laws and try our very best to follow them - you guys just rip-up the book of law or rewrite it to suit your short term goals.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yeah you are so proud, that you virtually wiped out the indiginous population of America and then imprisoned them on reservations and you still treat them bad today. Grow up you ignorant bigot.

Remind me again, The Zulus, India, The Boer War, the Afghan war. Any of these rigning a bell?

Again, glass houses and throwing rocks.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

You mean the guys that used to bomb London streets, kill on a whim, and ask for you lot for cash and guns? Those men actually attended a court and were found guilty, how many have stood trail from Guantanamo Bay?

Some of them did, eventually. I guess you never heard of Operation Demetrius either?
Or the 5 techniques?
Heres a breif description

Between 1971 and ‘75 more than 2000 people were interned without trial by the state in Northern Ireland. Picked up without having any charges laid, or knowing when they were going to be released, detainees were subject to all sorts of treatments, some coming under the heading of ‘interrogation in depth’. Apart from prolonged sessions of oppressive questioning, serious threats, wrist bending, choking and beatings, there were instances of internees being forced to run naked over broken glass and being thrown, tied and hooded, out of helicopters a few feet above the ground. The ‘five techniques’ at the centre of the interrogators’ work were: sensory deprivation through being hooded (often while naked); being forced to stand against walls (sometimes for over 20 hours and even for more than 40); being subjected to continuous noise (from machinery such as generators or compressors for periods of up to 6 or 7 days); deprivation of food and water; sleep deprivation for periods of up to week. Relays of interrogation teams were used against the victims.

What you guys do during and after the troubles is a lot more barbaric than anything we have done - we have a system and laws and try our very best to follow them - you guys just rip-up the book of law or rewrite it to suit your short term goals.

I dont recall any American interrogators at Guantanamo forcing detainees to run naked over broken glass and being thrown, tied and hooded, out of helicopters a few feet above the ground.

But other than that? The five techniques? very similar to what we are (supposedly) using right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The difference is, they were not UK indiginous people and the things were done in less civilised times which cannot be said or excused now can it - see Gitmo and the US prison in Iraq.

Your Government makes me sick with its double standards. The sooner the US returns to its isolationist past the better ...... for all mankind.

Oh and I like the way you are very selective in your replies - are there some things we have said that you do not have an answer to or are ashamed of, hmm. YOU have not answered one question or statement with any proof whatsover. I suggest you go to bed now, your Mum must be calling you.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The difference is, they were not UK indiginous people and the things were done in less civilised times which cannot be said or excused now can it - see Gitmo and the US prison in Iraq.

Sorry. No dice. You brought up the "genocide" of the american indians, which happened around the same "barbaric period" as your treatment of the above named groups.
The troubles? Less than 30 years ago.

Your Government makes me sick with its double standards. The sooner the US returns to its isolationist past the better ...... for all mankind.

Well I feel the same about you. Its OK when y'all do it. but its evil if we do.

Oh and I like the way you are very selective in your replies - are there some things we have said that you do not have an answer to or are ashamed of, hmm. YOU have not answered one question or statement with any proof whatsover. I suggest you go to bed now, your Mum must be calling you.

Selective? I have answered every point you have made, and cited sources. You? Not so much.
Say hi to your mum for me.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join