It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Your getting some ATS points back anyway and you've turned my thread into a cooking contest.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56

Your getting some ATS points back anyway

huh?
Im still not sure how these point work.

and you've turned my thread into a cooking contest.

We win. Nothin beats Kansa city style ribs. Cept maybe mephis, or texs.

my bad, ill go back on topic.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Um ... cabbage crates coming over the briny?

Don't know if the Brits are God's chosen people, but they gave us Emma Peele, The Stone Roses, and Fawlty Towers. Gotta love em for that!
(And you'd have to be a great ponce not to love Emma Peele!)

[edit on 7-7-2008 by lw2525]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
Um ... cabbage crates coming over the briny?

Don't know if the Brits are God's chosen people, but they gave us Emma Peele, The Stone Roses, and Fawlty Towers. Gotta love em for that!

Add Red Dwarf, Doctor Who, and monty python.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Mr. Blobby, Tommy Cooper, Del Boy, deep fried Mars bars, fish en chips, warm beer, so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I found your post totally fascinating and would be very interested in learning more. I had believed that the holy grail referred to the body of Christ, which was believed to be buried in Carcassonne. I also heard that Princess Diana was descended from the Stuarts, who could be traced back to King David, although I'm not sure how.

I presume as you are posting anonymously you can't u2u, so could you please post some references, links or book titles so that I can read more?

And on topic, I believe that our victories had far more to do with our fighting skill than gods intervention. As with all battles, there may have been an element of luck, but our armed forces are respected worldwide and with good reason, both historically and today. So frankly the opinion of some kid who regards corn on the cob as a culinary delicacy is irrelevant - although he has undoubtedly provided a coupcon of amusement to those following this thread.

Its nice to see the Brits standing up and showing pride in their country!

"Rule Britannia!"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Actually ...I was involved in the mixed martial arts scene for a long time,,..and internationally...I have a bloody good idea!! lol

but at the end of the day you already have a set opinion!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

Rex the Runt, Space 1999, Worcestershire sauce, bacon butties, HP sauce, lousy cricket teams, Torchwood, page three girls, matchbox cars...

Did I leave anything out ?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I must insist that we get the thread back on track.

Now then, what’s the next recipe we’re going to discuss?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

A typical English summer!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
YOU, YES YOU Shazam The Unbowed, DAMN UPSTART

How dare you speak ill of the Queens gracious country, the very same country that helped give birth to the USA (United States of Arrogance)

Now be quiet there is a good fellow, just like a puppy dog you Americans are, always wanting to nip the hand that feeds you and s**t on other countries doorstep.

Be a good boy and fetch my crown we need to re-colonise and re-organise one of our former colonies that seem to have become stuck up their own a**e.

Rule Britannia

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Originally posted by TheOmen

As for cuisine, I want to hear more from this american kid, come on tell us more of your fantastic grub? You do know that without us Brits, you wouldn't exist?

Most of your population is people from England Ireland Scotland and Wales emigrating to the US.

Peace out

tO

In the sens that those worth anything had the balls to go across the ocean, leaving you with only the wilted and weakened stock that has led you to your great decline? Yeah. We took the best of y'all with us when we left, and we left you, what was leftover.

You poor misguided fool. The ones that left England to go to America were the bloody rejects of English Society. They were not pilgrims they were virtually deported. I suggest you read up on the history of the so-called pilgrim fathers from a European perspective not the 'fluffy cuddly' version you have been spoon-fed for generations.

Haha, it always makes me laugh when i hear about the Pilgrim Fathers - good bloody riddance.

Where the hell do you get your information about the UK from ........ comic books. You have absolutely NO FLAMING IDEA. I would pit my freedoms against yours anytime.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck

Actually ...I was involved in the mixed martial arts scene for a long time,,..and internationally...I have a bloody good idea!! lol

but at the end of the day you already have a set opinion!!

Every fight I have ever seen, live or in person, ended with both combatants hugging.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just because King Etherlred the Obese threw a bun at Dauphin Prince Louise Vuitton during some war five hundred and oatcake years ago doesn't really define us as Brits, though, does it ? The blogger himself refers to the British navy & Queen defeating the Spanish Armada ... um ... Britain didn't even have a navy or Queen then because Britain didn't even exist.

And throughout the thread England & Britain are consistently used interchangeably *sigh* .

As we consider quite how blessed the English are, perhaps we too should consider how cursed the Scots must be. The failure of Queen Mary to oust Elizabeth I, the Darien misadventure leading to union with England, the hesitation at Derby leading to defeat at Culloden, the highland clearances, mass emigration of Scots to outposts of the British (English ?) Empire ... the list is endless.

The British are God's chosen ?

Then God hates Scotland.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Oh yes!

At last, a twisted and bitter sweaty sock.
Why, no reference to 1966?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

You poor misguided fool. The ones that left England to go to America were the bloody rejects of English Society. They were not pilgrims they were virtually deported. I suggest you read up on the history of the so-called pilgrim fathers from a European perspective not the 'fluffy cuddly' version you have been spoon-fed for generations.

Hah. Nothing more than typical limey propaganda designed to prop up thier aging and sagging pride. Those that left were the best of you, unwilling to submit to your loopy royal rule and willing to risk life and limb to be free of the tyranny of the isles. Only those conteted with their serfdom and servitude stayed behind.

Haha, it always makes me laugh when i hear about the Pilgrim Fathers - good bloody riddance.

Funny, thats the same thing y'all said about India, and the empire, and the right to bear arms, and freedom of speech, etc, etc. You do have a habit of lettign the best of you go.

Where the hell do you get your information about the UK from ........ comic books. You have absolutely NO FLAMING IDEA. I would pit my freedoms against yours anytime.

No you wouldn't, not if you had any sense. Do some research.
Amount of time an american citizen can be held without charges - 48 hours.
Amount of time a british cistizen can be held without charges? 28 DAYs.
Surveilance? needs a Judges approval in the states. In Britain? A "written application which is considered by a designated individual within the body or agency". To put this in perspective, this would be like an FBI agent asking the Director of the FBI for permission. No judges needed.
Freedom of Speech? You know better, try and say soemthing offensive in public and watch how fast you get arrested. As Salman rushdie said "without the freedom to offend, there is no freedom of speech"
So please, do us both a favor, and look up the vast scop of powers your government has under the
Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act of 2000
1987 Criminal Justice Act

Hell even your own people overwhelmingly agree wiht me.

Only one-third of respondents in a new survey of British adults believe free speech exists in their country, and only one in five believe that they can safely voice their opinion on a sensitive issue.

source

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I feel that a lot about the Americans...misguided!!lol

Its nice to see the Americans over here...they have this thing about roots..lol we even have Mr Trump trying to get a peice of the UK (now he is a hand jive!!lol) ..but oh! yes he wants a peice!!...want do something for his roots...the Brits that still believe in this country are the chosen..I think!!

All others are wannabes..lol..The true brits feel their roots!!...we know inside we were chosen...

(The Uk ..that is England Irlend Scotland a Wales )

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

From a citizen of the nation which brought us the twin joys of Guantanamo & rendition, I really think you're not so much skating on thin ice as up a creek without a paddle.

1966, gaz ? 1966 ? *feigns ignorance*

If the Brits are God's children then the Scots are, I dunno, the black sheep of the family, the kids shuffled to the side in the family photo.

God's a bastard sometimes.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think one of the first posters was closest to why I think we did well for a while, we were a very brutal collection of people, having invaded and been invaded over thousands of years by multitudes of peoples. At some point though we both became soft, and overstretched causing us to fail, to the point that we are now the lapdog of the current big power. I suspect that within time we will both be lapdogs to the Chinese, if they do become as Imperialist as we were, and the US have been of late.

I often joke to my American friends that we are God's chosen people, and they are being punished, when I'm sat here in mild weather as usual, and they are battling floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

From a citizen of the nation which brought us the twin joys of Guantanamo & rendition, I really think you're not so much skating on thin ice as up a creek without a paddle.

Nothing compared to what y'all did to the Irish. or are you unaware of your own recent history?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join