It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Please make an effort to stay on the topic at hand. (Are the British God's chosen people?). Posts about other subjects (i.e. sheep) should be discussed in a separate thread and should not breech the site Terms and Conditions of Use.

Sheep ? what have you got against sheep ? sheep have played a major part in the Uk's development in the past 1000 + years , The British people owe a great deal to sheep! Some may choose to pay homage in there own way but that is their choice and persuasion ... not mine!

Sheep have every right to play a part in this discussion as they represent the Lamb of God , Blakes damn fine Poem/Hymn" Jerusalem" asks "And was the holy lamb of god (a sheep) , on ENGLANDS pleasant pastures seen"

Im a little worried about what you have against sheep and their vital role in the make up of this still proud nation and rightly so !!

A little humour does not hurt anyone , and helps dampen the conflict that this sort of discussion can throw up! It was quite heated until Gazbom cooled the flames a lil and i decided to help ... ok it went a little far but sometimes this happens , but none of it was offensive just a little piece of fun to lighten the atmosphere....

If offence was taken then i am sorry...

Kindest Regards

Git

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
By the year 2050, England will be a fully Islamic nation.

I'm assuming you aren't British then?

I love it when foreigners say this, as they have little or no understanding of British culture, the geography, the attitude, the humour, the acceptance but also the very essence of being english.

We will never be an islamic nation, we are too damned British to be anything but British.

Sure we aren't as xenophobic/paranoid as the Yanks and we're a little more accepting, but when push comes to shove.... the Brits will always be Brits.

Fact.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Could'nt agree more Mr Lizard.Why do these weird ideas about England persist?When you think about there's a direct contradiction going on between posters.England is either Illuminati Central,ruled by America or is an Islamic Republic.Shome mishtake shurely?As for Hitler living in England,I think Captain Mannering would have something to say about that.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There is no (personal) God and there is no chosen people, in spite of what Jews and British-Israelites may claim.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
Could'nt agree more Mr Lizard.Why do these weird ideas about England persist?When you think about there's a direct contradiction going on between posters.England is either Illuminati Central,ruled by America or is an Islamic Republic.

England is ruled by the City of London bankers who also run the US. Multi-culturalism is promoted to atomize British society and thereby weaken the power base of the masses. Considering the reproduction rates of certain immigrant groups in comparison with those of natives, it is not unlikely that they will in time outbreed the Brits.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All this stereotyping is so tedious.

This perception of us Brits being meek, mild and ready to roll over is quite staggering!

I suggest some of the non-Brits posting here take a little time out and study some REAL British history and get to know some genuine Brits.
They would realise that we are a most steely, resilient, steadfast people who are notorious fighters.

Another attribute of everyday British people is the constant need to see humour in everything and constantly rip the piss out of each other.

Git, as usual, top notch my friend, can always rely on you!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
This perception of us Brits being meek, mild and ready to roll over is quite staggering!

I suggest some of the non-Brits posting here take a little time out and study some REAL British history and get to know some genuine Brits.
They would realise that we are a most steely, resilient, steadfast people who are notorious fighters.

Maybe in British propaganda. In reality, the British mostly let others do the fighting for them or turned other nations against one another while reaping the benefits from staying neutral. Does the term "Perfide Albion" mean anything to you?

Britain has also been the one nation in Western-Europe with the greatest gap between rich and poor for about the last 200 years. Even as late as the 1940s, you had 14-year-olds doing very dangerous factory work for up to 53 hours a week.....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OutoftheBoxthinker

Every Empire throughout history has utilised the fighting forces of conquered nations and civilisations. Why would we be any different?

Didn't The French and Germans aid US forces in The War Of Independance and subsequent conflicts?

Study European history, which is one of constant warfare.
When was the last time anyone even invaded the UK let alone beat us?
Nearly a thousand years ago, that is unique in Europe, and, though I'm not certain of this, possibly the world.

You highlight one example of British society which, too be fair, is something we should not be proud of, but what about all the positives we have given to world socety and culture?

I genuinely believe that the anti-Brit sentiments evident throughout the world is a direct result of the jealousy of all that Britain has achieved throughout it's long and proud history.
Yes, we have committed some horrific deeds, but would any other nation have acted any different in the same situation in the same times?
I think not.
Do people still drag up The Spanish Inquisition and all the horrors commited in it's name to every Spaniard they meet today?
I think not.
I think the world should be grateful that it was us that conqured the world and not some of our continental cousins.
It is also interesting that a common sentiment expressed throughout a lot of our ex-colonies that they wish they could go back to colonial days and the wealth, affluence, stability and security that it provided.
Of course, it wouldn't quite be PC to mention all this and it's pretty 'trendy' to be anti-British at present.

But when it all go's tit's up and the proverbial starts flying, who is the first country everyone run's to?
Britain?
Why?
Because deep down everyone knows just what we have to offer.

Of course, being serious, we are no better or no worse than any other nation.
But what we have achieved on the world stage, over a consistent, lengthy period of time is second to none especially considering the size of our Green And Pleasant Land!

Oh, and it's ok to laugh every now and again you know old bean!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Maybe in British propaganda. In reality, the British mostly let others do the fighting for them or turned other nations against one another while reaping the benefits from staying neutral. Does the term "Perfide Albion" mean anything to you?

Britain has also been the one nation in Western-Europe with the greatest gap between rich and poor for about the last 200 years. Even as late as the 1940s, you had 14-year-olds doing very dangerous factory work for up to 53 hours a week.....

Who defeated the french in the napoleonic wars ??

Who defeated Spanish ??

Who defeated the Argies ??

Who conquered India and parts of china , a chunk of Africa...?

There are a shed load more but i just cant be arsed to find out cos , no matter what we write , someone else will come up with some comment trying to be little the exploits of this great country , Ok there are bad moment as there are with any country or Empire , But we dont run from anything and we will always stand by our allies from the start through to the end , more than i can say for other countries of the world!!

Freeborn me ol' bean , Great to see you again , and as usual im getting it from the Anglophobes! My ally in this has been in his words "suspended" because he likes sheep! Ok a little bit too much but thats his perogative.

Still its good to hear from you again old fruit

Toodle pip n all that rot

Git

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can highly recommend Anton Zischka's Sechs Jahrhunderte britischer Kriege mit fremden Waffen for a better insight in the history of the British Empire and its techniques of gaining global domination.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutoftheBoxthinker
I can highly recommend Anton Zischka's Sechs Jahrhunderte britischer Kriege mit fremden Waffen for a better insight in the history of the British Empire and its techniques of gaining global domination.

Hmmm is that German by any chance ??

link   

But when it all go's tit's up and the proverbial starts flying, who is the first country everyone run's to?
Britain?
Why?

Britain and the US are the first countries corrupt "democratic" nations run to because Wall Street and the City of London are the main seats of the New World Order.

link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit

Yup. Why?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Britain?
Why?

Britain and the US are the first countries corrupt "democratic" nations run to because Wall Street and the City of London are the main seats of the New World Order.

Is that a bad thing really ??
If it is a bad thing can you tell me my you think that , im not being funny or confrontational , I , would just like to know why so i understand where you are coming from , I may agree with you , you never know lol

regards

Git

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Western civilisation is about to collapse as a consequence of NWO influence. So yes; it's a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yup. Why?

Just summising , It may be a little biased against Britain , im not saying it is as i have not read it ..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Western civilisation is about to collapse as a consequence of NWO influence. So yes; it's a bad thing.

Where has that information come from ? What is the proof saying we are to collapse?

Regards

Git

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

yes.
They dont care about you.. they MIGHT be Gods chosen people AND british but that doesn't mean you are anything but another pleb to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't think so.
Things are definately going a bit pear shaped at the moment, and I suspect things'll only get worse, however, if there is a NWO, then I suspect that it will all be part of their grand scheme.
They will not let loose of their grip on things after all these years.

Back on topic; nations run to Britain because they know we are strong, true, steadfast, loyal and very, very good!

As I said before, all other nations wanted an Empire when we were building ours, of the few that succeeded none could match the achievements of The British Empire. (A notable failure were attempts of Germany to build an Empire, it wasn't until the rise of Hitler that they achieved any conquests of note, and look what else they imposed on their vanquished nations, as stated before, it's a good job it was us Brits because I dread to think what atrocities The Spanish or The Germans would have committed if they'd had that mch power and influence!)

Unfortunately, as I have previously posted on ATS, people fall into the trap of judging the actions of yesterday by the morals and standards of today.

Edit to correct poor grammar and spelling

[edit on 31/7/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Where has that information come from ? What is the proof saying we are to collapse?

I don't understand how 85 years after Max Nordau and 72 years after Oswald Spengler some people still haven't figured out that Western civilisation is dying. Isn't it obvious by now?

Anyway, a few examples of the many articles on this topic :
- Jacques Attali - The Crash of Western Civilization: The Limits of the Market and Democracy
- Philip Atkinson - The End Of Western Civilization
- Richard C. Cook - The final crash of Western civilization: Status Report on the Collapse of the U.S. Economy
- Michael Youssef - The beginning of the end of Western civilization

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join