Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

Gone to try and stop pigs in passages !!lol

Or try to trawl some evidence..then again ...he might have buggered off with his tail between his legs...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No idea but I miss his entertainment quality and his views on corn on the cob and bbq's and it's really very quiet here to-night we could do with him shouting his views on the great American ideals.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ahhhh The good ol wholesome American way !

Shoot first ask questions later . .

Speaking of questions , I have 1 ...

Why in the girls game of rounders sorry, baseball, do they call it the World series ? when only them n the Canadians and maybe the Japs play the game ?
And they take the pee out of the beautiful game! Now , most of the planet plays Footy , real footy that is, where its foot to ball only .. so how come ?

regards

Git

off topic i know but its a question i would like to know the answer to ?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Ahhhh The good ol wholesome American way !

Shoot first ask questions later . .

Speaking of questions , I have 1 ...

Why in the girls game of rounders sorry, baseball, do they call it the World series ? when only them n the Canadians and maybe the Japs play the game ?
And they take the pee out of the beautiful game! Now , most of the planet plays Footy , real footy that is, where its foot to ball only .. so how come ?

regards

Git

off topic i know but its a question i would like to know the answer to ?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

I might be wrong but the word world series comes from the original sponsors which happened to be a newspaper or something like that and the word world was the newspapers name, I'm a bit vague I know but that's were the world series comes from.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Sounds feasable ol man !! It was just a question i have often wondered about .. thanx, still best we get back on topic or we will get a cyber spanking from them upstairs ....... ahem ..

toodle pip ol fruit n all that rot lol

rgds

Git

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I think he's been taken to a fema camp under the new martial law as being a macho guy he probably shot someone trying to protect his barbeque set and his secret knowledge about the origin of barbeqeuing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

OMG

I do believe you forgot them thar corn on the cobbs too ... oh well never mind eh !

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Speaking of soorr-ccerr how come they have sorrcerrr Moms and we have Danny Dyer and his contingent of football hooligans.I'm not against football hooligans per se as I find them very entertaining but it makes you think.Furthermore I feel like rugby(which is slightly more bearable than watching the footy as there is less oscar winning performances of pain)has been defiled in America by nancy boys wearing armour.I've always been mystified by the world of American sports as they seem consistently boring and there's all this hoo-haa about it infilms etc.I suppose basketball is quite good but then that's netball for lads.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
Speaking of soorr-ccerr how come they have sorrcerrr Moms and we have Danny Dyer and his contingent of football hooligans.I'm not against football hooligans per se as I find them very entertaining but it makes you think.Furthermore I feel like rugby(which is slightly more bearable than watching the footy as there is less oscar winning performances of pain)has been defiled in America by nancy boys wearing armour.I've always been mystified by the world of American sports as they seem consistently boring and there's all this hoo-haa about it infilms etc.I suppose basketball is quite good but then that's netball for lads.

Hi Candyfloss!
Baseball and the NFL are fantastic sports, what makes it hard for us Brits is our sports tend to be free flowing however American sports are specificly designed for tv, hence the sport in question must stop every couple of minutes for the tv ads.
who is Danny Dyer?
Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You should meet my friends husband Gazbom.He loves American sports too.He watches ESPN everynight and also has an extensive collection of books about baseball but he also has sixteen books about the OJ Simpson case.I think you have a point about tv ads but it's not just that.But I was thinking about a few questions I'd like to ask you and the other contributers to this thread'

1)What do you think it means to be English ie;values etc?

2)Have you belonged to any type of tribe?By that Imean hippy,biker ,punk..etc

3)Where do you see the future of England lying?Are you optimistic or depressed about the future?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You should meet my friends husband Gazbom.He loves American sports too.He watches ESPN everynight and also has an extensive collection of books about baseball but he also has sixteen books about the OJ Simpson case.I think you have a point about tv ads but it's not just that.But I was thinking about a few questions I'd like to ask you and the other contributers to this thread'

3)Where do you see the future of England lying?Are you optimistic or depressed about the future?

Hi Candyfloss,
I think the youth culture in the UK is very special, since the 60's I might add, I love the music, the fashion, It's a bit worrying whats going at the moment though with all the street murders.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You know, I tried the last few pages, I really did. The problem was, it was a bunch of brits talking, and as a result, none of it was in english.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Non of us are optimistic about the future that's why we are members of ATS!
Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
You know, I tried the last few pages, I really did. The problem was, it was a bunch of brits talking, and as a result, none of it was in english.

And what did you try?
To read?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Shazam,bonjour mon cher.Comment allez vous?Bien?Pourqoui tu as malhuresament?C'est un merde mais non?Allors, tu as une Americane est non parlez pour vous?Etre tres joli maintenant.Ca va ,jai fait travaille,au reviour.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Attention,regardez le film'La Haine'-The Hate-

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Attention,regardez le film'La Haine'-The Hate-

uk.youtube.com...

Hij spreek ook geen Nederland's denk ik?
maar zijn Engels is ook niet goed or!

Tot ziens,

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56
reply to post by expatwhite

Well me too my friend,

Living in Holland but white thru and thru!

Nice to meet ya!

Gazbom

am a leeds fan to,l how werid is that!. we must have it in our blood

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69

Originally posted by gazbom56
reply to post by expatwhite

Well me too my friend,

Living in Holland but white thru and thru!

Nice to meet ya!

Gazbom

am a leeds fan to,l how werid is that!. we must have it in our blood

Another one, hi,
This post has been a magnet for Leeds fans!
Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

Bloody Leeds fans everywhere!! lol u know im joking .....

Did i hear another toy being thrown out of the pram from our eloquent, poor vocabularied friend again ?? oh joy !

Still not going to rise to the taunts of a perveyour of poor English, Hows the rest of you lot today then ??

Git

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join