It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Are the British God's chosen people?

I came upon this article on the Internet and when you read of all the extremely even outrageously lucky escapes and victory's over the years it makes me wonder! No nation outside of ancient Israel has experienced more cases of divine intervention than Great Britain. Just try to find one. And not just little everyday miracles either—although there have been plenty of those too—but history-altering events. Events that have no explanation but that of divine intervention. Miracles without which the nation would have ceased to exist.

Gazbom.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by gazbom56]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56
Events that have no explanation but that of divine intervention. Miracles without which the nation would have ceased to exist.

Lots of countries get those. I've read about them for France and the United States as well.

No, i don't think that the British are 'God's Chosen People'. I think that God chose ALL people to be His children. He decided to have salvation come from through Jewish blood - Christ was born with Jewish blood - so in a sense you can say that the Jews are 'God's Chosen People' to bring forth the messiah. But otherwise, we Earthlings are all God's Chosen People. (IMHO)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I guess us Brits are just damn lucky.
Thats all I see it as.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah I agree with you and I'm not trying to wind anybody up but I also read somewere the British and the American's were the two lost tribes of Isreal! Just a thought.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This thread made me smile

I dont think its anything to with God, its a combination of 2 things, training and genetics. I just honestly think that our Jacks and our Squaddies were better trained than anyone else in the world at the time and we happen to come from a mongrel race of people such as Brits, Celts, Romans, vikings, saxons etc and we like to drink and fight more than anyone else in the world. If in doubt, go to a football match !

Even though many of our Jacks were pressed, they were still regarded as the most fearsome fighting men in the world

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Are you by any chance a Leeds fan?

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Gazbom.

yes, why?

errmm, not a one liner, honestly

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
William Blake wondered that, too:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold;
Bring me my arrows of desire;
Bring me my spear; O clouds, unfold!

Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well me too my friend,

Living in Holland but white thru and thru!

Nice to meet ya!

Gazbom

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Nice one.
I forgot about Jerusalem,

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Well me too my friend,

Living in Holland but white thru and thru!

Nice to meet ya!

Gazbom

MOT mate

Im sure the mods will delete this for being off topic but its an example of were not gods people, just like minded loons

Gazbom added to friends list

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

Can you please explain what a lost Semite (people of Southwest Asia, including the Arab and Jewish peoples, and the ancient Assyrians, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, and Phoenicians) tribe of Israel, have in common with the Celtic and Gaulish tribe of ancient Britannia?

kacou

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I can't!

I said I read it somewhere,
2008 " God's final witness" by Ronald Weinland.
He said the Brits and the Americans are the two lost tribes of Israel.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know about the lost tribes of Israel. The Brits - and to an even greater extent - the Americans, are a mish mash of differing races cultures and creeds. Even if you chose to ignore the more recent migrations into the British Isles, and went back - say - to medieval times, there were half a dozen genetic strands operating under the umbrella term English, Scottish, Welsh. How they can all be descended from some lost tribe is beyond me. You're Anglo-saxons and Celts though, were inordanately fond of their creation myths, whereby they exalted some semi-divine ancestor as the founder of their particular tribe, and when Chritianity came along it was only natural they would start tinkering with it to suit the new belief system.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

As i am not an aficionado of end time prophet, I have to denounce the author name Ronald Weinland as a fraud.
In Britain you have some very distinguished author of alternative history, may I recommend you Jonathan Balck.
His book “The Secret History of the World” is in my view a grand progression in telling the world how world history has been formed.

Good day,
Kacou

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Dont you think that gods chosen people would have better teeth? or edible cuisine? Or at least a few of the freedoms we enjoy here in ther states? Or interntaional pull that doesnt depend on being the 51st state? Just a few thoughts.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Dont you think that gods chosen people would have better teeth? or edible cuisine? Or at least a few of the freedoms we enjoy here in ther states? Or interntaional pull that doesnt depend on being the 51st state? Just a few thoughts.

Sounds like this morbidly obese, god-fearing, mcdonalds chomping, idiot is jealous of blighty eh?

Now go back to shooting a defenceless animal or go bomb a hospital yankie boy.

Silly yanks with their silly stereotypes eh?

51st state indeed. No thanks mate, we'll leave your sinking ship to yourself... Can fat people float? I sure hope so.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah I don't think he's been following the news lately but they won't be having them luxury's for much longer, the Dollar is dying!

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Gazbom.

Love it. Another Leeds fan here!

In regard to the OP, I think our military was and still is one of the best trained in the world. I'd give credit to the people over a miracle of God.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you think that's funny, you should check his profile...

He seems such a plastic stereotype of America, it almost makes you want to cry for him.

Almost.

Back on topic, nope I don't think the Brits are god's children, I don't believe in god, so it's kind of a null point.

But i do like britain, we're generally funny, bitterly optimistic and I think we deal with things better than most people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join