It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a crack at what George W Bush wished for on his Birthday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Today was George W Bush Jr 62nd Birthday and he celebrated it with the Japanese Prime Minister.

Here is the round up of the article

Embattled Bush makes birthday wish

TOYAKO, Japan (AFP) — Embattled US President George W. Bush celebrated his 62nd birthday by making a wish Japanese-style -- by inking in the eye of a doll given to him by the country's prime minister.
The president, who is battling a slumping economy, bad poll ratings and a bitter six-year-old war in Iraq, painted a pupil into the eye of the doll presented to him at a dinner with Japan's Yasuo Fukuda late Sunday, an official said.
The traditional "Daruma" doll is hollow and round with blank white eyes and is named after Bodhidharma, legendary Buddhist monk and founder of Zen. The recipient is expected to make a wish after dotting the eye.
"Please make a wish when you fill in a single circular eye," Fukuda explained to Bush, according to the Japanese official.
"The president then circled an eye while thinking," he said.
There was no word what Bush, whose eight-year term in office ends in six months, wished for.
The dinner between the allies, who are attending the Group of Eight summit on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, took place on Bush's birthday on the eve of the meeting of leaders of rich countries.
Bush was also presented with a baseball windbreaker and a birthday cake shaped like a ball park with a Texas Rangers logo in consideration of his favorite sport.
"The president told our prime minister that he thought 62 years would be quite an old age when he was young, but he said he doesn't feel so now," the official said.
Bush added that he was looking forward to riding a mountain bike during his stay in a hill-top hotel surrounded by woods, the official said.

Link to Article

Well guys tell us what you think he wished for?

I think another 4 years in power. lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
I think another 4 years in power. lol

Frankly, I'd think just the opposite.

The guy looks tired. He is talking tired. (and considering the difficult time he has speaking when he's not tired .. yikes!) I noticed that when McCain got the Republican Nomination it seemed that Bush43 sort of quit. He acts like a goof and speaks even goofier.

I don't think he wished for four more years. I bet he wished that it was already the end of January 2009 and that he was already retired on his plantation in Paraquay (or whereever the heck his end-of-the-world hideaway is)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
haha yeah that's pretty true. I was trying to think up of something and this came to mind.

"I wish the world the world didn't hate me"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
'I wish for another wish'
then
and
then

etc etc

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We'll probably never know what he wished for.

In other news.....

Dick Cheney rushed to hospital after bizarre Quail hunting accident left shotgun impaled up his (censored).

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
haha yeah that's pretty true. I was trying to think up of something and this came to mind.

"I wish the world the world didn't hate me"

You know, I think that's probably a pretty good guess.

George Bush seems to me to be a man ensnared in a worldview with dual absolute moral perspectives. He seems to genuinely believe that his actions are good and righteous, and the fact that the rest of the world doesn't always agree is the cross he must carry. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men". He sees himself as the righteous man.

This is why he's always talking about letting 'history be the judge'. It's his only hope for vindication; his actions, such as they are good, will always be seen as evil. He's willing to martyr himself to such a fate in the present, if that's what it takes.

Poor guy.

Edit to add: Oh, and my sincere wishes for a happy birthday to him. Even if it might be judged that he isn't 'deserving' of such, I don't care -- he's a human being and I personally wish him well.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

We can obviously only speculate the wishes of someone so greedy, controlling and deceitful.
But you can bet he DIDN"T wish for world peace.
Can't lose too much revenue now can he?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Probably a "no hitch" war provocation as an excuse to attack Iran.

Just my .02

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What about 72 virgins? I thought that would have been his first wish

top topics

join