It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Really Have A Soul?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You are assuming that the actions of mediums are true. This has never been proven to my knowledge.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It hasn't been proven; however, also to my knowledge, neither is the fact that a soul does exist.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
A ghost is a soul. Of which do you speak. Many ghosts that we see are scared of the light, and have not recognized the father.

Okay, so if a ghost is a soul, how come no where in the Bible, Koran, Torah etc. it says nothing about ghosts.
I'm familiar with the Holy Spirit, but in this case that does not seem to be the same thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
only the ultimate self remembers past lives (atman)
unless you are highly spiritually developed
some times children remember past lives when they are very young but then forget as they grow older.
there is a reason why we dont remember past lives...
The ever flowing divine consciouness does not want us to become attached to people from past lives and give our love to only a small clique of persons
there are people though in your present life who you were familiar with in past lives and you may have to work out problems with them in this life that you shared with them in the past life

Now watcheroftheskies, you have just confused the (c) outta me. So the soul continues on in past lives and such, then why would there be the proclaimed heaven and hell?
If "souls" just keep becoming reborn, there seems no since in having it.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I believe we have souls, because the alternative to not having a soul is to be an empty shell walking around.

I think some people have had past lives and some have not, and are 'new' souls. Some people actually do retain knowledge from their past lives, like dreaming about them.
How do we know that rather than instincts and gut feelings, those are lessons and knowledge from past lives?

If there are souls that keep being reborn, where do the "new" souls seem to come from. Why are some new and some old? I don't mean to sound so skeptical of that, it just seems to convenient to have such a simple answer.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
no the soul does not continue on in past lives
in your past life you had loves,friends,enemys
you have come in to this life from a past life and have to work out your karma and some of it includes people you were familiar in past lives with

have you ever met some one and felt like youve known them before?
have you ever had a dream and in the dream you knew the person and when you woke you did not know them?

there are hell like regions in the astral world if you were bad in this life time
There are many mansions

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
in the idea of humans having a soul...I just believed we were another form of meat with just bigger brains than any other.
I am very rational and scientific and dont believe in anything I cant see or touch...or didnt
BUT, since I have been taking a free online course in Astral projection and meditation and reading everythign I can find on the subject, I found to be true some of the things other people have already said on this post. I have been practicing intently for months and am amazed at the enlightenment one can achieve.
What we can see and touch make up less that one percent of the energy around us. Energy being created nor destroyed, is everchanging. We, and everything else are made of the same energy, and are not individuals but are all connected,-- everything and everyone.
Anyone can achieve the enlightenment to know this for fact-- even the biggest skeptic-- as myself has.
The world is made up of magnetic and electric energy and vibrations that make up different planes or dimentions. Through meditation and practice and unrelenting effort to train your mind to focus and question, you will find the truth.
This is not a religious practice, it is a practice that human beings once depended on to learn and live as those way before them did. Human common knowledge was found thru meditation prayer mantras chanting hypnotic ceramonies ect. Wisdom came thru deep thought--though which achieved common human knowlege which is in the common mind of all human beings, waiting to be tapped again by the mankind who chose to disgard it and replace it with conventional methods of training and education. There are still communities who utilize these practices, though "civilized" people view them as underdeveloped or primitive.
Returning to basics will teach us that humans, though new in town as far as the world is concerned, have ancient minds that are interconnected in an incredibly complex web of invisible energy.
Man I sound like a real nut now, huh.
I have alot to learn still being new at this and having beginners luck in astral projection.
I havent gotten it figured out ofcourse but I truly believe i am on the right track.
I always believed that death = the old dirt nap. nothing more but I do believe now there is a seperation of the body and some other something (SOUL?) after death In the same manner as astral projection.
I believe there is a transfer of energy in the time of death.
Thanks for reading
--Kris

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
xxKrisxx and watcheroftheskies,
Thank you for your input.
xxKrisxx, I find it hard to believe that a skeptic such as yourself would even dabble in astral projection, because wouldn't that mean you have to have a soul/essence to have an outta body experience?
I've had the feeling of deja vu before, but because of religious beliefs, it is said that is not possible.
So that leaves the Big Dirt Nap, where do we go from there?
Heaven, Hell, Black Hole, Dimension X, I guess it would take someone who's had a Near Death Experience.
Has experienced that?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Cheshire Cat, all your questions do have simple answers, but they do require quite a lot of explanation.
The answers given here are mostly true but I understand they dont make much sense because a lot of info is missing from the answers.

Every living thing has a "soul". I really don't like using that word as it is quite a misconception. We have many bodies. One is physical, the rest are non-physical, purely energetic. Each one occupies a different "dimensional level" so to speak. Human beings exist on all of these levels simultaniously and require one body in each which our consciousness (what could aptly be called our soul) is connected to.
In the physical dimension we have a physical body which holds our consiousness here. In the real-time zone we have a real-time body to hold out consciousness there. The same goes for all the dimensions all the way to the top where we no longer need any body at all and can exist all as one pure consciousness.

If you have any specific questions that you would like me to answer I will do so.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
A ghost is a soul. Of which do you speak. Many ghosts that we see are scared of the light, and have not recognized the father.

Okay, so if a ghost is a soul, how come no where in the Bible, Koran, Torah etc. it says nothing about ghosts.
I'm familiar with the Holy Spirit, but in this case that does not seem to be the same thing.

The soul is one's holy spirit. One must remember that much is left out of religious writings for control sake. What does the holy spirit within you tell you?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What got me involved in the "mysticism" of astral projection was a spontaneous experience some years ago.
I was exhausted, having been so restless after the loss of a loved one. I experienced much sleep paralysis, and what people would consider an "OOBE" of epic proportion. (this is like 10 years ago)
If you ever saw recent past posts of mine as xxKristinexx, I still dismissed these experiences as "out of body SEEMING" occurences, still believing it was all in the "mind"
BUT after researching and researching and years of doubting myself...............,
Finally I gave in. I gave the idea of all this "other side" stuff some consideration.
What I found was, thru meditation , something very enlightening. I have had willed astral projection, have found answers to questions, Ive explored my own mind and beyond. I have found that limiting ones self with skepticism is the worse possible way to fail in life (not doubt, doubt leaves room for exploration).
I have proven to myself that the energy of a human being and all living beings is transfered after death.
I feel most humans are consumed by the physical world that they see, they give no thought to the energy of their being. I have changed my way of thinking on a daily basis,
Though,I dont walk around smelling of petrouli oil and chanting mantras, I sure as hell dont make fun of people who do anymore. I think they are onto something
Kristine

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
hey kristine you u2u me any time you want

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You've brought an interesting prospective to the discussion. So what you are saying, that it may not entirely be a "soul" just an essence that exists in this dimension.... am I off?
Not to sound trite, but like in the "Matrix" our mind can exist without the body.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I m not sure exactly what Im saying...exactly...ha.
All I know is, I have been way wrong in the past. I have taken life so literally-- so black and white, only to find at 30 years old the rainbow of gray that lies between.
Yes the matrix, well almost......Nothing is as it seems my friend.
The best way I can explain my conclusion thus far? Hmmmm lets see..Nothing is completely on or off, positive or negitive, a 0 or 1, alive or dead. It is a combination of many 1 s and 0 s or a combination of + and -. Neutrality is almost an illusion. Everything is in a constant state of fluctuation, and everything and everyone is webbed togther in a complex arrangement of energy threading, always reconnecting and distributing its energy so that as a whole, all together, it will always equal the same amount of energy--This being the only constant.
I believe in this day of extreme manipulation by man unto the world, we are f ing this whole thing up. As we create these highly disruptive chain reactions, and then try to resolve them, the turmoil and tention and undulation in the web is catastophic. The fibers of being are fighting the unatural chaos.
ANYWAY that doesnt sound like me...Dont know where it came from. But I promise as soon as science ceases s to be so scientific we will scientificly prove this theory. HA!
So I m not sure that the idea of a "soul" is what Im saying. But a level of conciousness without the physical body yes thats what Im saying.
Thanks for finding an interest
Kristine

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I believe we have souls, because the alternative to not having a soul is to be an empty shell walking around.

I think some people have had past lives and some have not, and are 'new' souls. Some people actually do retain knowledge from their past lives, like dreaming about them.
How do we know that rather than instincts and gut feelings, those are lessons and knowledge from past lives?

If there are souls that keep being reborn, where do the "new" souls seem to come from. Why are some new and some old? I don't mean to sound so skeptical of that, it just seems to convenient to have such a simple answer.

New souls are created by God. Just like everything else. This is just my opinion and it seems reasonable to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
American Medicine
April, 1907
Hypothesis Concerning Soul Substance Together with Experimental Evidence of The Existence of Such Substance
by Duncan MacDougall, M.D.
of Haverhill, Mass.

If personal continuity after the event of bodily death is a fact, if the psychic functions continue to exist as a separate individually or personality after the death of brain and body, then such personality can only exit as a space occupying body, unless the relations between space objective and space notions in our consciousness, established in our consciousness by heredity and experience, are entirely wiped out at death and a new set of relations between space and consciousness suddenly established in the continuing personality. This would be an unimaginable breach in the continuity of nature.

www.ghostweb.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
American Medicine
April, 1907
Hypothesis Concerning Soul Substance Together with Experimental Evidence of The Existence of Such Substance
by Duncan MacDougall, M.D.
of Haverhill, Mass.

"...This would be an unimaginable breach in the continuity of nature."

www.ghostweb.com...

EXACTLY.................like I said previously...unimaginable in the everyday state of conciousness. Wake up (or goto sleep) and smell the coffee.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As oult is you. Your sould is inhabiting a body. It could be any body for example your friend.... it will still be you doesnt matter what body you are in.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
new souls
Thougth about this lot's latly don't know y
it's a large leaning curve
new one could come from lesser awere animal
and learn their way up the ladder so to speak
we now have less animals and more humans
same amount of souls
just my thougths

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
At some point, I can provide absolute unequivocal proof that we do, in less than 50 words.

I will do that here, my Creator willing.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I would have to say yes, but at the same time no. And I'll explain why...

Yes, because without a soul (or whatever), I think that every person and animal would act the same, think the same, feel the same, etc. The "soul" gives us our personality in a sense.

No, because their is not and never has been any proof of a "soul" in any type of organism, regardless of behavioral characteristics.

To tell the truth, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Mr. M

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join