It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Definitive "Birth Certificate" Thread - Updated 8th August 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
From the Terms and Conditions

1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

It does not matter how you couch it, a thread about Obama's birth certificate is a thread about Obama's birth certificate. There are too many of them already, and more than one has been authored by the same person.

New ones in this forum will be closed. There's no need for any more.

[edit on 7/0708/08 by neformore]

This thread is now the "definitive" Obama Birth Certificate Thread. Please contribute any discuission about the subject below.

[edit on 8/0808/08 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Got a favorite?
Maybe it could be retitled the OFFICIAL Obama Birth certificate thread.

That way, if we close others, we could direct them to the "Official".

Then later, people will begin to discuss actual issues...ok, so I'm dreaming.
What do you think?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I was thinking about that. I guess its a case of picking the largest and closing the rest.

So far they've been couched in "slightly different" terms but a birth certificate is a birth certificate is a birth certificate....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
so does he have one or not! LOL i didnt want to go reading them all .. so summary anyone?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Morrigan

Summary:

Obama's birth certificate is fake or altered.

no it's not

Yes it is, I have proof.

No it's not, I have proof.

So, one thread is enough. It either is, or it isn't!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Obama?

Who's Obama?

Musta been sleeping..

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

oh well that clears things up then

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
See, now I feel bad Morrigan!

I am a moderator, I should be helpful, and provide guidance to our members.

Here's one.
photoshopped?

and another
African is not a race

Those should get you started. That, and a cup of coffee.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

How about two? One for "it is" and another one for "it isn't"...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Altervatively, we could index them all here, Majic(tm) style, close each one as we link it, and make this the definitive consolidated thread for all things Obama birth certificate wise.

I'm throwing this idea out for discussion. One thing is for certain, a new thread every couple of days/hours/when someone writes a blog entry/someone changes a spelling in a blog entry/someone thinks about maybe changing the spelling in a blog entry etc is not going to work.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Not to be a nudge or anything .. but what the heck.

I started the first one back on June 11th.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not just tack all the others on to this one thread - where they all should have been discussing it to begin with?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm all for it Nef.

I don't mind the debating, it's just that the forum was being inundated with the same accusation over and over. There wasn't even very much new information to add to the next thread, just a regurgitation. Some threads ended up being hijacked by the Certificate issue. I think some people may have felt that instead of invigorating a dying thread they'd start a new one out for the day to get the debate raging.

I just stopped reading them all together.

Indexing, or consolidating is fine by me, as long as the redundant influx is shut off.
After that if people still want to debate the validity of Obamas birth certificate then have at it.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bumped on purpose, to bring this into the mainstream again.

More thoughts please.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

well. Here's my thought:

In reference to the validity of the CoB, “It’s a valid Hawaii state birth certificate,” spokesman Janice Okubo says its valid.

So.

I submit

1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

Says all but the original should be deleted

and, instead of flagging the original with "OFFICIAL"

and instead of deleting it

Ms. Okubo gives us reason to [HOAX] it. A hawaiin state official says its legit. Until a hawaiian state official says its FAKE, then there's no reason to not use the [hoax] tag that gets used sometimes in other forums.

Posting:

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Its been proven legit by a woman who is in a position to make that call. So (IMO) until such time the unlikely event of something else comes along to disprove Ms. Okubo's claim - this is - by definition - a hoax.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
More thoughts please.

Sorry, I missed that you were asking for thoughts.

I like Hellmutt's idea of "one for" and "one against" or something like that, but then the discussion is all the same inside both ("Yes it is"!, "No it isn't"!), so I think if it were up to me, I would "smush" them all together (under Flyers Fan's - since it was first) and toss any new ones that creep up - unless, of course something more valid than blog amateur's speculations shows up - Like "State Department fooled by KOS jpeg"!

I'm a hard ass, though.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
One of each answer, so, I'm going to make the decision

I will be closing all of the threads listed above, and making this the "Official Thread".

After that any more "Certificate" threads that are opened will be closed and directed here, where all things Birthy, Certificatey, and such ilk will be discussed.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I like Hellmutt's idea of "one for" and "one against" or something like that

Actually, it was meant as a joke. I wasn't serious. How can it be a discussion if everyone agrees? And having two separate threads running along each other, one thread for and the other thread against, would be sort of... ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

my thoughts are multiple people opening the same thread are infact the same person posing as different people.

you only need to read the writing to see it.
I say close all of them accept the one with the MOST replies.

but im a mere peasant!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
no [hoax] tag huh

Well, time will tell on this one, maybe closer to election time when Obama drops the bombshell of his phsyical birth certificate, adn this is proven a hoax, ill be able to convince someone to apply the tag

Here's a cheers for that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join