It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Indians: Where do you stand on Creation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I admire American Indians greatly. They got screwed pretty bad here; Sent to reservations and forced to live poorly and shut up about it. I love studying other races and creation beliefs and I wonder if there is a story or tale about creation among the indian chiefs, if any american indians post here i'd love to hear from you. Of course they didn't believe in Jesus or christianity. So do you have a god? I know that Indians are one with nature and all of that, but they do really believe that they came from fish? trees or the earth literally? or is it just a theory. is there one solid scripture or cave drawing that I can study and understand? sorry for all the questions raised. I know that they are very spiritual and believe in the afterlife and shapeshifting, but nothing about where they came from in literature. Discuss.
Jedimiller.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
this should be enough

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
While the wiki page is pretty informative, it doesn't really answer the question of beliefs about the origin of mankind. I'd love to here some first-hand accounts from Native Americans, and if different tribes have different beliefs.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

It would depend on whether or not they live on the reservation, which as I understand most don't. They're just like anyone else you'd meet so I don't expect their views to alter radically just because of the color of their skin or their heredity.

I'm 1/8th Miami on my mother's side, and my cousin is 1/4 (what tribe, I don't know) on his fathers side. He's an Atheist, and I'm most closely in line with Deism. As far as I know, tracing back to our full blooded NA relatives, both were Roman Catholic and neither lived on reservations. So they probably believed in the Christian Genesis account. Insofar as my cousin and myself in regards to creation, we both accept the Big Bang theory as the best possible explanation at the present time.

Sorry, diluted blood is the best I can do from personal experience.

new topics

top topics

join