It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After failure in Florida, S.C. considers 'I Believe' tag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

After failure in Florida, S.C. considers 'I Believe' tag

www.cnn.com

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) -- Unless a federal court intervenes, South Carolina drivers may soon be able to profess their Christian faith with a state-issued license plate.
The state plans to issue plates featuring a Christian cross and the words "I Believe," but a group advocating the separation of church and state says that goes too far.

A similar design had been considered by Florida's lawmakers, but it was rejected there because of concerns over separation of church and state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This is not a good idea... Number one... There are better places to promote religion than on a license plate... Number two.. it makes it look like it is state sponsored...separation of church and state.. Number Three... Never talk religion and politics if you want to keep your friends.. It is just too controversial to put on a tag.. I mean a school or a squaredancing tag is one thing... yes they actually have that in SC.. I might get it as a joke.. too funny.. but this is just too much... The other part that should not be legal is that they will allow other religions to put there symbol but not any words... Double Standard... Plus it makes SC look like a bunch of religious nuts.. which we are not.. or at least everyone I know is not..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ats1629]

join