It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Human society become self-destructive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In today's time of worry and woe, we all know that we humanity has problems.

Big problems.

I'll credit ImaginaryReality1984 for giving me the conviction to make this thread, so if anyone wants to see the thread in which he subverted my mind accidently, You can view it here if you're interested.

Anyway, in that thread they talk about over-population and the nessecity for us to use population control.

I offered a differing viewpoint and was, naturally, derided.

I can see why people would do that, though.

It is my belief that humanity has entered a stage of it's existence where it actually hates itself, and as such we have become entirely self-destructive as a species.

Originally, this thread had the title of "Is human birth still considered a miracle?".

One would think that, from the perspective of those who are angry at humanity's incompetence, that they would think not.

Anger is self-destructive and self-defeating.

Never forget this.

If we become angry at our fellow man for not "doing his bit", then we are only working to make his plight worse.

So how then, do we transcend or awaken from this state of self-hatred?

The solution, although i offer to debate this, is simple;

Remove every last shred of anger and hatred from your mind and soul - never again resort to anger and violence even if justified.

Even the smallest sliver of apathy will colour your perspective.

Once we do this, Humanity as one can begin to move forwards and into the future and space, instead of back into the past and our caves.

This thread was made for the purposes of informing.

It is rare that i consider myself so righteous....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Too make a long story short...i feel a big problem we have in the world today is that the world suffers fom a huge lack of empathy(myself included), it seems like everyone you meet or people you know just don't give a f about anyone anymore...i often wonder what happened to bring about the foul attitudes that it seems everyone suffers fom nowadays

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I disagree, not everyone has a lack of empathy, I certainly don't. I admit I'm alot angrier than I used to be, but for good reason. I guess I'm just p***** at those people in power, as they are all solely responsible for the mess this world is currently in. Most of which is nothing more than conditioning and manipulation. As soon as I stop listening to those condescending, corrupt politicians, by turning off the TV, or simply refusing to read the newspaper, that anger then subsides.
Unfortunately, it doesn't make the problem go away........only a revolution is going to do that.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Humans have always been self destructive, and pretty vile...we used to behead people and post their heads on sticks for all of the public to see. We've done horrible things in the past, the present and will in the future...it's human nature.

top topics

join