It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King Transcript on UFO july 05

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Have been unable to find the vid for the whole show, so i thought i'd link the transcript. BTW...Billy Nye is a moron...at least that's my opinion after reading it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
transcripts.cnn.com...

there is the link sorry

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Also i'd like to point out that after reading, i really get the impression taht Ole Larry King believes in UFO/Aliens which u won't see pretty much ever from any other high profile news show.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Larry King always covers interesting UFO topics. Attached is the youtube video. If it doesn't work follow this link.

youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yes i have seen that link, but i could not find the entire show anywhere on the net as of yet, that is why i posted the transcript. I really like the fact the Larry King seems to defend the UFO guests and what they are saying...really to the point that he seems to be a believer too. I guess that maybe he has seen so much evidence from his shows that he too realizes that there is something to it all. Bill Nye the science guy comes off as a complete ass in this show. He makes himself sound like a complete goon with all the explanations he tries to give, even going to the point of aggravating a former US astronaut, which i found quite funny. Case in point: Anyone who wears a bow tie on a regular basis seems to always get on my nerves...lol

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've found the 'long' version of the video on CNN's website, not sure if it's the whole show because it's 21 minutes long, but all the breaks have been cut.

Anyway here it is.

I've searched for the video everywhere else and couldn't find it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you guys for posting those links. I was out of town and unable to watch it so I will catch up on it today. I like good old Larry. At least he's keeping the subject alive.

Rush

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Bill Nye really gets on my nerves, the guy is a fool, and i suspect he doesn't really care what some people think as long as his face gets on TV.

referring to Bill Nye ......>a skeptic who explains what people thought they saw

Who the hell does Nye think he is? in fact this is typical of the way a lot of skeptics think, they will tell witnesses to their faces that they know better, which is crap, and a lot of skeptics wont allow that to be done to them without crying foul.

Would you let someone tell you what you saw was completely different? even though they were born long after the witnesses saw what they had? to me that is selfish ignorance, Nye's brain cant fathom the idea of Aliens visiting Earth, he comes across as being so insecure with his life, he has to deny deny deny, he tries to convince the already convinced, just for his own peace of mind.

Roswell is very real, with more than enough witnesses and evidence, the biggest mistake the Military did was to offer up Mogul as an explanation, even their evidence shows it to be untrue, they did not try and detect soviet nuclear detonations in 1947, WHY? because the soviets did not produce and test their first nuclear bomb until August 29, 1949. in fact in 1947 they thought the soviets where almost a decade from producing a nuclear explosion, so why a secret project to detect them in 1947 when they knew the soviets did not have the capability?

Then we have the explanation for the ET bodies as being dummies dropped from balloons in high altitude parachute testing, a total lie and a feeble attempt at cover up, those tests did not happen until a decade after the roswell incident, when the Airforce where asked to explain the discrepancies, they said that the witnesses had their times and dates messed up, again its the witnesses who are mistaken, if thats the case why where witnesses talking about it in 1947?

It is the skeptics who are mistaken, and i think the likes of Nye get paid to keep the argument going, dunno how he lives with himself.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Nye's brain cant fathom the idea of Aliens visiting Earth, he comes across as being so insecure with his life, he has to deny deny deny, he tries to convince the already convinced, just for his own peace of mind.

Bill Nye was one of the most infuriating debunkers that I saw on Larry King Live's UFO shows, but I think his brain can fathom the idea of aliens visiting Earth, but I believe he chooses to say the idea is preposterous for some other reason.

Be it that he has Government or private grants and funding and associating himself with UFOs and aliens could jeopardize that, or just the fact that he doesn't want to look like a 'kook' to other mainstream scientists.

Or, and since this is conspiracy forum, he was following someone's agenda to go on the show and debunk and derail the conversation.

Notice that all these debunkers, all the ones I've seen on the Larry King shows, never really addressed the real points, and find ways to call the witnesses liars without actually doing it, through the "oh it was a long time ago" or "people are not good observers" arguments and so on.

But I have no doubt in my mind that these people, can fathom the idea of aliens, and aliens visiting Earth, but for some reason choose not to, which is even sadder.

As Mark Twain put it: A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bill nye makes me sick

on a major network television show you never can have just the believers for the whole 21 minutes. but of course we can have the skeptics for the whole 21 minutes.

at least they didnt bring that other popular skeptic guy who'se overweight and his face has these beedy eyes and he wears glasses, sorry i dont know his name,but that guy makes me sick too

ET's say they dont want to get involved with humanitarian issues. but cant they at least abduct a skeptic every now and then ..sheesh

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
at least they didnt bring that other popular skeptic guy who'se overweight and his face has these beedy eyes and he wears glasses, sorry i dont know his name,but that guy makes me sick too

I believe you are thinking of James McGaha, an 'astronomer'.
Yeah that guy is pretty infuriating as well.

ET's say they dont want to get involved with humanitarian issues. but cant they at least abduct a skeptic every now and then ..sheesh

Oh I'm sure 'skeptics' have been abducted. There are plenty of stories and accounts of people who didn't believe or hadn't given it a single thought before their experience(s).

A lot of people also never come forward, we have to take that into consideration. Perhaps even 'skeptics' who have made public statements regarding the (non) existence or visitation of alien beings, have been abducted, but won't even admit it to themselves or try to rationalize their experiences as something else.

This doesn't matter in the end, as the whole UFO subject will only be resolved with concrete evidence and proof, and not testimony or opinions.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I feel Nye is a bit thick headed to see anyone elses point. Why would so many of these respectible people be lying? The evidence is there, as Nye refuses to see.
But I see his point of wanting to see hard evidence, at least something like a good clear photo... but like someone said, he would probably call it a Hollywood trick or something if he was presented with such.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
it's laughable that people like bill nye and michael shermer and james mcgaha are called skeptics. they're more like deniers. every bit of evidence to these guys is either too good to be true or not good enough. witness testimony? sentence someone to death based on it, but unidentified flying objects? not worth 2 cents. it's one thing to say we can't be sure it's extraterrestrial, but they could at least admit they are real , unidentified, and not "swampgas reflecting the light from venus while combining with a temperature inversion". i dont have much respect for people like that who can't even admit to the possiblity that they are truly unidentified and that we dont know where they came from or what they are. at least be open minded, not to the point your brain leaks out, but listen to these people and treat them with respect. you dont have to automatically believe them, just take their experiences into account..do some research. at least that's what i wish they'd do. i'd hazard a guess and say that at least 75-90 percent of the people who report any kind of ufo encounter dont want or never expect to make even a dime off their experience, and probably half of those never want their identities to be known. i'd like to see any one of those three have a debate on the subject with say dr. michio kaku....would be interesting at least. a lot better than them bashing people and their families, essentially calling them liars politely....that'll be the day.

edit to clarify a point

[edit on 8-7-2008 by optimus primal]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

Thanks for the link. Yeah i don't think it's the whole show but it's better than 5 minutes. Hopefully someone will post it on youtube or somewhere else soon. Unfortunately i missed most of the show because i fell asleep about 5 minutes into it...i didn't catch the first airing and tried to stay up for the rebroadcast but didn't quite make it.

I absolutely agree with what you are all saying about Bill Nye. He is so defiant against these claims that he comes across as looking like a total fool...so much more than any person with whom he's tried to debunk. It's not really that shocking though. Could u imagine if he had said...IT"S ALL TRUE!!. He doesn't have the sack to do that as his career would go down the tubes.

I'd like to see some hard evidence too and who wouldn't???? I just can't fathom the thought of there not being some tiny ounce of truth to it all. There are just so many witnesses too so many different sightings.

I have never seen anything myself. But i rarely stargaze. I mean really think about it....how often does the average person look up at the sky? Almost never......and when they do they are only looking at a tiny fraction of the atmosphere for just a small part of the day/night.

top topics

join