It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Aristide, "I Was Kidnapped and I'm Suing!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
PARIS - Haitian President, Jean-Bertrand Aristide is planning to sue the United Stats and France for kidnapping him and removing him from his elected office. Aristide has repeatedly accused the United States forcing him into exile at gun point.

WashingtonPost.com "The suits will target the Bush administration and the French government," he said. "If we get support from some African states, we will also appeal to the relevant commission of the United Nations." Rumors have been floating in some circles about some dirt related to the ousting of Aristide in Haiti. Now it looks like he's getting ready to fight back. I'm sure this isn't the kind of election-year story the Bushies what to have around. Related ATSNN Stories Aristide Plans Return Caribbean Community wants Probe into Aristide's Departure Aristide Claims Abducted By U.S. [Edited on 8-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
now THIS is complete bullsh*t. the U.S has no interest in Haiti. y would we force him out of office? aristide is just being a huge b*tch just because he was a smacktard president

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
now THIS is complete bullsh*t. the U.S has no interest in Haiti. y would we force him out of office? aristide is just being a huge b*tch just because he was a smacktard president

What do you know SilQ? Huh? I really wanna know what inside information you have that it wasn't the US or France or any other nation for that fact.

Maybe the Boogie man came around his house and kidnapped him.

YOU DONT KNOW!

Dont go saying it wasn', isn't, couldn't of been becasue you dont know if it couldn't of been. It very well could have been and you know it.

Now let me ask you something.

Why would this Aristide say it was the US or France when it wasn't? "because he was a smacktard president"?

great answer.

This is a place to deny ignorance. Not a place to bitch. It could have beent he US and France. It might not have been either.

Your reply was just ridiculous and doesn't add to the topic very well.

But If it was the US or France why would they?
If it wasn't, why would Aristide say that?

Who's got interests in this, in kidnapping the Haitian president?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
how do we know the us doesnt want to "liberate" haiti??

there have been shots fired against us troops over there so it COULD escalate.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All I wanna say is Operation Northwoods, and the Cuban Missle Crisis. Haiti is another key area in the Carribbean, just as Cuba was before. Maybe the USA knows more about Haiti than is known to the public.

All I have to say is just be a skeptic on this one for a few more weeks untill we get a better feel for it, as I have a feeling it might be explosive

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'll actually say that I believe Aristide's claims.
The man said he would die defending Haiti. He never had any intentions of leaving office or he would have done so, when the talks fail and the rebels demanded him out. It is the US & France who took the initiative to remove him from office so that the situation would not further escalate.
Read the links in this thread and see for yourself
Is there a USA/Haiti Conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
He's suing? I hope he takes it to the World Court, so we can have the pleasure of telling them to kiss our (c) again.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Crazyhorse]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's just more Bush/Gansta coruption

Jean-Bertrand Aristide was re-elected president of Haiti in November 2000 with more than 90% of the vote. He was elected by people who approved his courageous dissolution, in 1995, of the armed forces that had long terrorised Haiti and had overthrown his first administration.

According to Reuters, U.S. civil rights leader Jesse Jackson called Aristide's resignation an "American-assisted coup," and U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, a California Democrat, demanded to know where the Haitian leader was being taken one day after he told her "he would rather die than leave." "When I last talked to him (Aristide) yesterday, he was not going to leave. He said he would rather die than leave. And then I wake up this morning and I find out that my government has landed at his home with Marines. How did they get him to leave? What did they do? And where is he?" Waters said in an interview with CNN.

The Bush Administration has arrogantly and illegally embarked on a policy of "regime change" in Afghanistan, Iraq, Haiti and elsewhere. On March 20, the first anniversary of the start of the unprovoked war of aggression against Iraq, people around the world will take to the streets in massive numbers. We will demand: Bring the Troops Home Now and End Occupation from Iraq to Palestine and Everywhere. We will also be marching to oppose the criminal role of the Bush administration in ousting the first democratically elected government in Haiti's history.

rense.com...[/url]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For those interested, here is a link to a 30 minute interview with Aristide on Democracy Now. It is in english but kind of hard to understand. There is also a link to the transcript of the interview on this page...
www.democracynow.org.../03/08/1529222&mode=thread&tid=25

Here is a short exerpt of the interview:

AMY GOODMAN: I am Amy Goodman from the radio/TV program Democracy Now! around the United States. We would like to know why you left Haiti.

PRESIDENT ARISTIDE: Thank you. First of all, I didn't leave Haiti because I wanted to leave Haiti. They forced me to leave Haiti. It was a kidnapping, which they call coup d'etat or [inaudible] ...forced resignation for me. It wasn't a resignation. It was a kidnapping and under the cover of coup d'etat.

AMY GOODMAN: It was a kidnapping under the cover of coup d'etat?

PRESIDENT ARISTIDE: Yes.

AMY GOODMAN: Who forced you out of the country?

PRESIDENT ARISTIDE:I saw U.S. officials with Ambassador Foley.
Mr. Moreno, [inaudible...] at the U.S. Embassy in Haiti I saw American soldiers. I saw former soldiers who are linked to drug dealers like Guy Philippe and to killers already convicted, Chamblain. They all did the kidnapping using Haitian puppets like Guy Philippe, [inaudible], and Chamblain, already convicted, and basically, this night, I didn't see Haitians, I saw Americans.

AMY GOODMAN: So, you say that they kidnapped you from the country. Secretary of State Powell said that that is ridiculous. Donald Rumsfeld said that is nonsense. Your response?

PRESIDENT ARISTIDE: Well, I understand they try to justify what they cannot justify. Their own ambassador, ambassador Foley said we were going to talk to the media, to the press, and I can talk to the Haitian people calling for peace like I did one night before. And unfortunately, once they put me in their car, from my residence, a couple of days later, they put me in their planes full with military, because they already had all of the control of the Haitian airport in Port-au-Prince. And during the night, they surrounded my house, and the National Palace, and we had some of them in the streets. I don't know how many are -- were there. So it's clearly something they planned and they did. Now, if someone wants to justify what I think they cannot justify and that's -- my goal is to tell the truth. This is what now I'm telling you -- the truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sauron

He was elected by people who approved his courageous dissolution, in 1995, of the armed forces that had long terrorised Haiti and had overthrown his first administration.

Did they also approve his courageous method of throwing tires arond the neck of his opponents, and then setting them on fire?

john

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Filmmaker Jonathan Demme has made a couple movies about Haiti. One is brand new and about to be released. It's called "The Agronomist," and is a documentary about Haitian national hero Jean Dominique, the journalist and freedom fighter who owned and operated Haiti's only free radio station. Dominique was assassinated in 2000.

The other movie is a few years old and is a really good, funny, colorful, and poignant documentary called "Haiti: Dreams of Democracy." While watching this film I developed a lot of admiration for the Haitian people, sympathy for their tribuations, and an appreciation for their very unique and interesting culture and history.

With Haiti being in the news we all should request that our public television stations broadcast either of these educational movies.

Demme has directed music videos and movies featuring the Talking Heads, and the movies"Silence of the Lambs", "Something Wild", and "Swimming to Cambodia".

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Kidnaping him is an absurd theory. It would have served the US purposes much better if they would have just allowed the mobs to handle Aristide. They could even have masqueraded as the mob to kill him, if they really wanted him deposed. Look how close they got to him. Besides, why kidnap him and let him live to possibly rule again, if we really wanted him deposed? Makes no sense.

No, the US was performing a humanitarian mission by rescuing Aristide. Now he is whining like the crybaby he is, because he does not want the world to see him as the coward he was, running away. I'll bet his bags were already packed and he was waiting for the marines to get him outta there.

john

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think Haiti might have become ungovernable if the insurgents murdered Aristide. Our news media is currently depicting Aristide as a monster, but I haven't seen much evidence to support this characterization, and Aristide is still popular in Haiti.

The guy that's replaced him is a narcotrafficker.

I suspect the goal here has something to do with the developing relationship between Cuba and Venezuela. Haiti is located directly between them. The US military will now occupy Haiti and intimidate the region. Castro and Chavez are shafting the IMF by forging economic and political cooperation throughout S. America and the Caribbean. This is what our Masters truly fear. The little guys are supposed to play by certain rules formulated by bankers and oilmen in lands far away. They won't allow peons to break their franchise.

I would love to think the US is on a humanitarian mission to bring stability to Haiti, but I'm a bit skeptical about our motives here. We'll have to keep a close eye on the situation and see if anything suspicious happens now. Will the country become a transshipment point for narcotics and weapons used to destabilize the entire region? That's what I fear.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
First of all, I find such literal references as these sickening!!!

Haitian President, Jean-Bertrand Aristide is planning to sue the United States and France for kidnapping him and removing him from his elected office. Aristide has repeatedly accused the United States forcing him into exile at gun point.

"The suits will target the Bush administration and the French government," he said.

I for one, hopefully not the only one at that, find it insulting when others equate "The United States" and "The Bush Administration" as if they are One in the Same. If Jean-Bertrand Aristide plans to sue Bush and other Corrupt Officials within our Government and/or Others, then that is how it should be printed. Using his own words(above quote), he intends to sue The Bush Admin. The Bush Admin. is NOT, NEVER HAS BEEN & NEVER WILL BE, interchangable with 'The United States of America'.

The U.S. didn't Kidnap this man. The U.S. is, 'Of the PEOPLE, By the PEOPLE, For the PEOPLE'. NOT Of/By/For Bush and his Corrupt posse of Demons. I know I had nothing to do with this guys alleged kidnapping and being one of the U.S. PEOPLE, I don't like being accused of such things. As far as Bush is concerned as well as others and their involvement, I can't say. The outcome should also involve 'Just Them' also, not 'The U.S.' Are you all starting to see the point behind what I'm saying here?? Don't get caught up in the clever wording of the media. They are trying to include innocent people into the actions of Criminals, DON'T LET THEM!

While some News Papers and Media Icons try and use suggestive phrases in their reporting, I for one see their B.S. for what it is. I'm sure they would love for me to think of "The U.S." and "Bush Admin" as the same thing. I'm sure they would love for me to call this guy a nutcase or liar, out of patriotic loyalty to my country. However, I see what they are doing, and I am calling them on it. If found Guilty of the Charges, 'The U.S.' and it's PEOPLE should not be punished. Those who are Guilty (BUSH and his Toadies, The Soldiers Physically Responsible, etc.) should be however, but only them.

I'm not saying one way or the other if this guy's claims are valid. This post is about reading between the lines and seeing the Truth behind Tale. I hope everyone understands what I am talking about. If you do understand, I hope you expand on this idea on your own as well, now and in the future. There is always more being told than the words on the News Page are saying. We must all remember to find 'The Truth that is Hidden in Plain View', that is where the real story is found.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think Haiti might have become ungovernable if the insurgents murdered Aristide. Our news media is currently depicting Aristide as a monster, but I haven't seen much evidence to support this characterization, and Aristide is still popular in Haiti.

There are numerous examples of murder and genocide during Aristide's rule. The people there were reduced to eating from garbage dumps while he lived large in his palace. Why do you think so many of them were trying to come to the US?

I suspect the goal here has something to do with the developing relationship between Cuba and Venezuela. Haiti is located directly between them. The US military will now occupy Haiti and intimidate the region. Castro and Chavez are shafting the IMF by forging economic and political cooperation throughout S. America and the Caribbean. This is what our Masters truly fear. The little guys are supposed to play by certain rules formulated by bankers and oilmen in lands far away. They won't allow peons to break their franchise.

What a franchise! Pouring billions of dollars down the drain to countries that have no ability or intention of paying it back!

Castro has shafted his own people for years with his failed comunistic experiment. You need to ask yourself, what type of country makes it a crime to try to leave?

Remember, Aristide was installed by Clinton. There has been plenty of time to occupy and "intimidate" the region, as you say. Why haven't we? Once again, ask yourself, does what you say make sense? Not attacking you, just asking. Don't automatically look at anything and everything the US does as evil, and everything and anything the rest of the world does as noble.

I would love to think the US is on a humanitarian mission to bring stability to Haiti, but I'm a bit skeptical about our motives here. We'll have to keep a close eye on the situation and see if anything suspicious happens now. Will the country become a transshipment point for narcotics and weapons used to destabilize the entire region? That's what I fear.

It already is a "transshipment point" for narcotics.

I would be much more skeptical about Castro's motives. He did point nukes at the US, after all, remember?

Q

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I gotta agree with SilQ's "smacktard" theory.

We saved his scrawny posterior from being lynched by his own starving, PO'ed populace. I think he was expecting the US to bail him out again, and is just doing all this out of spite because we didn't. In his own delusional mind, the US presence was coming to restore the order he himself was unable to because of the state of things he had allowed to come to pass. When we showed up and offered him a way out of there instead, it was a HUGE blow to his ego. Still, he wasn't stupid enough to turn it down. I'm sure he hopped on that plane with a big 'Thankya'. If he wanted to 'die for Haiti', all he had to do was hang around and the whole island would have obliged him--sooner, not later. Now that he's 'out of the fire' so to speak, what better way to stir up revenge than to say that the evil, evil, US forced him to leave? With the world opinion so ignorantly skewed against us right now, surely there'll be lots of people who'd buy it.

For all you takers on that one, I've got a really spiffy bridge in Brooklyn and some prime Louisiana real estate I'd be happy to hook you up with!

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Q]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If he was kidnapped, it was probably for his own good. A moron like that would stand in the middle of the highway staring at the headlights. Idiot.

If that little weasle wants to accuse someone of a coup d'etat, sure, let it be US. If we did kidnap him, we saved his life - probably for the purpose of re-installing him once things cooled off. I mean, those rebels had every intention of KILLING HIM! They were in the process of a COUP D'ETAT themselves.

Aristide is an idiot wrapped in a moron. A poor excuse for a leader. I wouldn't be surprised if the US wanted him in power just because of the fact that he has no spine and would do whatever we told him to. We've had Haiti wrapped around our little finger since the Spanish-American War and before. And the reason that is, is that we've always dictated who was to lead the country. It's always been a wholly neglected subsidiary of the United States and probably will be for the foreseeable future now that we've kidnapped it's "leader".

Aristide is a punk. And a child. And very, very weak. Spineless, conniving, manipulative, shallow, ingenuine FRAUD!

That's all I have to say about that. Censor me, flame me, do what you will. I care not.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed his contemptuous way of dealing with his staff, security, and foreign counterparts. Have you seen his impetuous disdain for the poor people of Haiti, about whom he gives not a rat's @ss?

He is a self bloated sack of worthlessness, and he's about as valuable as a box of hair.

OK, I'm done.

DC

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Many people made many good points that I'd have to agree with.

Using his own words(above quote), he intends to sue The Bush Admin. The Bush Admin. is NOT, NEVER HAS BEEN & NEVER WILL BE, interchangable with 'The United States of America'.

The U.S. didn't Kidnap this man. The U.S. is, 'Of the PEOPLE, By the PEOPLE, For the PEOPLE'. NOT Of/By/For Bush and his Corrupt posse of Demons. I know I had nothing to do with this guys alleged kidnapping and being one of the U.S. PEOPLE, I don't like being accused of such things

Very good point. Could they have done something? It's possible, and as somebody already said, Haiti does have American interests because of it's relativly closeness to us (like Cuba etc). The Govt doesn't want terrorists to come in during Haiti's 'revolution' and setting up shop. However, I also believe that this guy is a coward, who now after leaving, is making these comments to please his followers as to why he abandoned them. It's two-fold, if you will.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Aristide Urges Peaceful Resistance to US 'Occupation' of Haiti
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Ousted Haitian leader Jean-Bertrand Aristide appealed from exile in Africa Monday for peaceful resistance to what he called the "occupation" of Haiti and repeated a claim he was kidnapped by U.S. forces.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join