It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diminishing Quality: An Open Letter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Hey. I looked through your thread but some statements like the following stood out to me:

If you do not agree with me, do not believe anything I have posted, or do not like Satanism then leave.

Underlined for emphasis.

And:

If you do not agree nor approve nor wish to learn then please feel free to leave.

Underlined for emphasis.

The thread entitled Those who don't agree need not apply might help you to see where the other members were coming from.

This one stood out to me, too:

I would like to keep this an informative thread on LaVeyan Satanism.

I point that out because you made similar statements several times in this thread and the thread in question but we are told in THIS thread:

This is not the forum for discussing religious views (or "bringing the truth" to people.) The specific focus here is conspiracies in religion.

So I am not at all surprised to see members bringing in a conspiracy angle even when you ask them not to. Perhaps you should have posted your thread in the BTS Faith Forum or the ATS Deconstructing Disinformation Forum? If you don't allow dissenting views even much to your chagrin, it will take on a 'preaching' feel to it even if your intentions are pure.

And of course don't forget this statement at the top of every thread in the CIR forum:

Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Please don't think I am harping on your at all whatsoever. Just trying to show you how it works and where the people disagreeing on your thread are coming from. I think I figured out the member you were referring to but they really were doing nothing wrong according to the T&C's and discussion guidelines so I have to be honest and say your grievance is unfounded in this matter.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join