It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has changed, timeline?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yesterday I didn't notice it, due perhaps the day being overloaded, with hours of chauffeuring having just arrived on holiday with relatives. But this thread is wonderful. So many are feeling the same thing. For some reason I thought I was alone in this. Perhaps on a small level something changed in me yesterday. Up until then many emergency scenarios played out in my mind, and I spent a lot of time praying and meditating and visualizing a better scenario for our planet, a kind of pleiadian/Norway type evolution for our nations. I won't be stopping my meditation/prayer/visualization, but yesterday evening I felt like there were more solutions available, and I started to feel like soon I was going to be diving into my artwork again, and feeling more creative.

Edit to add, I noticed the dates, and I havn't felt that strongly any time during these last few days, but I have felt strongly something has changed recently. This past year there has been several significant occasions, and in one I questioned my 12 year old. He just didn't seem quite like himself. I remained uneasy for days following what felt like a shift.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That feeling of slipping away in your sleep, like falling and about to die....I think it is a symptom of your anxiety. I used to get that too, when I used to suffer badly of anxiety. It is a very scary feeling and keeps you from sleeping because it is such a scary feeling. Only thing I can say that I used to do is decide to just go with the feeling and not fight it. It scared me to do this, but staying await and fighting it was too painful. And it worked. I never took anxiety meds, suffered bad for 10 years, but got my life in order, talked outloud to myself of what could possibly be bothering me during the worst episodes and got mad sometimes, don't hold it in, it helps. Sorry so off topic.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I have had many such feelings.

One day I woke up to a world in which Nelson Mandela was very much alive and walking out of the prison.

I remember vividly his execution in South Africa -- so was it simply a bad dream. I don't think so, because I have met two other people who have very similar recollections of events and were likewise startled to see Mandela alive and well and walking into freedom.

So u dreamed Mandela was executed? I don't understand your point or the fact that u remember something that hasn't happened, or am I reading something wrong?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes indeed.This feeling of being "out of step" or something is missing is driving me nuts.Its really hard to explain.Lately is been like "I don't belong here."It could be that my wanting for "change" so badly has effected me more than I realize.I'm not just feeling right for some reason.It's almost like someone threw a blanket over everything then pulled it off really fast resulting in things being moved slightly if that makes any sense.I thought it was just me now I'm very happy that its not just me.This sudden interest in the past few years in the subject of time and space quantum physics and sacred geometry is kinda weird as well.I was never a very good math student but I seem to understand that stuff.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

I think what this person is trying to say is that at first they thought that it was a dream Mandella had been executed. However, they soon realized that other people recalled the same event or at least the fact that Mandella was dead, but instead turned up alive.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by DocEmrick]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

With all due respect, and this goes for the OP too, HOW does it feel when timelines split?!? Come on. When one describes a feeling (a clearly subjective but real event) one can make a reference to another feeling or event that took place in your live AND that is shared with most people, so we KNOW what we are talking.

Exactly: if somebody has NOT experienced the feeling we're discussing here, there are no reference points.

Does that mean that a person describing this is either ignorant or lacking in introspection or just plain lying?

I don't think so. Certainly not necessarily.

Let me ask YOU, how do you know that your "timeline" is proceeding uneventfully?

I am guessing here, but I suppose the most common answer (besides a "whachamean?"
) would be: because I perceive no rifts of any kind in my individual time continuum.

Well, as this thread proves (not that I think all of the experiences recounted here are of the same nature), there are occasions when a person is struck by a sudden sense of dissociation from what APPEAR to be his/her memories of, say, yesterday. It feels as if something were "wrong" with our individual timeline continuum. You feel like those memories are, in a strange way, false. Un-real.

And it has nothing to do with mind-altering substances, or a mental disease, or stress.

But, as you well said it, a person without reference points from personal experience - and perhaps prone to dismissing beforehand any experience alien to him/her (I am speaking generally here) - is going to have a hard time understanding what it's all about.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
...like someone threw a blanket over everything then pulled it off really fast resulting in things being moved slightly if that makes any sense.I thought it was just me now I'm very happy that its not just me.This sudden interest in the past few years in the subject of time and space quantum physics and sacred geometry is kinda weird as well.I was never a very good math student but I seem to understand that stuff.
[edit on 8-7-2008 by Tricky63]

That pretty much sums it up for me as well, I love the blanket analogy. That's basically exactly what it seems has happened. Also, very interesting you mention quantum physics. I suddenly garnered an interest in this subject around 2005. I'm HORRIBLE with math, yet I still have a hand on what seems to be a basic knowledge of the subject. My interest in quantum physics is actually how I found ATS in September of 05.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Truly something might be amuck- As unrelated as it seems, I will briefly share my experiences of the past two nights. Sunday night I had the absolute most vivid and elaborate dream I have ever had in my entire life- very briefly, and without detail, I was on some sort of mothership, or moonbase, being led around by a mysterious "friend" being introduced to all sorts of light green and light blue skinned individuals, I went to some sort of bar/restaurant in there, I played a very cool antigrav ballgame I recall being called madball(?) the overwhelming feeling that has stuck with me was the understanding, and peacefulness, and community despite not knowing one another that I felt there- I woke up honestly not knowing whether or not it was real. The very next night, last night, I had, again one of the absolute most vivid and potent dreams of my entire existence- except this time it was NOT benign. I was in some sort of "hospital" with corridors and many lost people wandering around, clearly out of place- this is where it gets really bad- There were HORRIBLE UNSPEAKABLE experiments being done on people that are making me cry just to think about right now, people were in these capsules being shaken until they melted, and even more despicable things I cant mention- elevators were very prevalent- I managed to escape to a wakened state and I have not felt right since, I apologise for the lengthy post- but I simply have never before felt so strangely in my life, Im almost afraid to go to sleep, because it went from the best dream of my life one night, to the most horrible the next, with no noticeable change in my daytime activities. If anyone could help me to understand or interpret what this may mean?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The people talking about the "alive again" phenomenon (a famous person is thought to have died, only to reappear as alive "again"), might want to check a thread called "The strangest thing on the web" or something like that.
(Sorry, I am in no position to dig it out right now. But you can find it if you search through my posts/threads.)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've been feeling the sensation of time speeding up and overlapping on itself since May. I feel like I "woke up" and have been rediscovering the world without preconceptions. It's amazing what you start to notice when your mind isn't trapped inside a little box with just a few holes to peek out of. I'm not talking about seeing things out of the ordinary, but just noticing things that were already there. Synchronicities and patterns are all around us all the time. We just usually don't notice them.

But even before that I had a different yet strange experience. One night I just didn't quite feel like myself. I looked in the mirror and while I still looked the same, I perceived myself differently. I still had all my memories from this life, but I wasn't sure if it was really my life. That's just the feeling I got. Maybe this timeline collapse stuff is happening, and I "absorbed" my "self" from another timeline, kinda like that movie "The One" with Jet Li.

What's more, it feels like nearly every post I read on ATS has already been posted before, even though when I look at the timestamp it's brand new. At this point it doesn't even surprise me anymore. This has been happening for the past couple months and I'm starting to get used to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share what my familly and I have been experiencing for the last ten years.

I'll first tell you that a few years ago, we had to advance every clock in the house of 15 minutes every 3 months. Wether it was the tv, video, clock on the wall or watches, mechanical or electronic, it made no difference.
While all that happened, I noticed 3 shifts in the continuum, from my point of view. I know of no one else knowing of this.

The two first "cases" concerns actors from Hollywood. Why them? I still wonder...
Let's begin with the first one, Brian Dennehy. In "my" timeline, he died about eight years ago and I watched the Oscars that year to see him receive a commemorative Oscar for his life's work. Then 3 years later, there he was in the news paper, having been chosen for a role in a movie. ( I remember him mostly from Cocoon... )
The other actor, Leonard Nimoy, died a few years ago. Ther was many documentaries on the man, constantly repeating how he came to "dispise" his role of Spock, from Star Trek. Last year, a few months ago, I was surprised to see he was to take back his role as Spock in the upcoming Star Trek movie... That news was also in the news paper.
Last "case". A few years ago, I was watching a canadian documentary about a possible fossile find on a river bank. We saw how archeologists removed "dirt" from around the "candidate". When they turned it, it was a simple rock. You can imagine the deception... Well, having missed the middle half of the show when it first aired, I decided to watch it in whole when it was again presented the following year. All I had seen was the same until they turned the rock only to find... a fossil! You can imagine their Joy. From there, we saw the (big) fossile being lifted up by helicopter to a flat bed on a nearby dirt road.

Now, I believe that these changes are made to "correct" the timeline in favor of whoever controls time travel. I can think of no other reasons. A bit like Asimov's stories about The Foundation where psychohistory is a science that predicts what will happen if this or that happens, and make the necessary corrections when it is the "right time" to do so...
In 1999, when there was a special about the opening of the tomb of an old egyptian God, we were shown hieroglyphs in Abydos ( if memory serves well ) of an helicopter, raptor like, and I began to wonder if, in a desire to fight the Anunakis, some modern technology wasn't sent in the past... You know, add 2000 years of developpment to our technology and we won't even begin to guess what it might become... Maybe that is why, in the movie Nostradamus ( with Tcheky Karyo ) some one, triyng to recrute Nostradamus in his secret society, tells him that DaVinci is " ... a brother who copies for us old technological plans, making false ones for the church so it only seems like research that leads nowhere... ) It was essentially something like that...

That's it for now.

See you again soon,

Eric

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have felt the same feeling you guys describe for the past year or so. Just a strong foreboding feeling. I had so much of a feeling that I had to move. I felt like I had a choice, I could move to the mountains in the middle of no-where and stake it out or go and have fun while everything is still somewhat functioning. I decided the latter as I believed I could just move back the second something happened. But even after moving half-way around the world I still have this feeling and witness it in others as well. It's scary because you can't escape it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i confirm that time seems to behave differently. eminently noticeable since a few days in lucid mind states, i suppose. best regards.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As a kid I can clearly remember reading in the news paper that the Russians landed on the moon. and I vividly remember my dad telling me, "yeah, they landed on the moon, but we put our flag there first."

anyone else remember the Russians landing on the moon?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, that's interesting, DocEmrick. I've always heard people say how when you get older, time goes faster and I think there might be something to time changing.

I think even the Bible might elude to time changing. If you take the literal creation of the world at 6 days, maybe the days were just longer then. I have heard some preachers give some scientific evidence to this (sorry, I'm just not science minded enough to tell you what it is).

Also, the bible mentions in Revelation that if the "days were not shortened", no flesh would survive the tribulation, so maybe time really is getting shorter.

As far as it changing time lines though - not sure about that. I just know things seem different or out of place - or maybe it is me that feels out of place.

Oh well, still trusting Jesus for the answers and direction!! PTL!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Great thread, I definitely feel that something has changed (at least for myself) in the past months, but that could just be my perception of things.

I may be a bit too young to remember Mandela, but I could have sworn that David Suzuki had died early 08/late 07.

I can even remember the Toronto Star front page spread, with a near-silhouette image of him in front of an eclipsed sun.

When I saw him on a tv commercial, I was a bit shocked, but I simply assumed that I had a dream in which he died. But when I said to my fiancee, "You know, I thought he was dead!" she replied that she had thought the same thing too, and remembered watching a Global news feature about it.

Now, if she and I both remember the same event occurring, with memories of 2 different reports in differing mediums, does that mean the event did occur? Or did we dream the exact same thing, but chose to recall different elements of the dream?

I think it was a timeline shift, much like the "collapsed worlds" theory that was posted a few pages back.

btw, a funny and entertaining read on timeline shifts is Robert A. Heinlein's "J.O.B." - anyone ever read it?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I had an extremely angry spell yesterday afternoon as well. Also, I've had an odd buzzing in my left ear for the last few weeks. I've never had it last this long before. Couple that with the fact that this last week I've had the WORST case of vertigo and I don't know what to think.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I've had this same feeling before after waking up as well, but chalked it up to just a bad dream....but now I'm not so sure. It's just a really uneasy feeling. :\

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wow, like wow.

this is strange, i had a feeling also over the weekend(sunday morning).
i have no idea if its connected to the same thing as everyone else, but it's strange i should feel 'something' within the same window.

the feeling was a feeling of something new and i felt different. i have been feeling tired and drained for years, like a old man living in a young body(no offense to old men or any older persons posting here, its the only way i can describe it, i don't even know what it feels like when you get older).

but on sunday morning i woke up feeling refreshed and new, with a sense that something had changed, i felt a distinct change in the world and in myself and i have to say it really felt like it was for the better.

during the night i had lots of vivid dreams to, going from one dream to another, i remember parts of at least 4 dreams, but none of them were significant enough to share with you, they were normal enough.

i originally put my feelings down to this and even mentioned it to my girlfriend, i told her about my dreams and how i woke up feeling different and as though i'd been clensed and something felt different. i then see this story appear on ATS a few days later where everyone is saying they got a feeling around sat/sun, and now im wondering if my feelings were the same thing and it had nothing to do with my dreams.

who knows, but its very strange.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was looking throug MIDI files on my computer many years ago and saw that I had several by Ace of Base. My brother was in the room with me and was hanging out and I told him about the Ace of Base midis, I was suprised that I had. I wondered why I had them. He told me that they used to be my favorite band. I never remember liking them (I have a really good memory). I was suprised and just chalked it up to weirdness.

A year or two later, I was going through MIDIs again with my brother and brought up that event, just to remark on how strange it was that he said Ace of Base was my fav. band, but I don't remember liking them. He gave me a weird look and said that he never told me that. We got into a big argument about it. We both have good memories. He swears he never told me that and I have the memory of it. It was like time changed.

This has happened like two or 3 other times with him. of course I forget some things and he does too, but these few "timeline changed" events, we both have very strong opposing opinions - and it feels different, I'll remember he said somethign to me and he'll say that he never told me that. It's not like we're tryign to remember what happened. It's things I accept as fact, like watching a graduation ceremnoy, only to be told by someone that that ceremony happend in another location, not where I saw it.

It's always brought up when I say "remember that time..." and am just tryign to relive old memories, never thinking that we would get int oan argument about them.

Finally, I have experienced this with music. Like a Tool song or Rage Arainst the Machine song I'm probably heard 1 million times since I was 13, I'll hear the song and all of a sudden there is a part that is different than what I remember.

It's a song I have completely memorized and can play back in my head at will. (I'm a musician). But one time it will "change", there will be a new part and the song fro mthat point on is slightly different. And from then on, the song is the new way.

I've been gettign into my spiritual development recently and am recovering from alot of negative stuff from my youth. I have been since about 2006. And this year, 2008, feels different than the last few years, it feels alive almost, like lots of changes are gonna happen and I'm finally gettign my spiritual health back to "normal" and am going to start growing.

(you have to recover before you can grow)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join