It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens never visited Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
WOW if all it takes is one scientist to finally end all the speculation, then i say, i am a scientist, all be it retired, and im sure i could come up with several dozen other scientists who i used to work with who will announce to the world, that ET is indeed real, and have visited earth for many many many thousands of years.

There ya go all sorted.

Ohh wait !! do Geologists count? just what kind of individual scientists can be trusted to make these statements? Usually a Mad type who just joined a bunny with a crocodile, with the DNA of a giraffe.

I fear some people believe they are above their position in life, and think the world moves around their sorry ass......... too sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Promecus
I hate to tell you this, but it's not a good idea to lump everyone into a generalized group like that. Especially in a thread like this.

You do realize the irony, don't you?

Besides, I wasn't generalizing. I was addressing one person (or rather a type of thinking among certain people) specifically.

And I quote
"Yes, because everyone who disagrees with the UFO believers is either a mindless, idiotic sheeple or a plant from the powers-that-be to try lead everyone astray"

Personally, I believe it would be arrogant and condescending to believe that extraterrestrial life DIDN'T exist. As if intelligent life could only exist on Earth?!?!

And I think it is arrogant to believe someone would spend the time and resources and risk coming here just for us or something on our planet. And Earth possessing the only intelligent life could be true, for all we know; there is equal possibility. But that is not what the good doctor said; he said he does not believe that aliens are visiting the planet. You are confusing the disbelief in extraterrestrial visitation with a disbelief in extraterrestrials.

That depends on at least factors.
1) Perhaps it was worth the resources and risk because it either a) didn't take much of either or b) they were desperate enough for what is here.
2) They were here several times already and have a vested interest.

Considering the number of planets out there, life HAS to exist on other planets.

No, it doesn't "HAVE" to exist. There is no law stating that life may develop anywhere. The probability and possibility that we are alone is equal to the possibility and probability that we are not alone.

Oh? I'm very sorry to disagree with you on that one.
en.wikipedia.org...

Again, please read a book or something.

And even if intelligent life did develop elsewhere and then developed a means for relatively practical extra-solar travel, the possibility of them finding us is still very remote. There are perhaps 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. It would be akin to looking for one particular grain of sand on all of the world's beachs, combined.

Not at all. It is very possible that our actions here could have sent several forms of radiation into the universe that other life forms can pick up on. And, did you forget about that probe we launched way-back-when that was broadcasting a friendly greeting? I want to say it was called Voyager....but I can't really remember now. My bad.

Besides, if they have the tech to bring themselves all the way here who knows what else they can do. Perhaps finding life on distant planets, to them, is like falling off a log.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Promecus]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Snippet from blogsource:

But, according to a report in an unknown blog, Argentus, a hide-behind internet entity, from a dank and furtive corner of a site called ATS, said Sunday afternoon at 4:17 GMT, that he believes it unlikely that Dr Christian Kaiser from the School of Physics and Astronomy exists.

"Throughout the fabric of my studies, one theme seems to resonate true time and time again," said Argentus on a once-viewed thread, "that is that my experiments in anti-strangelet right-spin quarks indicates that it's almost impossible that Dr. Christian Kaiser is a verifiable particle." "However," he went on to add, gesturing with his ever-present pipe, "the possibility of the Anti-Kaiser particle is looking entirely probable. "

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You cannot prove a negative and anyone with half a brain cell knows you can't prove aliens have not visited earth.

The closest you get to proof is the fact that with so many people involved over so many decades, no-one has yet presented any proof that they have visited Earth. Whilst the probability based on our current knowledge of the universe is also that there have been no visitation at least within recent geological time.

The fact that most supposed aliens turn out to be remarkably human looking with very similar biologies and chemistries and are rather well suited to exactly the same atmosphere and gravity of earth, is very strong (many would say highly conclusive) circumstantial evidence that such aliens are not aliens.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out that we seem to have found life on Mars. Even though the martian environment doesn't seem very hospitable to us. This goes back to another point that I made about how life adapts to its environment (H2O2-H20 ... not H20 )

www.physorg.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

This brings us back to the idea that if life does exist on other planets then it is possible that it has been around for billions of years. Thus again going to the idea that it could potentially travel to Earth using means that would seem SciFi to us, but totally possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
SaviorComplex,

You are in a pitiable state, brainwashed I must say. You had to attack forum members to defend that poor scientist, who knows absolutely nothing beyond what the textbook taught him.

Ok if you are mesmerized by the word 'scientist' so much, I'll show a brief glimpse of what the REAL scientists think. The keyword is - open-minded

Listen how he uses the words 'arrogant and condescending'...

And for those who want to know what a type-III civilization is -
en.wikipedia.org...

Somebody go and tell that planted scientist please.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrainThe keyword is - open-minded

If ''open minded'' is the key word then you have to consider the possibilty that what this scientist says is correct, otherwise it's you who is not being open minded.

You also said to Savior ''You are in a pitiable state, brainwashed I must say'' and then in the same post mention how the ''real'' scientist (real?) knows about arrogance and what is is to be condescending? Don't you think calling someone pitiable and brainwashed is arrogant and condescending?

This scientist stated his opinion, nothing more, yet there are people here who are acting like he should be burned at the stake for his belief. There's a new form of discrimination in town, it's called being ''sceptist'', or 'skeptist' for the American chappies, who insist on spelling it wrong of course

Lots of sceptism here I tell you, should be a law against it

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Corum

That is part of the problem, actually. A scientist should not publish 'opinion' he/she should only publish empirical data. There is a large amount of photo/video evidence as well as several eye witness testimonies that support the existence of ETs on planet Earth. Plus, there are several ancient artifacts and works of art which depict alien forms and strange flying objects.

Mr. PhD didn't offer anything but his own conjectures about the improbability of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth. Science is a discipline which uses not only theory but tests which prove fact. The over whelming evidence presented to us through the ocean of time is very difficult to ignore much less disprove.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ATT: MODS. Please DO NOT shut down the alien forum just yet....it seems I was a little hasty in my judgment!!

I just had a look at his webpage
How good is this for his credibility….

I'm mainly interested in theoretical astrophysics. I do touch data and I spend a lot of time trying to make sense of observations, but I usually don't make observations myself. Which means I get to sleep at night.
You could say I'm modelling data and that wouldn't be too far off. I do this together with my Postdoc Georgi Pavlovski as well as my PhD students Katrine Rogers, Omar Jamil, Yang Wang, Ilja Klees and Anna Kapinska. I maintain a research webpage, but brief, less technical descriptions are given here.

So he is “mainly interested in theoretical astrophysics” yet he does not entertain the “theory” that life might exist elsewhere?

[edit on 7/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This scientist is speaking blindly. He has no proof that we have never been visited nor does he have proof that we have been visited. Skeptical. Therefore what he speaks is not a scientific fact, it can not be a scientific fact because we know so little about our universe. Heck, we know so little about our own back yard.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

It was also said in the late 1800's that man will never be able to fly or in the early 1800's when they said that you could travel faster than 20 miles an hour or you will die. Scientist will always something foolish but the problem is that the media hipes it up while the real news get little attention if any at all. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You might enjoy watching this video video.google.com...

It makes the claim that " UFO's " are nothing more then top secret crafts which use disinformation to cause mass deception of the public . The reason ? So that at some time in our future they can use UFO's / disclosure as a tool to manipulate the public .
Whatever you may think UFO's are I am sure you will find the video to be of interest .

Just wondering if any of you have ever seen a scale model of our solar system ?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow this guy is making a lot of assumptions, surprising from a professor of physics. He assumes only earth size planets could harbor life, i think he is assuming faster than light travel is not possible just because we cant find a way of doing it yet, and besides this is just an opinion i doubt he has put much study into the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am not sure this man makes the claim that life doesn't exist in our universe , is he not simply saying that he thinks it unlikely that alien life has actually made it to our planet ?
I am also lead to believe that he is basing this assumption on his understanding of physics and the data presented thus far of possible life friendly planets in our solar system's proximity .

Do I agree with his claim ? I can't say that I do . To me , not that it matters , I believe that based on all ancient texts of our known history it is clear that something happened in our very distant past , whether or not is was aliens , god , or what have you , I do think that there was something .

Just wanted to point this out because it seems the course of this thread has become a debate on wether or not life exists on other worlds and not discussion as to if they have ever visited earth .

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Quite right! It is usually a bad habit to make to assume if one does not believe aliens have visited us that they believe aliens do not exist. Instead of

So he is “mainly interested in theoretical astrophysics” yet he does not entertain the “theory” that life might exist elsewhere?

I should have said

So he is “mainly interested in theoretical astrophysics” yet he does not entertain the “theory” that life existing elsewhere might have the technology to travel here?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Quite right! It is usually a bad habit to make to assume if one does not believe aliens have visited us that they believe aliens do not exist. Instead of

I should have said

So he is “mainly interested in theoretical astrophysics” yet he does not entertain the “theory” that life existing elsewhere might have the technology to travel here?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

The word " might " is a very big word that can be applied to just about any situation to make the unproven , provable , sure anything " might " be possible given the right circumstance .

But having said that I hope that I am not coming across to be at heads with you because I would say that for the most part I agree with you , as stated earlier , I do believe that it very likely that earth has been visited by something , but I can also understand how someone , looking at facts as they see them , that they could be lead to believe threw there interpretation of given facts that they might find it hard to believe that we have been visited .

Also want to add I agree that he should not be making a claim as strongly as he did , on the existence of life in the universe . That statement is a much bigger claim then simply saying that he thinks it unlikely that we have even been visited .The hole point to science is to see what " might " be possible , then run off to there calculator to either prove or disprove there theory .

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

But having said that I hope that I am not coming across to be at heads with you

Not at all.

I made the adjustment as you were absolutely right in what you said earlier.

My point and I think the point of others is the fact that this Dr. seems to have completely dismissed the possiblity of previous or future visits.
I personally am on the fence in regards to alien visitation but feel it is bordering on arrogance to write it off completely.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Great reply. That scientist is "beep"

That's so ridiculous. His laboratory must be in his toilet bowl.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I agree with you 100 %

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join