It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Aliens never visited Earth

page: 1
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Aliens never visited Earth


timesofindia.indiatimes.com

LONDON: A leading scientist has dismissed suggestions that the human race has ever been visited by aliens from outer space.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I guess this settles it! We may as well shut down the UFO/Alien forum and Skunk works for that matter. If we cannot trust our elite scientists who can we trust? Our politicians?

Dr. Kaiser then states....

There has been breathtaking progress in finding planets. The proof of life on another planet would be a huge scientific discovery and would also severely challenge our social, political and religious thinking


This is a bit of a mixed message to me and also answers why any such discovery has not/will not be made public.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yep. Case closed. One guy's opinion on the matter and that's it. Final answer. Just because he's a scientist doesn't mean he is exempt from providing proof of his claims.


[edit on 7/6/2008 by Mad_Hatter]



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You cannot be serious.
One man does not speak for the whole world..
He has no proof of Aliens not visiting earth if he did im pretty sure this would be on CNN.. Not some skunk website..



posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why do people continue to take scientists opinions? They're only supposed to be quoted in their research, their opinions are no more valid than the rest of us.
Granted, on average they will be more intellectual in their opinions, but the whole point in trusting a scientist is that it's his RESEARCH your trusting, not his thoughts.

Thats like deciding that raspberries really do taste better than strawberries... why? Because a French chef said so.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This " scientist " might want to change his major and study his own ancient Indian culture.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It is quite an odd statement to make considering that even the Vatican now says it is OK to believe it.
I am tempted to send him a link to ATS (possibly to this thread) and see how he fares.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   


"However, the distances between stars in our galaxy are enormous. Therefore, there is no way that life forms from another planet, if such exist, could have already visited us on Earth.


Hehe this guy gave me a good laugh on the Monday morning. Consider that this is a "leading scientist" and he basicly says: Well if we humans can't travel huge distances through space then nobody can.

This is arrogance in it's purest form and it is also ignorance in it's purest form. People like this "leading scientist" are the cause that we are not advancing in alot of fields. This guy is so caught up in his own narrowminded beliefs that he wouldn't wake up until an alien lands in his yard and asks directions to the nearest spacestation.


This is for mister "leading scientist" to consider. What if UFOs don't travel by conventional means like us primitives do? What if they could bend space and time? Yes mister "leading scientist", if this is the case then the distance between stars doesn't matter.

Far fetched my scientific friend? Maybe not...

Einstein was right, space and time bend

I think you should read more about the work of your colleagues, but you are probably to busy contributing to narrowminded articles.





[edit on 7/7/08 by Fastwalker81]



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
just another perfect example of "what kind of scientist"?

Is he an "alien scientist"


Also a good example of why you cant ever take anything seriously that comes from the mouth of a guy who says "Hey, im a scientist!!!!"



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My favorite part is how this moron bases his ideas on the distance of planets, as if Aliens could only come from this physical dimension.


This alone goes to show how narrow of a perspective this guy has.

Next..



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I kind of agree with this Dr. However his opinion (not to mention mine) is not a proof or a sufficient reason to openly dismiss other people views on the subject. The same with "alien" proponents though. For my short stay on ATS i saw dozens thread that "100% proved alien existence".
Everyone should make his own opinion on this matter because science or philosophy (or more exotic expressions of human intelligence) cannot say anything conclusive so far on this matter.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
just another perfect example of "what kind of scientist"?

Is he an "alien scientist"


Also a good example of why you cant ever take anything seriously that comes from the mouth of a guy who says "Hey, im a scientist!!!!"


ha! Maybe he's a really bad undercover alien.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81


"However, the distances between stars in our galaxy are enormous. Therefore, there is no way that life forms from another planet, if such exist, could have already visited us on Earth.


Hehe this guy gave me a good laugh on the Monday morning. Consider that this is a "leading scientist" and he basicly says: Well if we humans can't travel huge distances through space then nobody can.


LoLs

Yes exactly. I was going to quote the same para as you did. Looks like a typical narrow minded scientist's routine dull talk. Sun goes round the earth and no machine can fly types.

It started here: (guess which country he is from
)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So IMO (ahem), this is a 'planted' statement to desensitize UK public and provide them a little 'comfort' in usual way. Sheeple shall bow and follow as soon as they hear the words 'A leading scientist'.
It must be true.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   


"Until recently, most detected planets have masses much larger than that of Earth, but new discoveries push that limit down to only a few Earth masses. Planets comparable to Earth should have solid surfaces and may harbour life," he added


Again going back to how narrow minded this guy is. Who the heck ever said that a planet HAD to be the same size as Earth? Perhaps a larger planet (with gravity greater than Earth) would develop life that crawled on its belly? -Like lizards do. And who is to say that a life form wouldn't develop super strong legs for walking on such a planet?

Life is great at adapting to its environment. To say that another planet has to be exactly like Earth is like saying all people HAVE to think alike.

And let me also point out that we probably haven't even discovered 0.00000001% of the planet in our galaxy. The number of planets out there must be mind-boggling! So, to base his opinion on this matter is just silly.
----
On a side note, we are using satellites to detect methane gas in the atmosphere of distant planets, which is an indication that life might exist on that planet.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
My favorite part is how this moron...


A moron? You may not agree with him, but that hardly makes him a moron. He holds a PhD. How are you doing on getting your doctorate?


Originally posted by Quazga
...bases his ideas on the distance of planets, as if Aliens could only come from this physical dimension.


Then wouldn't that make him right? He says aliens could not have visited us from another planet. If tomorrow a UFO lands on the White House lawn and we find out they are from Dimension 12-Alpha-X, the good Dr. Kaiser would still be right.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
So IMO (ahem), this is a 'planted' statement to desensitize UK public and provide them a little 'comfort' in usual way. Sheeple shall bow and follow as soon as they hear the words 'A leading scientist'.
It must be true.


Yes, because everyone who disagrees with the UFO believers is either a mindless, idiotic sheeple, or a plant from the powers-that-be to try lead everyone astray.

How arrogant and condescending can you be?



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
So IMO (ahem), this is a 'planted' statement to desensitize UK public and provide them a little 'comfort' in usual way. Sheeple shall bow and follow as soon as they hear the words 'A leading scientist'.
It must be true.


Yes, because everyone who disagrees with the UFO believers is either a mindless, idiotic sheeple, or a plant from the powers-that-be to try lead everyone astray.

How arrogant and condescending can you be?


I hate to tell you this, but it's not a good idea to lump everyone into a generalized group like that. Especially in a thread like this.


Personally, I believe it would be arrogant and condescending to believe that extraterrestrial life DIDN'T exist. As if intelligent life could only exist on Earth?!?!


Considering the number of planets out there, life HAS to exist on other planets. Some of that life may have been in existence for billions of years. In that amount of time, I have very little doubt that those life forms could have created technology which could very easily bring them to Earth within their life times.


[edit on 7-7-2008 by Promecus]



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Promecus
And who is to say that a life form wouldn't develop super strong legs for walking on such a planet?


Well, considering that planets like Jupiter or Saturn are composed of gas and do not have a solid surface, any life on them wouldn't be doing much walking. But I digress...


Originally posted by Promecus
Life is great at adapting to its environment. To say that another planet has to be exactly like Earth is like saying all people HAVE to think alike.


No, it's not. It's calling narrowing your search and making a logical conclusion. (And by-the-by, he isn't saying a planet has to be exactly like Earth, just Earth-like, which means a terrestrial planet).

In our home environment (being our entire solar-system) we do not see evidence of life developing on the gas-giants, or having the proper conditions for life-as-we-know-it. In our own enviroment, only the terrestrial planets are, or may have once been, hospitable to life-as-we-know-it. Because of what we know about our own solar-system, and about how life developed here, it does not make much sense to search for life on Jovian or Super-Jovian worlds; even if life did develop on those worlds, we may have trouble recognizing it for what it is. It makes much more sense to narrow our search to Earth-like worlds, where conditions may be more hospitable and more readily recognizable.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Promecus
I hate to tell you this, but it's not a good idea to lump everyone into a generalized group like that. Especially in a thread like this.



You do realize the irony, don't you?

Besides, I wasn't generalizing. I was addressing one person (or rather a type of thinking among certain people) specifically.


Originally posted by Promecus
Personally, I believe it would be arrogant and condescending to believe that extraterrestrial life DIDN'T exist. As if intelligent life could only exist on Earth?!?!


And I think it is arrogant to believe someone would spend the time and resources and risk coming here just for us or something on our planet. And Earth possessing the only intelligent life could be true, for all we know; there is equal possibility. But that is not what the good doctor said; he said he does not believe that aliens are visiting the planet. You are confusing the disbelief in extraterrestrial visitation with a disbelief in extraterrestrials.


Originally posted by Promecus
Considering the number of planets out there, life HAS to exist on other planets.


No, it doesn't "HAVE" to exist. There is no law stating that life may develop anywhere. The probability and possibility that we are alone is equal to the possibility and probability that we are not alone.

And even if intelligent life did develop elsewhere and then developed a means for relatively practical extra-solar travel, the possibility of them finding us is still very remote. There are perhaps 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. It would be akin to looking for one particular grain of sand on all of the world's beachs, combined.



posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Promecus
And who is to say that a life form wouldn't develop super strong legs for walking on such a planet?


Well, considering that planets like Jupiter or Saturn are composed of gas and do not have a solid surface, any life on them wouldn't be doing much walking. But I digress...


Who said I was talking about a gas giant? Besides, who is to say that life doesn't exist on Jupiter or Saturn? Have you been there lately?


And those planets do have a solid surface, but have a large thick atmosphere. What, did you believe they were just giant balls of gas?


Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Promecus
Life is great at adapting to its environment. To say that another planet has to be exactly like Earth is like saying all people HAVE to think alike.


No, it's not. It's calling narrowing your search and making a logical conclusion. (And by-the-by, he isn't saying a planet has to be exactly like Earth, just Earth-like, which means a terrestrial planet).


And I'm trying to point out that a planet doesn't have to be Earth-like in order to support life. And yes, life is great at adapting to its environment. Everything from a polar bear to an ant and everything in between has evolved in such a way that suits its environment. Read a book please.


Originally posted by SaviorComplex
In our home environment (being our entire solar-system) we do not see evidence of life developing on the gas-giants, or having the proper conditions for life-as-we-know-it.


And there you have it. I quote "life-as-we-know-it". Think about that just for a bit before you speak again. Because I'm certain we know very little about all forms of life.


Originally posted by SaviorComplex
In our own enviroment, only the terrestrial planets are, or may have once been, hospitable to life-as-we-know-it. Because of what we know about our own solar-system, and about how life developed here, it does not make much sense to search for life on Jovian or Super-Jovian worlds; even if life did develop on those worlds, we may have trouble recognizing it for what it is. It makes much more sense to narrow our search to Earth-like worlds, where conditions may be more hospitable and more readily recognizable.


I'll agree that it wouldn't make much sense to search for life on large planets unless that planet had a suitable environment for supporting life. But again, I re-iterate, that doesn't mean that such life doesn't exist.




top topics



 
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join