It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do mods and staff have to maintain neutrality amongst normal members?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
infact I would bluff you out with a deuce-seven to your flush..........lol

I don't fold. In it to win it.

Do you guys have shifts?

yeah, when I wake up I'm on, when I go to bed, I'm off.

No we do not. We volunteer our time.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I've even been know to u2u members here to say hello, ask questions, etc.
Just like any other member would do.

Ummm, I'm still waiting for that u2u?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Lombozo and I were friends before he became a moderator, and we are still friends now.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
lol J you wanted mods!!! looks like you got a whole lot on your thread lol

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Lombozo and I were friends before he became a moderator, and we are still friends now.

That's it, your off my list.

Had to bust you and lombozo's chops.

I'm sure I'll get it back though.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow,thanks guys for all your answers to my questions.......thats why I love this site....Oh,I have added you "Donttreadonme" as a friend.........thanx guys......I only regret I wont be on here for up to three months after Tuesday,but Ill be back(its all good)I wont take up any more of your time.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

LOL,no #..........okay,I am done,yall got bigger issues to deal with(like unruly members on Dantanners thread maybe........or giving me applauses for my 'Ultra Black' thread bringing in traffic here to ATS,lol..j/p)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I didn't like kleverone before he became a mod, and I still don't like him now.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by kleverone

I didn't like kleverone before he became a mod, and I still don't like him now.

It's all about being consitent!

Oh and just to make you feel even worse, you have been on my freinds list for over a year now. At least your honest

[edit on 6-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've always said that we are members first and mods only when we have to be. I stand by that. I don't understand the "mythos" around being a staff member. Then again, I frequent few sites other than ATS, might be different elsewhere. Nothing special about being a staffer. Takes up time, gets you targeted, in some instances you are getting opposition from some members just because we're seen as "The Man". WHY? We're all in the same boat here. Just looking for answers. We just have the added responsibility of keeping the board clean for all of us.

Btw, I'm not a Nazi and I haven't played one on TV.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Mods are still members. So the answer to your question is no. They do not have to be neutral. They have opinions just like everyone else. Becoming a mod does not mean you have no voice in the matters of discussion.

Becoming a mod simply means you will enforce the terms and conditions set forth. They can still speak their mind, they just have the job of keeping the conversation civil.

Being a mod is being the cop on the beat. This site has a few laws, they enforce them.

They make our world a better place.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Dude your bars about to fall off....Anyways I will take this opportunity to apologize to you for arguing(rather nasty at times)with you in the past,I am sorry for coming off so obnoxious and close minded......I have learned A LOT in the last month especially.I know I haven't always agreed with you but I want to say sorry for past comments...........I have added you as a friend~JKrog

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
*Gives Klever endless Dorito's, and beer*

*Plays hold'em with poker face*

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

why is when i first started reading this topic Dorito's came to mind before reading your reply

tip if you want to get in their good books send peanuts or in MMs case loads of Bannas

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

No Bod, all I have to do is make him some of my hotwings lol!

I'm just picking with him...anyway!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Clearly mods are allowed and do have friends.

But, I don't think that was the (OP's) real question.

I think he meant have we ever seen evidence of mods showing favoritism to some member and, shall we say, very short tempers with others.

IMO, OH YEAH!!!!!!!

I have found this particularly when "SOME" strongly disagree with the topic/stance of certain posters.

Yes, I know mods are human/human alien hybrids (:lol
and should be free to post their opinions, like all members.

I, however, feel very strongly that mods need do their modding with complete neutrality of opinion, only using T.A.C. as a guideline.

They should treat all posts no matter the topic or poster, the same.

Imo, if a mod is unable to do that, they should not be a mod.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Mod actions, like applauds, etc., are logged. Mods can see what the other mods do. If some mod was being unfair, it would be noticed by the other mods. So it's in our interest to be as fair as possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If a Mod warns me for doing something wrong then I'm thankful that they pulled me back in before it got worse. I've had Mods who are friends do that before. I'd do the same for them as a friend. I've also seen Mods get very angry and quite frightning at times,
so I don't see any nuetral bias from them.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Solarskye]

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This has got to be the best Forum for everyone to just take a breath, and let it all out!!!

Serious, so much tension and angst.....this is the funnest (not a word, but I now own the copyright) ever!!

Cheers to you all, now go have a beer....or something....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Cheers to you all, now go have a beer....or something....

You can't buy me a beer. That would be viewed as some kind of favour.

See, this mod lark isn't all its cracked up to be - we can only buy our own beer, and the 'fridge at ATS Mod HQ has been out of action ever since that incident with Crakeur and the lime slices...man that was ugly....he never did get all the splinters out....

[edit on 7/0708/08 by neformore]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join