It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do mods and staff have to maintain neutrality amongst normal members?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yea I was wondering(after reading staff profiles) if staff are encouraged to maintain neutrality(as in not add normal members as friends after becoming staff)??

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Huh? I have added several members as friends after becoming a mod. So the answer is no.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We are members too,
And most of my friends on here are members just look at my list lol,

I think that just some dont mess with there profile much, Even i dont update mine as times gone on, just busy ect,

so to answer your question we have no rules ect on not having member friends, Id be lost if that was the case,

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow,this quick response makes me think CONSPIRACY(lol,just kidding)

I was just wondering(Assla I know you add normal members,you added me,lol)I was just wondering cause i have added mods as friends ad after checking my profile I dont see I was added back.(I guess I am not cool enough
...............lol

No seriously I just thought it would make sense,since mods might have to 'correct' friends sometimes.

[edit on 7/6/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
as theres no alert when someone add you, sometimes it just doest get checked, If you add a mod might be worth sending them a little u2u and just letting them know that you added them, Im sure they would be flattered

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why is moderators' impartiality getting called in above poiticians' impartiality here? I thought that in this stage of the cycle they were asking for cash off of you.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
See, I would add some, but finding "normal members" is the hard part.

Seriously, I have a lot of friends, members all. (Mods are members too.) But I stopped messing with that feature when glitches made friends and foes I didn't even know show up. Plus all the political aspect, (You're a friend of so-and-so which is why you're an evil Natzi Mason loving/hating jerk that asked me to stay on topic.).

Besides, I'm not so old and senile I can't remember freinds, and enemies don't really matter to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
some people have really long lists
so don't sweat the add me back thing
mods are people too
they just enforce the T&C

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have many members as friends...I may have a fancy tag but I'm still just a member.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Exactly what Asala said...sometimes we just don't check and it gets lost in the hectic continuance of the site.

Hell, I messed up when I helped a new member who wanted help navigating the profile.

She was so grateful that she added me as a friend and I replied back that I would add her as well....

...I didn't do so for almost a month. When I got back to it, I felt horrible....

There are no rules...I am a member. And the friendships I have made while here are the reasons why I keep logging on.

As a side note, a day ago was the first time a member added me as a "Respectable Foe"...I noticed because you get an automatic u2u for those. Within the day, he had rescinded and added me as a friend...precisely because I used that action as a means to communicate and inquire and get to know.

That is something we should all consider...a negative post(s) does not necessitate a response ion kind and as well does not necessitate that a friend can't be made....think about that...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That is something we should all consider...a negative post(s) does not necessitate a response ion kind and as well does not necessitate that a friend can't be made....think about that...

I feel I have to be 'official here' and spell check and grammar check everything talking to mods and staff,lol.

Seriously though guys,I feel like I am talking to Jedi masters or Sages.......all of you guys(even if I don't agree with you,and thats no one who responded) blow me away with your philosophical wisdom........I HAVE ADDED ALL OF YOU AS FRIENDS(except Assla,as she deleted my dulce thread,lol no really she is already in my list)............And this is A LOT coming from me (as some staff no,I wont specify,but you know why I said that)......Props to you all................I can see how you have 'evolved',in my short six months here I have DRASTICALLY changed my prospective on life and how I treat others opinions,in part thanks to you guys,and other regular members.All I got to say is.....Do you guys get paid??????

**Oh and don't forget to check profiles as I ve added you all as friends.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I got my first respectable foe when I hadn't said sod all for three months, don't quite know what I did.......

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nope we don't get paid...

One thing everyone should keep in mind when thinking about the relationship between members and mods as that every single member of staff (excluding Simon obviously) started out here as a regular member.

Like the folks said above, we might have some titles and some responsibilities but we're all still members of this community that we've devoted ourselves to.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well damn it Djarums,I added you as a friend months ago....lol

Come on mods,I know your busy,dont not reply cause I am one of the more 'provocative' members.......lol(you know what I mean)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

If you are going to address the great and powerful kleverone, you must first appease my appetite for cheap beer and doritos. Then, and only then would I consider adding such a mere mortal as yourself to my friends list. Bring me back said items and I may consider adding you as a friend.

Maybe.

kleverone is

Ok I caved, your in

update- Are you kidding me? I'm not even on there!!! Why you little....

[edit on 6-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Kleverone:LOL,I will add you(I didnt think you even knew who I was.I will bring the great god Doritos and beer)..Oh I see you play poker(I guess from your "poker face" in your mood)........What do you play,hold um?I would kick your arse.........lol............I will go add you now..........I better get the same,lol.

But come on guys,is there not a 'unspoken rule',not to get to close to members?

I know if I owned this site I would institute that rule(I know I am a dictator,lol)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I will destroy you in holdem. I swear on this.

It's not that we don't want to get close to members it's just that modding a site like this really takes time and effort, so the ablitity to hang and just chill is limited. That and the fact I usally am entertaining my four year old son who is quite the attention hog

We don't get paid either as Djarums mentioned so a lot of times we are at work or just dealing with everyday life.

I know you by the way........I know everything.

Now where are those Doritos?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
''Now where are those Doritos? ''

DAMN YOUR DORITOS.......lol....seriously man I would murk you in hold em....your lucky I dont know you in real life,I would TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY.............infact I would bluff you out with a deuce-seven to your flush..........lol

Do you guys have shifts?

link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
But come on guys,is there not a 'unspoken rule',not to get to close to members?

I know if I owned this site I would institute that rule(I know I am a dictator,lol)

Not even a little. As Djarums, stated, we all started as members. Check all of our histories.

I am just a guy in Southern California who found an at times more relevant social circle on ATS....

And the moderating of a site like this does take time and effort...but, as the members can choose to log off, we as Moderators can choose (we don't get paid) to take a small break from posting and continue to post as members.

If there is an unspoken rule, to insure objectivity, that would be it.....

link   
I have plenty of members on my friends list, some are staff and some are not.

I've even been know to u2u members here to say hello, ask questions, etc.
Just like any other member would do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join