It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games involving space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Video games I've played involving space I enjoyed. (There are many I have not tried or can't remember.) So please discuss your favorites with me, tell me how much you wanna see sequels of some of these titles or just speak your mind on what you would make of a game involving space.

Mass Effect.
Star wars (KOTR, Battlefront 2 and Galaxies.)
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword.
First Encounters.
Wing Commandeer Privateer.
Every Final Fantasy which involved space.
Every Mech Warrior and Armored Core game there is.
Rock & Roll Racing.
StarPort Galactic Empires.
Halo (1,2 and 3.)

I think a game where you could travel to different planets and is similar to play style to that of Fable would be one great game. Don't really care if free space roam is available jumping to a zone of space with limited boundries is fine as long as you can land, get out and start pumping rounds into enemies, like battlefront, it would be great. A combination of space ship piloting and engineering with magic abilities to cause total carnage on whatever gets in your crosshairs.

[edit on 02/25/1985 by goodsoul]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
One memorable space setting which really took me by surprise was The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay.

It came out of nowhere with very little publicity but the game was actually very good. Probably the one game from which I expected the least and got so much more.

www.gametrailers.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Mass Effect is one hell of a game! I think I played through that about 8 times trying to do all the missions and dialogue options, I dont own an xbox anymore...dont really play games anymore but I'd definetley have to at least borrow one when ME2 comes out just for the story!

Have you read the book? Its set before the game and sets up the Sarin/Anderson story, its a bit predictable but worth reading.

I also used to play on a game called Freelancer, thats a fairly good space roaming game, it gets damn hard near the end though!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
yes i remember chronicles of riddick i first played the demo that was on the dvd then I could not wait to play it becuase it was a great game though i never finished but definitly is one I should not forget again.

No i havent read the book thank you for pointing that out. Such a great game with an outstanding story line so glad to know that I can continue it in the outdoors this summer.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I spent a lot of hours on Master of Orion 1 and 2, for the PC. Don't waste your money on #3, though; it's garbage. They're all set in space, where you are the dictator of an empire, and research technology and wage war and explore and that sort of stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If you like Space based games then your going to love Spore, it looks like its shaping up to be an awesome game!

The first true MSORPG! Massively Singleplayer Online Role Playing Game!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I loved Mass Effect.

My partner loves EvE. I've tried it and it IS pretty. I'm more of a roleplayer though and if I can't dress my avatar up and make her pretty I'm less likely to play the game.

KOTOR is one of the greatest RPGs of all time! I do so hope that the rumoured Bioware MMO is KOTOR.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Doom, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Riddick, Quake...so many more I probably can't think of 'em all. These are my favorite type of games because I love scifi so. I also liked Jedi Outcast.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
One of my personal all-time favorites is still the X-Com series.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kluge
One of my personal all-time favorites is still the X-Com series.

Quite possibly the best games ever created in the history of games! Well TFTD & Enemy Uknown at least, Apocolypse was rubbish although Interceptor was kinda fun with the whole space flight sim feel but TFTD & Enemy Unknown were the 2 best out of the series, just wish they'd make a modern day version for me to play that is basically the same game but with a graphics update!

As for other space games EvE Online is pretty decent, Star Wars Galaxies used to be amazing until SOE decided to destroy the game and remove everything that made it a great game which was a damn shame. And there's the oldies like Elite which truely an amazing game for it's time!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
One other interesting space game that is soon to come out is Dead Space. A new over the shoulder 3rd person survival horror / sci-fi game. It's been getting very positive previews and seems worth the look. It's coming out on PS3, PC and 360.

Dead Space The Game

[edit on 11-7-2008 by KeeFX]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by KeeFX]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I like freelancer its pretty cool, civilzation revolution is pretty good too my girlffriend and I really have alot fun collecting heads on it. Still have yet to try some more.

GEARS OF WAR 2 THIS YEAR!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
so far all games posted are pretty good I also really liked galactic civilizations. Found myself playing battlefront 2 mostly though because it is such a fun game. Keep the great posts coming!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

freelancer that was a fantastic game ...the end was really hard all those nomad battleships it had a great storyline..i would highly recommend it to fans of mass effect.

Also starlancer and dark star one are good ones to look out for.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I used to play a really fun computer game called Escape Velocity Overdrive. You flew a spaceship and could go all around the galaxy fighting all sorts of other spaceships and taking over planets and exacting tribute from them. I don't remember the details, but it was sweet.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
that sounds like a better version of starport galactic empires which is a free downloadable game not very good graphics and kind of a bird's eye view to play with but some what fun cuz u get to protect your planets with nukes and turrets and seek out special planets that are rare and other artifacts plus he you customizable character stats.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I second MOI 2, also liked Star Control and Space Colony.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I second MOI 2, also liked Star Control and Space Colony.

Whats the actual name for MOI 2?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
star wars the force unleashed is due to come out soon and it looks great

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Soul calibur 4 is absolutely amazing, no other fighting game has been released like this, congrats to the team and to the storyline/gameplay action 10 out 10, definitely try this! Fighting games are the best, I've mastered the force and now have lived my life to the fullest just by playing this game thats how much I kick ass at this game!!! Well done on this hopefully, someone can come along and beat this before Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe. "Killer Instinc I am looking your way" I dont care where your characters came from your team did a faboulous job on Killer instinc Gold so if you could kindly knock the competion outta the way that would be fine with your players.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join