It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewYork must have a population of Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I been doing some research and found many accounts,stories,and eyewitness seeing on different occasions and areas of the Adirondacks and lower Hudson.

Warren County, New York State
Lake George - Buck Mountain region Adirondacks
www.bigfootencounters.com...

There is even a outfit of bigfoot hunters in Newyork..these are casting from the famous ADIRONDACK JACK showing his castings found.North lake 2002.
www.bigfootexterminators.com...

Here a pretty good site thats dedicated to just Bigfoot research in the Northeast.
www.teamnesra.net...

Just more stories on accounts on sightings.
www.network54.com...

Just Has to be more then us imagining Bigfoot being here.To many stories and casts were made.I never knew Bigfoot was here maybe.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't think theres a Bigfoot in New York, but I do believe there is a bear in GTA IV. I mean come on! It's New York I'm sure one would have been captured. Then again, there hasn't been one captured in Liberty City.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am in Southern N.Y. (Hudson Valley) and NEVER heard of any "bigfoot" sightings.

Yawn.....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The Adirondacks are huge and nobody lives there.Its all state owned land.The sections of the mts are prolly bigger then northern California.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What about the Doug Pridgen Footage
(a.k.a. the "New York Baby Footage")

That was back in 1997 in the Catskills ? Story is he was upgrading vhs tapes and while going through footage from a camping trip noticed something in the background. Though the video is a little rough, it is difficult to make out what really is in the trees but looks like something is swinging around in the trees behind them.

Not sure if there are any escaped orangutans in upstate NY or not. Is Bigfoot a tree climber ? Do they possibly use treetops for play / shelter / hiding ?

Not that so much is known about Bigfoot, but it was worth the question.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by cbj845]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know if there is anything there myself, but it certainly is very desolate in the Adirondacks. There are vast amounts of forest that no one enters and not too many roads. Go on Google Maps and take a look at the park.

I also found this on a website about the park:

"Today the Park is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States, greater in size than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier, and Grand Canyon National Park combined. The boundary of the Park encompasses approximately 6 million acres...."

If someone or some "thing" wanted not to be seen the Adirondacks would probably be one of the best places in the country to hide. People think of NY and NYC immediately comes to mind, that's why most people don't think about it when they are talking Bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've never seen or heard of Bigfoots around here, or by Lake George. Go up to Lake George every year.

[edit on 8/7/08 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I've never seen or heard of Bigfoots around here, or by Lake George. Go up to Lake George every year.

[edit on 8/7/08 by enjoies05]

Ever go up to the High Peaks region up by Saranac Lake?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jms88

No, I haven't. Looks nice though. And not too far from Lake George?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by jms88

No, I haven't. Looks nice though. And not too far from Lake George?

I guess about an hour and a half north. Absolutely beautiful. I've been going there every Summer since I was about 18 years old to camp with friends. You really should check it out some time.

Getting back to the original topic. I'm kind of a skeptic when it comes to Bigfoot, but if there was a place something like that could exist I wouldn't rule out ADK. Where we used to camp we wouldn't see a person for an entire week come down the dirt road. Mind you this was public land.

Because of the building restrictions in the park there really isn't much industry or people for that matter. There are miles upon miles of virgin forest, especially in the Northern end of the park.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jms88

I use to live in Saranac Lake years ago and Mt Marcy isnt to far.Never heard a thing then.Sorry guys im just posting what i read and heard.There is even reports of Bigfoot sighting that made headline news in the Catskill mts.Btw the park is so huge that defenders of wildlife wanted to reintroduce the Grey Wolf here back in the early 90s.But figured yellowstone was a better place because of the more better supply of variety of food.

www.cbs6albany.com...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by jms88

I use to live in Saranac Lake years ago and Mt Marcy isnt to far.Never heard a thing then.Sorry guys im just posting what i read and heard.There is even reports of Bigfoot sighting that made headline news in the Catskill mts.Btw the park is so huge that defenders of wildlife wanted to reintroduce the Grey Wolf here back in the early 90s.But figured yellowstone was a better place because of the more better supply of variety of food.

www.cbs6albany.com...

I heard the same story about the Grey Wolves from a friend of mine that want to college at Paul Smiths.

Like I said, I think if there was such a creature as Bigfoot then ADK would be a perfect place for him to be. However I've never heard anyone talk about seeing him there either.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I' used to live in Glenns Falls and i've heard of people seeing bigfoot in the adirondaks, planes have gone down in there and never been found, so it's not a big stretch to think something like that could be there too and not be found

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm orignally from Upstate NY (north of Albany). My family has always lived there. I don't think anyone heard of any stories of Bigfoot (or is it Bigfeet?) in the mountains. Tho we use to tell stories like that to scare each other as kids.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
they didnt mean NYC.. I live in upstate and it s true.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yep! Lots of Bigfoots in NY. Really smart whatever they are, to stay away from people.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
yep! Lots of Bigfoots in NY. Really smart whatever they are, to stay away from people.

I've seen this video before. There's no doubt what so ever a Primate swinging around in the tree in the background. And there's something else moving around on the ground underneath of it. Whether or not it's a human with a pet Chimp is up for debate and will never be known. And I find it a bit strange that the camera man never really put his subject in the middle of the frame. It was like he knew something was going to happen in the tree line.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

You are right to figure bigfoot (bigfeet?) live in New York. Besides the joke about "What do you mean? You ever ride the subway?" my brother has friends in New York State who tell a story that is consistent from brother to brother - the brothers are 12 years apart in age and are both adults now.

They grew up outside of Lake George, NY and the abbreviated story from the older one is that one day he was home by himself and went to get eggs from the chicken coop like his mom asked him to. He was 10 years old. He said as he was leaving the coop to go in, he heard monkey sounds and turned to see what could be doing it. He saw an orangish-greyish all hairy person about 8 feet tall standing there just watching him from about 40 feet away at the edge of the woods of their property. He ran in dropping eggs and locked the doors. He told his parents who said they believed him and then thought little of it. Fast forward to his younger brother, only a few years ago now, when he was about the same age. In fact, they both look a lot alike. The older brother never once told him anything about what happened, what he saw. Never told anyone. Pretty much the same thing. Younger brother was outside, playing at the edge of the yard except this time his mother was the only other person home. She calls him in to eat. He turns to go in and sees the same 8 foot tall hairy person. Runs inside hysterical and his mom asks him what he saw. He tells her when she realizes she heard the same story from the older son 10 years ago.

They're up there in New York for certain. There is an incredible amount of cover and sustainable environment for them, especially if that is their adaptation up in New York State/Vermont/New Hampshire and forget about Maine. It's probably like their capital up there.

There are even stories of bigfoot in New Jersey. legitimate ones.

top topics

join