It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Dinosaurs Exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People don't believe in the holocaust either. There are more ludicrous theories and beliefs out there than whether dinos exist or not, that's for sure.

By the by, I'm just gonna throw this out there...I live in North Carolina, surrounded by Southern Baptist Evangelicals, and I am putting on record that as a majority, generally speaking, they are the most ignorant pompous group of people I have ever met. They will tell you that not only do they believe that dinos don't exist, but that if you believe dinos DO exist, you're going to.....HELL!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think there are still a few hanging around actually, particularly under the ocean.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes dinosaurs do exist....on an Island 100 miles off the coast of Costa Rica.

With all seriuosness yes they did exist. I did hear theres some human foot prints next to some dino foot prints next to human foot prints some where out in the western US. I could believe that some people did see dinosaurs. I know some American Indians had paintings that looked like dinos.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think dinosaurs existed. I think a large part of religion with the bible being misread is that you'll find they are mentioned. The Serpent (The Devil) and having him and his fallen angels mixing with beasts (I'm assuming he mixed with everything), and then going into the world to create Nephilim hybrids. You also have to remember Noah's flood killed all these dinosaurs and placed then deep in the soil (I'm assuming time buries all things). No amount of Radio Carbon dating can qualify as a legit means to measure the age of the fossils found. Due to the changes in the carbon within water, and under the soil. You also have to go back and read scriptures concerning "Uriel" the archangel overdoing it with killing the creatures on the land that were created not by God but by the Devil himself. I'm sure an archangel has enough power to equal that of an atomic bomb. Radio carbon dating cannot even come close to properly addressing the age of a fossil...especially after the ground has been nuked (Sodom and Gomorrah for instance).

Remember in the scriptures it speaks of Lots wife turning around and being turned into Salt (she was told not to by the angels). Now at the time the only explanation for them was the appearance of something like that of salt. Have you ever seen the after effects of a place getting nuked? Some people are still within their ashes and on the ground (i.e. like the appearance of salt).

You also have to remember God uses what is already present. For all we know the earth and everything in the earth is billions and billions of years old but this dirt is God's way of creating life. Dirt is old but made by God we then can define time of human beings created based on original scriptures (6000 years ago).

Carbon Dating is made by man, and for this reason they can't detect the age of dirt because God used what was already present (not new, but old), and created human beings.

I used to be an Atheist long ago until I saw all the lies of the world. Remember...question everything you have been told! Even question me...I'm not always right which is why I search for the truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
2 questions for all those that accept the existence of dinosaurs as fact:
1. Have acctual dinosaur bones been found (=bones that do not fit any known animal)?
2. As I understand fossils are only imprints in the rock as such they do not prove anything = anything could have made them.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"Carbon Dating is made by man, and for this reason they can't detect the age of dirt because God used what was already present (not new, but old), and created human beings."

There is 20 other things they can use alongside carbon dating to give a 99.99999% rate of accuracy.

"You also have to remember God uses what is already present."

Why are you telling people they have to remember something about God, when many people here believe God doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenment247
[more

Understand that one of the largest religious communities don't believe in dinosaurs. If I am not mistaken, they also don't believe in evolution either. So what you were told at work could have been based on religious beliefs. I believe that they existed because of fossils.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I think there are still a few hanging around actually, particularly under the ocean.

I'm glad that I am not alone on that one lol. Thats why I think we should be workig on exploring Earth before we work on Mars.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dinosaurs most certainly existed. I would even be willing to accept that God created the earth and life, which evolved into dinosaurs; and then observed the evolution of animals into humans. Dinosaur fossils are not imprints. They are made of limestone that replaced the original bones when the dirt that they were buried in was pressed into mineral by layers of soils from above. The thing that I have noticed about certain religions that discount the existence of dinosaurs is that they they see their beliefs as facts/truth, based on faith without any physical evidence. They tend to manipulate their world to fit their beliefs and are inflexible. Scientists look at science as theory, not fact, which is subject to change. The best scientific theories are proven by scientists trying to disprove them. I am very spiritual and I see no reason that spirituality and science cannot co-exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would probably give a very strange look to anyone who did not believe in dinosaurs or even entertain the possibility. It often stems from those practicing extreme forms of fundamentalist Christianity. The same people who are ignorant to the fact that reincarnation and "magic" existed in Christianity before dogma and orthodoxy reared their ugly heads.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Gotta check out Bill Hicks' words on this subject.. can't say it any better lol...

YouTube Link

Really funny considering what he says in here that Fundamentalists say has been said word for word in this thread already

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Jomina]

By the way, some language in this, for those unfamiliar with ol Bill's style

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Jomina]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have heard this once before, Christians claiming that dinosaurs are the devils work and that they don't exist. You gotta be off your rocker to believe that. Has any christian ever walked into a dinosaur museum?? Those aren't paper dolls folks! That's real bones and teeth! I suppose this Smilodon saber tooth cat is also fictional like the T-rex too right? The most problem with religion is well religion

[edit on 18-12-2008 by sean]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

only in america my dear friend, in uk it i with an s

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I do not believe dinosaurs existed because I think they were just extra-large animals whose bones have been put together haphazardly. There are no photos (obviously) or blue prints of any kind to say how they looked for anyone to substantiate the dinosaur shapes that are around today. There is no evidence of colour or skin type and I think the skeletons that have been found were deformed animals and only lived a short while as they could not survive.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I can tell you that your coworkers need to come walk the badlands here in Alberta. On several occasions while out hunting around I have found Dinosaur bones sticking out of the ground after heavy rains or after the snow melts.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
if religous people believed in dinosaurs before the scientists, if they were in the bible, then hey guess what there would be lots of evidence (scientific) to prove them wrong and there would be an enormous bandwagon of people jumping on it to critisize people of faith!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is one of the problems that arises when creationism is taken literally. Large amounts of people begin to doubt facts about times previous to the writing of the bible. It just goes to show how easily history can be twisted or forgotten.

Dinosaurs existed.. its not a conspiracy.
The earth is more than 5000 years old.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Considering we have hieroglyphs depicting dinosaurs I would have to say that in fact they did exist not to mention bones and possible DNA of a woolly mammoth.

I would have to say if you don't believe dinosaurs existed at some point in time then you can not believe any type of god has ever existed as there is more evidence for dinosaurs than for any god itself.

If you don't believe in god then chances are you believe in evolution which would mean you have to believe they existed other wise humans wouldn't have existed and therefore we don't exist either. (just to play devils advocate here to make a point)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenment247
I know this seems like a ludicrous question, but do not doubt that there are skeptics on dinosaurs. I was talking with a co-worker a few weeks ago and we we're talking about conspiracies, and he brought up dinosaurs as if it wasnt a proven fact.
Then, I proceeded to ask other people at my job what they thought about the existence of dinosaurs. To my astonishment, three other co-workers of mine werent quite sure if they did or didnt't exist. Only five of them were 100% convinced they did in-fact exist. As if it was some huge fabrication solely for the entertainment of the planet.
So I would like to see if there are any other skeptics on this matter or if everyone else agrees hands down that dinosaurs at one time dominated this planet.

I believe they existed, its the way they became extinct that i question

i raises questions for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join