It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such thing as a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I�ve been considering the general point of conspiracy theories lately and figured I�d get the topic out of my head and into other people�s.

Is there really any conspiracy theory that is accurate?

If there is truly a well done and organized conspiracy, then by definition, none of us know about it. Only once the conspiracy starts to collapse and information leaks to those not involved does it make its way to ATS or the general public.

Even if there is evidence or president for a conspiracy, it must only be vague or superficial evidence, or again, its not a conspiracy.

So how does one claim a conspiracy? Is it just the fact that official stories on events don�t match facts? I�ve come to notice that often times, a conspiracy is more of a lack of knowledge. Rather than uncover things, which can not be uncovered, conspiracies turn into stories that just fill in the gaps.

Take UFOs. Phoenix and DC (1952 events) both involve mass witnessing of astounding aircraft. But that where the facts end. None of them landed and aliens came out. None of them are known military craft. No one claimed to own them. That�s it, lack of knowledge. At this point the stories start�It was military, it was alien, it was God, it was a magic poodle�

So is this where a conspiracy starts? Many people think the US government has intimate knowledge of these craft. How does one come to that conclusion? Sure it would make sense if it was the government covering up aliens, or if it was experimental craft, but how does one know that? If there is a conspiracy, how did you breach that conspiracy?

I don�t know. Sounds simple yes? Well not for most. For ages people have been looking for understanding of the world even when the facts to grasp it are not available. For the longest time we had Gods and Tribal Leaders to answer our questions, then came science, but given experiences and event that do not stay around for scientific experiments or fit into a religion, then what? Conspiracy theories.

I for one prefer to simple say, I don�t know. What was that silver disk in the sky? I don�t know�a silver disk is all I can say. Where is it from? Does the Government know about it? Is it Aliens? I don�t know�all I saw was a silver disk in the sky. Was it angels? Was it extra dimensional, was it a trick of the eye? I don�t know.

The same goes for many things. How does one make claims of a conspiracy with partial information?

And for those that think they are aware of a conspiracy�well, if you are aware of it, its not a good conspiracy. If you are just assuming there is one, then you�ll spend to much time trying to find proof, and over look and you do stumble across.

I welcome comments.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alltheconspiracies
to learn more
www.alltheconspiracies.org...

I found you! I found you. Now tell me this...

Who is member "henkbo" and why did you steal his/her UID??

*found that username by using the "Wayback Machine Archives" of past ATS archived content. *

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit = keyboard malfunction.

[edit on 7/1/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Someone must be onto me, the post above has two stars already.

make that three..

w00t!

now c'mon guys lets kick this thing off!

[edit on 7/1/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You get a big gold star from me mate.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So according to ATC's Member Profile his last visit was on November 19th, 2003, but the above was posted from him after his last visit, how can this be??

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by downintheupside
So according to ATC's Member Profile his last visit was on November 19th, 2003, but the above was posted from him after his last visit, how can this be??

They inserted the post, without changing the dates.

They have some tricks up their sleeves. Also it is the same way they made certain other "clue" posts appear to have been made in 1969 for instance in some of the previous games.

But at any rate, it is nether here nor their, as this was a clue at the very beginning of the game, and has no relevence at this point.

Sorry for causing all the hoo-hah about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh so sly they are...

Thanks for the explanation Mech.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Getting ready... getting started.

C'mon. Let's do this thing

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This thread is ridiculous.

The definitions of conspiracy include-

- "An act of working in secret to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations."

- "An agreement between two or more natural persons to break the law at some time in the future."

- "An agreement between two or more natural persons to break the law at some time in the future."

- "A plot to overthrow a government or other powers."

In the words of the class president in Welcome to the NHK, "in this world, there are conspiracies."

EDIT: old thread is ollllllld.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
This thread is ridiculous.

Well, maybe.

The second post here, by member "alltheconspiracies", was placed here as a clue in one of the ATS Sponsored Games, "All The Conspiracies".

I had thought that this was a new clue, so I posted here. Sorry for any confusion this has caused. If you want to find out more about the game, here is the original game thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right now though, the game is on hold, and will be restarted soon, with a new set of clues and answers.

new topics

top topics

join