It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Possession - or Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
During the Second World War my grandfather was stationed in India and visited a remote location in Uttar Pradesh where there was a a huge hue and cry about a strange event. It turned out that a lady in her 80's in a typical poor farming village who had never had any contact with English people had suddenly started to converse in fluent English and had started smoking cigarettes for the first time in her life.

My grandfather and his colleague visited the lady - there were no levitations or spewing up green vomit. The lady was dignified but seemed to breath more deeply than normal people. On being asked in English: "Who are you?" she did not answer with a name but replied that she had been educated in a public school in England and maintained a conversation in perfect English for about 20 minutes. She only stopped the conversation to ask for a cigarette.

The details are a bit hazy to me but I just want to ask the experts here if that is demonic possession or is there a more rational explanation for this phenomenon?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have heard several stories like this and it can be accents or other languages.
Below are some similar cases....i could pretty much be sure that it wasn't possession.

www.news.com.au...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thank you for that information about Foreign Accent Syndrome changing the Geordie woman's accent to Italian/Jamaican. The story closer to the OP is of the accident victim who was a native Czech speaker and, after an accident woke up speaking perfect English for a couple of days.

These are rational explanations which Science can explain. However, in the OP, a woman of over 80 years old with no radio or other external source of information speaking a totally different language sounds too wierd to be rationally explained.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by Heronumber0]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting phenomena. Once after drinking heavily with friends, they told me next morning that i had spoken perfect french in drunk and i have never studied french language.

Maybe it has something to do with subconcious, or maybe even past lifes?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There was some case along time ago about some south american guy he never had any medical training was not well educated was rather poor.
And performed emergency surgery on someone and saved there life.
And said it was his past life in which he was a doctor and just remembered and doesn't know how.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It would more likely be because of some trauma, mental affliction/illness or hoax than actual possession.
Also the other stories have an outcome/explanation because they were covered.
We have your word, with nothing offered as proof, that this event took place.

I'm not saying it's not strange but apart from heavy breathing, there is nothing to suggest that the woman was possessed in any way?

I gave you both stories(and there are probably hundreds more) to show you the broadness of said phenomenon/condition.
From a simple accent change to a language change is a pretty big leap, but still roughly the same thing.

Who knows, the human brain is a remarkable thing indeed.

[edit on 6/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've recalled repressed memories with this myself. And even though I may have been diagnosed as having DID or dissociative identity disorder or alternate personalities, I see it as a type of possession or medium for others. My having recalled some of these events hasn't typically associated these alters as being permanently part of me like some people with DID report.

One of the females I would occasionally have contact with would apparently also use other female bodies to speak thru and was a smoker also.

Some may say this is a highly advanced remote viewing. Others in religion may refer to them as watchers and the fallen.I believe there's mention of some being called: 'mouthpieces' in the bible?

Some might also believe this is related to extraterrestrial technologies such as brain implants.

Still others might say it's past life regression or something similar. To say it's just a brain glitch or illness seems to be a cover up. Without a more thorough interview and investigation, we can't say for sure. No doubt many who are mentally ill have been accused as being possessed as well.

And maybe some glitch in the matrix?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

Foreign Accent Syndrome...it just doesn't come from being in an accident. Someone can be scared as well...I will post more when I find the documents on it

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bosito
reply to post by Heronumber0

Foreign Accent Syndrome...it just doesn't come from being in an accident. Someone can be scared as well...I will post more when I find the documents on it

Accent..... Not when you have all of a sudden understood the grammar structure of the language. If your native language is English and after so and so accident your English sounds like coming from a French person, that does not count....
You have to really speak fluently in French. Perhaps, be able to write it too.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My apologies I miss read that....I was referring to speaking different languages not accents. Again my apologies

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
During the Second World War my grandfather was stationed in India and visited a remote location in Uttar Pradesh where there was a a huge hue and cry about a strange event. It turned out that a lady in her 80's in a typical poor farming village who had never had any contact with English people had suddenly started to converse in fluent English and had started smoking cigarettes for the first time in her life.

My grandfather and his colleague visited the lady - there were no levitations or spewing up green vomit. The lady was dignified but seemed to breath more deeply than normal people. On being asked in English: "Who are you?" she did not answer with a name but replied that she had been educated in a public school in England and maintained a conversation in perfect English for about 20 minutes. She only stopped the conversation to ask for a cigarette.

The details are a bit hazy to me but I just want to ask the experts here if that is demonic possession or is there a more rational explanation for this phenomenon?

Even if it was a possession, why would it have to be demonic? Maybe it was just a walk in spirit.

new topics

top topics

join