It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, cant believe what in hearing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fastfingersfunk

can hear it falling, the people there can hear it falling. are you stating that you would not hear a controlled demoltion from a few blocks away? i can spot two traffic lights from there to the smoke (as they zoom in), this is no more than three blocks away. CD's can be heard from well over a mile away. this one below, the explosions are MUCH louder than the building falling. there is no comparison in sound. you would absolutely hear explosions from this distance.

I think there's something wrong with your reading comprehension skills, I am stating that there is no sound of a building falling in the video you posted., so obviously, you aren't going to hear explosions either.

Like you said, they are standing a few blocks away, yet you can't hear the collapse of the building( you say you can, but I sure can't).

This tells me that the sound is off and any claims made by you, based on the sound of this video, are questionable.

[edit on 8/7/08 by enigmania]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fastfingersfunk

again,
(seems most of my anonymous post don't pass the moderation, so another try)

when you have a equalizer with your soundcard (software) then kill the frequencies up 500 Hz and the lowest frequency (35 hz for example). so you can hear frequencies between 50 hz till 250 hz only. what did you notice ? (listen both videos with these settings)

you can still here the explosions in the second vid. However...
they are very quite, sounding completly different from the original sound, etc.

so. you seem to have no idea how microphones work. (maybe look into the subject "bidirectional microphone" .. google!)

so, now add a "near-field"-microphone to the second video and you would have the same result as with the first video. (without the EQ settings, of cause)

The microphones used for interviews hardly catch surrounding noise. (blocking frequencies from the side of the microphone) Those catching the sounds of the speaker only. (at least they try) Otherwise you would hear the nearby people speaking very loud and there would be other disturbing stuff which would make the interview unusable...

Also, there is probably a noise blocking filter behind the microphone which cuts other unwanted frequencies.

Video 1:
What you hear is nothing other then ultra low frequencies like you can hear with the EQ settings I wrote above in the second video.

So, add another microphone in the second video, point it another direction and add some noise blocking / unwanted frequency filters (which are probably used in today's interviews) and voila you can't identify the explosions anymore...

And maybe you notice that in the second video these low frequencies are getting louder before the people even noticed the collapse....

So, don't speak of evidence of those two videos and present them as this.
That two videos doesn't proof anything... They can't be compared.

You may convince people with absolute no idea about sound equipment and sound processing knowledge, not even I have great knowledge about that topic. but at least enough to proof you are wrong!

--- others ----

If it was a fire that let the building collapse, it WOULD NOT collapse as it does. It would collapse partly and would involve the other parts to come down. But NO! The whole floor burned constantly to take down the whole building at once. LOL. Come on. Do you believe that ? pffft.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

<< 2  3  4   >>

join