It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control is Logical and Needed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The cure to population growth is prosperity and health, ironically enough. Growth occurs where health and wealth is low. The worlds population will continue to grow until about 2050 when it will fall. The problem is a huge aging population and no working age people to support them.. I don't mean financial I mean doing the jobs to keep society ticking over.

By 2050 the population will have reached 12billion and to be perfectly honest the current population is unsustainable.

So the biggest problem is the short term which unfortunately will be solved with war as resources become ever shorter. War has a knock on effect in that it kills off any attempts for a healthier wealthier world. So round and round we go..........until greed and selfishness can be cured and I'm afraid that will never happen. Just read ATS replies to understand why!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Hello Malcr,

I just don’t understand how people can say the current population is unsustainable?

Sure there are people starving all around the world but that does not mean that there is no food. Just look at how wasteful and glutens people in first world countries are not only are they obese but now their dogs are developing diabetes.

If the world markets simply turned to rabbit meat instead of cow and pig the whole world would have even more food for 1/6 the feed coast.

There is a lot we could do we just need to use our ingenuity and imagination.

Cities in the middle of the ocean, cities in space, underground cities, underwater cities, cities on the moon and on mars there is so much space in this universe.

I think this planet is no where near full and at the rate that we kill each other or want to prevent each other from existing I’m surprised we have this many people in the world.

But people always feel crowded that’s why we look for new lands like the people who discovered the Americas. We just need to keep looking.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Izarith]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

We already have population control. Women in America use birth control to the point even the ground water is saturated with hormones. These hormones are affecting fish populations. I know many people who are not married and even a few married couples who are not having children. There are many STD's which are leading to increased sterility. Even being here does not make you safe. Nursing homes look like beautiful death traps.

I do not believe that population control is practiced in the upper classes. Al Gore is one of the big proponents of population control; He is also the proud father of five children.

Inorder to have a vibrant culture youth needs to be replenished. That is not happening in America and it shows. Twenty years ago when I went to the malls I would see young people everywhere loitering around. Now when I go to the malls I see Fat middle aged people and few children.

While the elites are curbing the population of the young and the old. They are doing everything they can to rejuvenate themselves and extend their own lifetimes. This is not a good thing. Great science and great math comes from geniuses who are in their twenties. No amount of rejuvenation for the rich and powerful will enhance culture ; it will result in decline.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by whaaa

Nope i haven't, but that's just because i don't want anyone near my genitals with a sharp object, call me crazy
However no i won't be having kids, i love kids don't get me wrong but i wouldn't have my own for a multitude of reasons.
So yes I'm practicing what i preach, why don't you come up with a more constructive rebuke. Are you saying that the planet can have whatever level of population we want?

No I'm not saying the planet can have whatever level of population we want. I had a vasectomy. Never had children.
I believe that mother nature will eventually take care of the over pop. problem with a plague. And if not mother nature; the elite will figure out a way to keep the natural resources for themselves and a few chosen worker bees.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Of course population control is needed if no we have no population control then there will be a lot of bug wars over water, food, and energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
Stop tying to play god or we will end up like China with no women.

Hello Izarith. Stop trying to overflow the planet or we'll end up like Auschwitz with piles of bodies and no food.

What will you, your children and your children's children gain from an 18 billion strong planet? As previously stated (you seem to have missed this part), I don't support culling, killing or eugenics. I support responsible breeding, but pessimistically, I don't see people adhering without some encouragement from state laws and policies.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is completely idiot, and in fact, the very people advocating murder for population control, ie, the PTB, are the very ones who created this entire farce to begin with. The ultra conservative, corporate controllers of the western world have for years blocked and set up systems of tyranny in third world to continue to use the people as slaves and steal their resources. In all first world nations with good health care and equality for women, CHILD BIRTH DROPS TO BELOW ZERO, or nearly so. Development of Africa and the world, but with the clean technology those control-freaks are sitting on and hiding from us, or at the very least, with solar and the highest quality of alternate technology, should have been done years ago. But they prefer to send the CIA in to dismantle the democracies that took so much effort of the people and establish people like the Ayatollah Khomeini. Open your eyes and stop spouting the propaganda machines nonsense. High standards of living and international healthcare is the answer for the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Population control is not something to be taken lightly. The major factor is that while this world is capable of sustaining our current population and much more, but to do so requires huge investments into resources, which no government will do lightly.

Who knows what the future will hold. If even 1/10th of the technology stated on these forums and other places etc is true, then we have the means to do all this quite easily. Fly and colonize a different planet? Sure its all viable providing we can fly there cheaply and do all this easily.

Ive repeatedly read that the current technology the majority of us use, or have heard of and maybe seen is only a tiny part what our military/government show us. Population control is a extreme measure and is the opposite of what we are being told to do, which is multiply greatly in order to sustain the economy.

Anyway population control is something none of us in our lives will ever face. Sure you see TV, hear news about all this bad blah blah but who honestly believes everything you hear on TV.

The only problem with food shortages and etc is that this world in which we live in today is all about money, greed, selfishness and etc. I do not even consider the NWO if it exists a problem we have today. More likely its the fact us humans do not even want to work as a whole (planet), but would rather cause strife and war in order to keep their own power.

Things like petrol for example have supposedly been easily overcome... However the huge mega-powers in control of selling oil, coal and other such fuels do not want to lose their power which they gain by selling these. Just like how ciggerette and alcohol companies have continued to help create the laws that have made other substances illegal. No I do not myself take any illegal substance however its a huge farce that products such as those illegal substances are against the law, compared to tobacco and alcohol, both which are incredibly dangerous and cause life problems.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Brakes your heart to see the Earth over populated by Man at the expense of all other creatures, we are the only animal that is out of sync with the natural balance.
The water and air is toxic the fish are almost gone with complete fisheries at a standstill. Whales are not going to make it there are too few to sustain a population, sad. The only creatures not in serious decline are Humans Cockroaches and Rats and when the water, air and food supply is used up the only survivors will be the smaller cockroaches and rats, ((excluding the celebrities, politicians and corporate rich)) .
Pollution, Profit, Politics and bags of cash are above all else so with dirty money investing in politics we should never expect a cure just blame and panic when it's too late.
I watched TLC about the lives of those large 12-17 kid families and think this is nuts! Each human born need 4 acres to supply their needs and those families alone consume 50 acres of land, there go the trees, This should be shocking shamed not made into entertainment. Religion and its myths bare a large measure of responsibility for refusing to allow birth control or sex education so these super large breeders all seem be controlled by religious fables not responsibility to the greater whole.
This area of debate will always bring out the “I have my rights” crowed who refuse to balance rights with any responsibleness. We need more social responsibilities less personal rights “Ask not what your country can do for you” Say ! How about a “Deceleration of Responsibilities”

We need downsizing and fast (without war) or we will not make it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Elitists and hypochondriacs have been worried about this for centuries. Ever heard of Thomas Malthus? People that followed his theories/theology made predictions several times about population crises in the 70's and 80's. Did it happen? No. I understand that many in these forums may not believe in God. But the God I know provides for His children - it's part of our test to help one another and make sure that the bounty that God gives us is used to help those less fortunate. It's a huge trespass on liberty and free will to even conspire to force our will on others - in the form of passing laws.

FYI - The Chinese government did start their population control by using the taxation system. If you wanted more than one child you had to pay for it in taxes. That was just the beginning of more forceful measures. It's shocking to me that people that believe the government abuses it's power and declares secret war on its citizens in the form of false flag operations (9/11) and legislating away natural rights (Patriot Act) would trust it's government with population control measures.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigonish

overpopulation is a huge problem and at the heart of many of the worlds other problems, which often relate to over-consumption and availability of resources.

there is a very good reason why it is largely ignored....any country tackling this on its own would immediately be weakening it's political position (unless they are severely overpopulated like China), both in terms of defense and economics.

the only way population control can work is if it is done by all nations in complete agreement, something which may be a long way off.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigonish

Who is WE? By down sizing ,people will be killed off. Who is to say besides God which people are most fit to survive? Some people want only the desirable in terms of beauty and wit to survive, but the people who look like troglodites might have the genes to survive any famine. Contries that have a high proportion of youthful people are vibrant. Countries with zero population growth are stagnant.

I will state again population control is being pushed because some in the medical pharmaceutical complex have found both the fountain of youth and the key to immortality. This world is not big enough for greedy prideful swine to live forever. Once the elites realize that their luxurious lifestyles are not the result of their own labors they will force people to live forever in bondage. That is the definition of Hell.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Has anyone actually flown over the United States lately? I fly from Detroit to LA about once a month... There is plenty of room in this country. Just because the OP lives in a crowded city doesn't mean we have over population. We may have over population in the inner cities of this country I will tell you that. Want to control it? Wall them off because all they do is procreate...

Peak oil isn't going to kill us either unless we are forced back into the middle ages with draconian tax increases. If the American free market is left alone then we will come up with a solution to the oil problem. I would say we keep the solution for America only. Screw the rest of the world. They hate everything we stand for anyway. I would also say we should raise our food exports to match the price of oil. Doing just that will kill millions for the OP.

The world seems hell bent on political correctness and environmental fascism and they point to the USA as the evil country and that is what is going to do us in. If it were up to me I would bring every American home and give the rest of the world (Hate the USA crowd) exactly what they want and watch the muslims, former USSR and China burn them for their ignorance.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

FIRST OF ALL, I LET YOU KNOW THAT I'M NOT A RACIST IDIOT. I PRESENT FACTS AND PROOF IS EVERYWHERE ON TV AND IN LOTS OF SCIENTISTS POINTS OF VIEW AND WRITTEN ESSAYS.

Imagine a " sample " third world village in a random country in Africa.

Mr X has 6 sons and 3 daughters. These sons and daughters who were born in 1990 for example are mainly already fathers and mothers at this age, so that gives around 4 to 8 children each. The X family will have passed from 11 people to an awesome 47, just in 20 years. Apply this theory to a lot of villages everywhere in the third world, and you'll get a huge amount of crap to deal with in the next 20 years, as resources keep being the same...
Crap is gonna hit the fan real soon when people in the UN Will have to face that fact...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Either we achieve an eqaulibrium we make ourselves or it happens naturally and people starve to death.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Great topic, starred and flagged.

I think the solution to this problem rests upon the shoulders of the world's strongest nations. We need to stop the inane practice of giving aid (especially food) to third world countries! Those people reproduce at an unsustainable rate, then inevitably spill across their borders and invade more responsible nations like the United States and Britain, who should not have to give up precious resources to support the influx.

Rather than wasting so much money and resources trying to "aid" nations that serve no good purpose and produce nothing but millions of unskilled, uneducated people, we should let nature work its magic and wipe out these weaker members of the human race. Maybe we should even give her a little nudge, to prevent well-meaning fools from private charities from doing much damage.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Also, I need to add that we have to address this issue here at home as well. No more government welfare should be allowed, or if people sign up for any kind of governmental assistance, they should be sterilized. Perhaps all people should be temporarily sterilized in the public schools while they're in the eighth grade or so and not get the process reversed until they reach a certain financial status, are married for a number of years and both they and their spouse pass some sort of standardized test. If that's too hard to accomplish, we could at least tax everyone a good amount for each child they are raising (and give those who remain childless a tax credit). Society would be a lot better off if the poor weren't having so many children that they can't take care of - especially those who attempt to raise their kids in one-parent homes. The prison system is clogged up with millions of thugs who really would have been better off as abortions.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This isn't a problem that the U.S., Europe and other developed nations need to solve. Their birthrate is already low. No, this squarely falls on developing nations like "chindia" with their billions of people, and latin america with their antiquated (catholic) views on birth control to deal with.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If your one who thinks the world needs population control, you are Wrong.

We have land, we have water, we have other planets.

We can build an underground city, we can build structures on other planets, we have millions of acres that aren't even being used.

Of course we don't see any of this because the powers the be on our world want us to live as dummies. The human race would be thriving throughout the solar system, But then again humans want to stay at war with each other because of skin color, appearances, and beliefs.

That's our solution though. It's there, we can do it, we have the technology, we can do anything we want.

There is No need to kill, or follow a scripture.

Differences need to be set aside. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

In reply
“We” is us, all of us, the whole human race, people. Please don't bring the mythical god into human things thats why we are in this mess, religion pretending they know what any omnipotent being a (god if you will) wants. If you have proof of any Gods I will except it and please no religious quotes or 6000 year old fables.
As requested the true and original meaning of Hell; “Burning garbage dump at the end of town” But because they thought sick people were cursed by evil they burned the bodies and So today its "Evil People Go To Hell and Burn” and like many myths it stuck and became enshrined in bible folklore. Modern myths as example You see the great wall of china from space BUT you cant that myth will never die its in many books movies as fact.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This isn't a problem that the U.S., Europe and other developed nations need to solve. Their birthrate is already low. No, this squarely falls on developing nations like "chindia" with their billions of people, and latin america with their antiquated (catholic) views on birth control to deal with.

I half agree with you. While I too feel that the United States, Canada, Western Europe, etc., are not to blame for this troubling problem, we can't exactly expect the backward people in the third world to suddenly start living responsibly and clean up the mess they've created for the rest of us. There's a reason we're able to maintain a healthy birthrate in the civilized world while the "developing" world (and it sure is taking them a long time to develop, isn't it?!) pumps out billions of children the world has no use for.

We finally have the technical know-how to efficiently and humanely sterilize entire populations pretty effectively. Instead of spending our money to give a meager amount of food to starving little backward people, we should spray massive doses of sterilizing chemicals into their air and water supply - heck, maybe even just put it in that food we've been giving them (although that is less effective because there's no guarantee they'll all eat the food, but we know they all have to breathe the air)!

We can even thin out the lower classes in our own country by creating a new "social" government program that provides separate foodstuffs to those on welfare, free or reduced price public school lunches, or enrolled in food stamp programs and the like, then provide them with chemically-laced food that causes sterilization. Once they attain a certain level of wealth, status and intelligence, they could pay for a medical procedure to reverse this process. After all, America is the land of opportunity and plenty of people reach great success from humble beginnings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join