It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control is Logical and Needed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

the only way i can think of that is human is to limit the amount of kids you can have to 2 or so..

i hear TPTB have major disease ready to go,but i hope they dont do it
video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Population control is needed, as you clearly pointed out.

But when you're in a camp with a gun to your head, will you change your mind?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Before I get "Flammed" here for what I am about to say, just take it as MY OPINION, I own it.

There are currently (2) things that will EMPTY the worlds population. (1) Man Made and (2) the other a Natural Event.

The man made event could consider WW3 - Nuclear War with the Middle Eastern Religious Zealots could diminish the population greatly if enough nukes are exploded around the world.

The Natural Event would be consided as a return of Nemesis/Nibiru shortly, which would cause untold natural damage throughout the world, literally destroying the majority of lives since the major portions of the worlds populations live on the coast lines of every continent.

Thanks !

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
To solve the problem of land for farmming, could we build sky-scrapers of hydroponic farms? Seems like we'd have the ability to do that by now.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Nature will likely find a way if man does not finish himself off in nuclear wars.

At some point in time overpopulation will lead to large scale malnutrition, starvation and rapidly spreading drug resistant diseases ultimately killing off millions... Then we should be good to go again for a while longer, or at least until the next war or plague.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Not sure why you think i'd flame you, i'm not the flaming type. I disagree though, nuclear war would cause the whole population to die, short of the few tucked away in bunkers,a nd those few aren't the people you want to set up a new world. As for nibiru, well i have no idea about that, ahvn't seen any real proof and so probably best left out of the discussion. The arguement proposed is that population control is needed via democracy, not that it's going to happen.

Population control is needed, as you clearly pointed out.

reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Camps? Guns pointed to heads? Obviously you missed my point. I do not want that kind of population control. I'm asking for a democratic response, the realisation of the public that logically this arguement is correct and we need to create laws to control sizes of families, or tax large families.

I do not want camps or another holocaust.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Knowing our government now days, the camp idea would most likely happen lol. But yeah, I don't know if I could still agree with a communist view of things. Every family being a certain size and so on.

I don't know, it just wouldn't work out and I think it'd be a huge disaster .

But what do I know? I believe in aliens.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I went to college at a primarily environmentalist school.
That was in the 1970s. One of my brilliant environmentalist friends did his thesis on herd population densitys and it's application to human populations. By all reckoning, humans had exceeded their maximum density several times over, way back then!

We are long past the point you suggest we are approaching.

We do indeed need to reduce populations world wide, and maintain them.
War and mass starvations, and pandemics, and mass sterilizations are not good options. However they are the default option.

The populations of the western world are the most diligent about this currently. The less educated of the world however see children as their retirement plan, and since death is rampant; many children are the order of the day.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

ImaginaryReality1984, have you had a vasectomy? If not, why.
Don't be a hypocrite now!!!
Don't expect from others what you aren't willing to do yourself.

There does need to be population control. Get started.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Only certain people should be getting a vasectomy.... I say to all the people who don't contribute anything to society should.... People who can't support a family in the first place.... People's whose main purpose is to reproduce without taking responsibility for it... I don't know the list goes on, let the weak, ignorant, and irresponsible die off that's what I say....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I believe that population control is important, however, I don't believe that we should be directly forcing people to have less children. In your example of the foxes and rabbits, population control is a natural occurence that is directly related to supply and demand.

If we were to apply this to humans, at some point overpopulated countries will reach breaking point. When this happens there will be mass starvation, disease, war and death. In order to maintain the natural population balance, as seen with foxes and rabbits, foreign countries cannot interfere. As bad as that sounds it's true, we don't go and feed the fox population when the rabbit population dwindles, and we also don't go and save the rabbits from been eaten by foxes.

Nature (including humans) is very adept at finding solutions to it's own problems, as long as it's not intefered with by external sources. This would probably also explain why aliens haven't contacted us yet (atleast mainstream society), they don't want to interfere with the natural order.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Population control has been encouraged in America since the Victorians embraced the philosophy of survival of the fitest. Before birth control almost all women in America either had a hysterectomy after their third child or before they reached forty. According to Margaret Sanger the rich culled their own numbers using abortion. Some American Indian activists believe that American Indian women are being sterilized after their third child. One thing is for certain in America it is rare to see a family with more than two children. The result of population control is a less youthful country,this inspite of the fact old people are dying quickly when they are put into nursing homes. With so few young people the food, the culture ,the music and everything else is in America is becoming bland and unattractive.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

There has to be population control when the majority of people are ignorant and cant sustain their own lives whithout the help of government how is it logical to think that they can repopulate 10 times over without disatourous negative effects on society. More intelligent cultures learned this long ago.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So people starve to death? So what? Its been happening for a billion years. All of nature has its ebb and flow - populations increase, populations decrease, creatures live, creatures die. Why should humans be any different?
See, its generally people who think we should control the human population that tend to be the same people who believe humans are above the natural order. You believe we are separate and distinct from the universe we live in. NEWS FLASH - population control is NOT the answer, EVOLUTION IS. Let us rape and pilliage, mate and multiply, live and go extinct. We are an experiment gone bad and its about time we were terminated. Nature will take care of us as nature cared for the dinosaurs - we will be brushed aside and a new order will take over. Why are you so obsessed with immortality?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker_1
So people starve to death? So what? Its been happening for a billion years. All of nature has its ebb and flow - populations increase, populations decrease, creatures live, creatures die. Why should humans be any different?
See, its generally people who think we should control the human population that tend to be the same people who believe humans are above the natural order. You believe we are separate and distinct from the universe we live in. NEWS FLASH - population control is NOT the answer, EVOLUTION IS. Let us rape and pilliage, mate and multiply, live and go extinct. We are an experiment gone bad and its about time we were terminated. Nature will take care of us as nature cared for the dinosaurs - we will be brushed aside and a new order will take over. Why are you so obsessed with immortality?

There is a conspiracy theory that some elites have immortality and probably also the ability to regenerate themselves so they appear younger than they are. If this were the case it would explain why so many powerful people do not want the less powerful procreating. There are not enough resourses on earth to sustain a few people who want to live forever.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i to think there will and should be a pop control there is know reason to have more than 4 at the most most would say two or three, not kill your first born kinda stuff but BIRTH CONTROL people for certain you welfare mothers and fathers poping them out for more money
anyway i feel when it gets to that we will have another planet to inhabit

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here's an example of population control;

Mass-Migration.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
mass migration ???by that do you mean like migrating across borders or like my people had to "migrate" on the trail of tears

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

That's the way to do it!

Now we're being constructive!

I don't mean mass-migration in the way you seem to think i mean it (although if things get out of hand...), but in the way that ensures that we are using the planet to it's full potential.

Right now, i'd hazard a guess that this planet can accomodate for nearly double what it currently accomodates, making that total figure about 14 billion - if we use the planet's space in a proper manner.

As such, we still have a reasonable amount of time in which to address the situation.

I'd give us another 40 to 50 years from now for us to attain that total, depending on what happens during that time.

So then, in order to attain that extended time period, we have to discuss possible locations for mass-migrations.

The thing is; There are man-made locations that we could create, thus ensuring we don't have to worry about the petty foreign policy issues - OR the population issue for many, many centuries to come, include subterrainian cities (which could infact increase the total number by well over 20 billion if done right i.e; we find a way to deal with earthquakes), underwater cities (a further 5 billion), and perhaps even a proper investment in orbital platforms (Which, if done correctly, could accomodate for astronomical total population figures).

Our technology can show us the way out of this mess, if we put our faith in it.

As it is, if we do not look for technological alternatives, we will reach critical mass in 40 years.

It may well be the case that war is not the greatest way for technological acheivements to occur.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nope i havn't, but that's just because i don't want anyone near my genitals with a sharp object, call me crazy
However no i won't be having kids, i love kids don't get me wrong but i wouldn't have my own for a multitude of reasons.
So yes i'm practicing what i preach, why don't you come up with a more constructive rebuke. Are you saying that the planet can have whatever level of population we want?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join