It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: USA is Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So you are the leader of the USA. You realise that oil won't last forever, nuclear power gives you cheap and relatively clean energy that could power your country for 300 years. So you start enriching uranium and making power plants.

Several countries step in, they tell you that you have no right to do such a thing, these countries have nuclear power themselves so you wonder what all the fuss is about and your citizens think the same. You continue enriching uranium, these countries put serious political pressure on you and give you a choice. Either stop enriching uranium and they will supply it, or face consequences.

So now you think it through, you would be reliant on countries who essentially hate you, if you ever disagree with what they're doing they can simply cut off your supply of uranium. You would be left without electricity with a populous that would hate you and suffer because of it. No power would result in many deaths.

Worst of all you are being told this by countries who already have nuclear power and nuclear weapons. The hypocrisy is amazing. These countries have enemies themselves but they are trusted with weapons of incredible power.

So ask yourselves, if the positions were reveresed and your country were facing a future of unclear electricity production, would you rely on uranium supplied by people that essentially distrust and dislike you. Or would you strive to get your own sources of energy?

I'm not a fan of Iran, really i'm not, however we cannot stop them gaining nuclear power, to do so would be utterly hypocritical of the UK, USA and other countries. I wouldn't trust another country to supply all of the UK's uranium needs if we went over to full nuclear power and if everyone thought it through and put yourselves in Irans position, you would accept their position.

Let them get nuclear power, let them enrich it, and just keep tabs on it, we have spies in such countries afterall, we would know if they started up a true weapons program.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But Iran has said they don't just want nuclear power THEY WANT NUCLEAR WEAPONS!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

I must have missed that news article, please link it. If Iran continued their enrichment program then we would be aware if they started using it for weapons. We would know if they started enriching beyond the small percentage needed for power and then we could intervene and probably have the support of a good portion of the world. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
But Iran has said they don't just want nuclear power THEY WANT NUCLEAR WEAPONS!!!

um....no....they didn`t

show us where iran has said this???
you won`t find it cause it was never said

new topics

top topics

join