It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and cats have psychic powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Although I am a skeptic on many things it has been proven to me time and time again that cats and dogs, maybe unlike humans, possess psychic powers. My dog and cat both go to the door 10 minutes before my dad comes home and it is not based on a schedule, as he comes back at different times. Whenever I am upset at any time in the house while hiding it, my dog comes to comfort me even though he usually hates being around me. There is a lot of evidence to suggest what I am saying is real. I've even seen a documentary about it even. What do you think of pets being psychic? Have any stories? Do you think there is anything to it? Why are they psychic?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
im not sure how, or why, i have three cats and two large dogs.... and as a caring owner i see things like this.......they start barking at the driveway before my wifes car can be heard,i dont know, just sometimes dogs and cats do weird things like that..but i have noticed.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well somethings are just based on their superior hearing and skills. My dogs used to start jumping on the bed exactly 3 minutes before the alarm went off. I don’t think they are psychic in that regard, they just have a really good inner clock.

Some are very in tune with the emotions of their humans. Some offer comfort, some want to leave the room (I had a macho Dobe that I was very close to, once in a lifetime dog, and if I cried he got so upset he wanted OUT of the room immediately, he would even sit in the furthest corner to get away from the drama. He didn’t want any part of that disturbing behavior, he lived a sheltered live but he knew high drama when he saw it).

They say animals communicate a lot with each other on a non-verbal, quite possibly telepathic level. I am always fascinated by the stories of animals reacting to supposed “ghostly” presences.

Great topic btw.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dogs and Cats advanced senses would make them psychic compared to us.
There smell and hearing.They hear and smell your dad coming home.
And your dog smells your being upset as fear.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I do belive that dogs and cats and all animals have instincts on things like when something bad is going to happen they start crying whineing and do all of this things.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Maybe a little bit off-topic, but I've had a weird animal experience today.

This morning I awoke to find that there was a kitten in our backyard meowing loudly at our back door, apparently for hours. No idea how it got there, why it chose our house, etc. It's female, it appears to be about 3 months old. It is fine around people but it really hates my dog.

Well the weird thing is that it's basically the most sentient-looking creature I've ever seen. Like I said, it hates dogs, but it's perfectly fine around all humans, even strangers.

Check it out:

i38.photobucket.com...

i38.photobucket.com...

This cat has no intention of leaving. We've been sitting outside with it all day, it just walks around our deck and sits in our chairs. Gave it some dog food and milk/water (it was super-hungry when we found it this morning).

Random encounter? Is it a lost/abandoned cat that just happened to find our house for whatever reason? Or could there be something more to this cat than we're seeing....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yarcofin she will get used to the dog (unless the dog continually chases her). They all freak out and hiss at dogs when they aren't used to them, but they get over it.

Not to take it off topic, but while cats will eat dog food if they are hungry it really isn't healthy for them. Dog food is not balanced, plus it has minerals and such that can give cats serious urinary tract problems.

If you don't have catfood, cooked chicken, beef, tuna out of a can, any form of plain meat without spices/weird flavoring or tons of salt will work in a pinch. Best to avoid pork though.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
im not sure its psychic, i dont know, its odd for us to put a word to a brand new sense which we dont know of. it might just be like a sense we dont have, like snakes have infra red. dogs n cats might have this sensitivity thing which makes them able to sense things in much finer details, like knowing when disasters are occuring. I dont think its psychic etc but yeah there is definately something going on. It doesnt have to be mysterious or weird tho, just a sense we dont have. thats nature!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

I agree their senses are often much better, and they can sense natural things that we can't.

But I also think they can possess psychic abilities. I do believe some people and some animals can sense ghosts and other supernatural type events. I think many adults don't have the ability because we don't want to see that stuff, and our minds are good at controlling our perception.

They say small children are also often much better at seeing things, like animals they have not made intellectual decision and trained their minds to ignore some things that "don't fit" into their world.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
this starts going into brains tho, and how much we use etc, how much animals use, would we ALL have the same senses if we all used all of our brains etc. im confused, good night!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic that has fascinated me. I had an incident with my yellow lab a few days ago while at a friends house.

My buddy has stated on several occasions that he thinks his house is haunted. He claims his wife is "sensitive" and is the one who is seeing everything. His wife is very level-headed, a professional, and in my opinion, would have no reason to BS...she's just not that way. Anyway, several nights ago, our town had a vicious thunderstorm where numerous trees were downed, and one of his trees fell onto his house. I stopped over to his place later that evening to take a look and took my dog with me. My lab is like all labs, won't leave my side...totally co-dependent.

We usually hang out in his garage while visiting, cuz we smoke cigarettes, and it's not allowed inside. Normally, my dog lays right at my feet while in there. This night, after the storm...my dog would NOT enter that garage. I had to literally drag it in there. Once there, he would immediately run back out. It was very odd, and completely out of character. His wife surmised that something had upset their ghosts, probably the storm damaged house. Anyway it was definitely a curious event.

I saw once a story of a University scientist that had a very unorthodox method of predicting earthquakes. He would monitor the lost and found ads for cats in the L.A. newspapers. When they would spike....sure enough, a quake would hit. It turned out his methods were more successful than all other earthquake prediction models.

Then, there's the stories of all the dogs, cats, and even elephants...running for high ground, hours before the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Indonesia several years ago.
Some unseen, unfelt force MUST be sensed by these animals. There's something to this.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Natural instinct? Animals may have an extra sense we humans have now lost. That i read in Daily Mail...mmm wait i found the article.

The weird world of mystic mogs and death-sensing dogs

I guess elephants, dolphins, whales to mention a couple are "wizards" in the animal kingdom then. My wife's little pooch sense her before she arrives from work, but i believe it is as said by someone else, great "internal clock".

They do sense things long before we can, thanks to their amazing smell and hearing sense. Imo they do pick up on "spirits" or the paranormal, but so do many humans, sad thing we just agree to ignore it.

Nice thread

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Good luck trying to prove it - hey, you might be able to get that cool 1 million if you manage to prove your kitty is psychic.

I believe that most animals - including humans - possess some level of E.S.P, and that denying this is a sure-fire way to denying your own spiritual and supernatural awareness.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with Boniouk06
all animals have like great senses that we dont
like those elaphants in that country. all these people were riding the elephants and right b4 the tsunami the elephants went crazy and ran up this hill and saved all the people. thats only coz they could sense it b4 we could.

ALSO about the pets that know our emotions i believe that because god has put animals as our servants/friends sorta thing and they know whats going on and everything if you get what i mean.
what im saying may not make sense to anyone here but in my mind it does lol

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Well the weird thing is that it's basically the most sentient-looking creature I've ever seen.

Since I believe in such things, it could be a reincarnation of someone you know.

Do you get that sort of feeling from this cat? Because sometimes people we love come back to us as cats to watch over us and help fill the void they left in our lives as people.

I know that is out there, but it is what I believe.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Years back when I lived in a house that was haunted, our dog would stare and bark in the corner of the bedroom, where the ghost often made it's presence. That lead us to believe she could observe the paranormal world as well. We did research in the area of the house and found there were no (electrical, animals in the attic, etc)disturbances to cause the noise/vision or what ever she had seen.

top topics

join