It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Year War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone else saw this yet but I did, I thought it was pretty funny. I sure am scared of a 100 year war with Venezuela (sarcasm).

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- President Hugo Chavez on Sunday vowed to freeze oil exports to the United States and wage a "100-year war" if Washington ever tried to invade Venezuela.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why did you post 3 times the same thread ?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Why did you post 3 times the same thread ?

Sorry, computer hiccuped.

Problem solved.

[Edited on 8/3/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's right. Canada is going to join Venezuala, then we'll have them on both sides. That should keep the U.S. busy for about 2 days.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
COOL HAND, imagine you are fighting battle vs. Venezuela in infantry troops. You'd have high chance of getting killed.
Its easy to watch death of human beings and watch war on TV as entertainment. But real people are being killed there.

If USA gets in war with Venezuela, Cuba would be on its side too, and possibly some other South American countries.
USA could win in theory but it would lose lots of money and people.
And remember, Venezuela is much stronger than Iraq at the time it was invaded (US knew they were almost defenceless).
Now if communist China allies with Venezuela and Cuba, there we have WW3.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Quote:
If USA gets in war with Venezuela, Cuba would be on its side too, and possibly some other South American countries.

Didn't see too many countries rallying around the flag in Central America 20 years ago when Regan was screwing with them. The rest just kept their heads down. As for Cuba, what are they going to do?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Don't you all see that there is civil unrest throught the world. This is World War III. So laugh all you want.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That's right. Canada is going to join Venezuala, then we'll have them on both sides. That should keep the U.S. busy for about 2 days.

Don't be so dismissive. Recall that we've been at war with Iraq for the best part of 6 months.

And they're not nearly as powerful as canada. Not to mention the fact that if war were to occur between the US and canada, it WILL be the first time since the civil war that US civilians have died as war casualties.

Venezuela isn't a country that doesn't pose a threat to the US. they're a huge oil exporter, so the US needs them on their side. Secondly, the territory of venezuela is very much harder to navigate than Iraq, what with rainforest, mountains and all that.

Basically, shut up. We don't need more war, especially with countries in our own hemisphere.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Quote from Loki:

Basically, shut up. We don't need more war, especially with countries in our own hemisphere.

Coming from a Fighter this is HUGELY disappointing.

The post was supposed to be satorical. I know the capabilities of our military. They are as well, or better, trained than the States. The fact that they are under-funded and ill-equiped is a shame on our government.

Dude either take a prozac or buy a buy a sense of humour. If you just took me wrong, please disregard that last sentence.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
COOL HAND, imagine you are fighting battle vs. Venezuela in infantry troops. You'd have high chance of getting killed.
Its easy to watch death of human beings and watch war on TV as entertainment. But real people are being killed there.

Well, since I am in the military I would probably be heading there next. Not that I am worried.

USA could win in theory but it would lose lots of money and people.
And remember, Venezuela is much stronger than Iraq at the time it was invaded (US knew they were almost defenceless).
Now if communist China allies with Venezuela and Cuba, there we have WW3.

I doubt Cuba will side with them since they could not afford to loose all the money that we put into them.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Its interesting if you read the story that Venezuela makes some conspiratorial like claims. Makes you wonder about an NWO connection if that exists, oh and BTW we would pretty much handidly beat S. America, look at the Falklands, we have twice as much fire power and are much closer to home than the UK.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The USA rarely needs to invade South American countries considering how unstable they are.
Normally, just throwing a bit of money and political support behind a protaganist is enough to get the job done.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Its interesting if you read the story that Venezuela makes some conspiratorial like claims. Makes you wonder about an NWO connection if that exists, oh and BTW we would pretty much handidly beat S. America, look at the Falklands, we have twice as much fire power and are much closer to home than the UK.

I think we have more than twice as much firepower.

We could proably just let cruise missiles do all the work on this one. No use putting any perfectly good aircraft at risk for this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What a joke most South American countries are just barely keeping a lid on their OWN country much less pose a problem to anyone else. Like someone else mentioned they would just lend some backing to the revolution of the week down there and that would be that.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The article says we get 15% of our oil from Venezuela. Petroleos de Venezuela is now producing 3.34 million barrels a day, including liquid natural gas. We don�t need to invade the country; we just stop buying their oil and watch them collapse to teach them a lesson. We shouldn�t let them openly threaten us in the media.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The USA rarely needs to invade South American countries considering how unstable they are.
Normally, just throwing a bit of money and political support behind a protaganist is enough to get the job done.

Don't forget were friends with Canada. And besides when we invaded Iraq did you see Iran or Canada or any European countries side with them, NO!!! But with George W. Bush in office war does seem iminent. So vote Democrat to stop another war. With the way Bush is oil crazy and all I think that there is some chance of war depending on how much attention it gets from the media.

new topics

top topics

join