It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you in the 13% of ATS members who...?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I bet the OP's IQ test comes back negative.........

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Don't join Mensa lombozo it's A cult. They kipnack you and force you to play chess and do weird thing like social engagements and stuff

Just say no to Mensa

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I took one of them new-fangled I.Q. Tests one time and it came back positive, now Im on penicillin and somethin' called valtrex(?)

Seriously though, I took an IQ test when i was younger and scored a 152!

That means Im smart enough to do this: ... and chew gum at the same time!! lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Every once in a while, an IQ thread comes along, and people get to try to boost thier egos...

It seems that the OP of the thread started this as a why to make gun of ATS members...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
It appears it less than 13% for the mods!

It post hear speek for self.
Me no no how to make speek good.

God.. I'll be glad when the kids are back at school.
Go learn something for chris's sake.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Isn't MENSA the group that sang "YMCA" and "In the Navy"?

Man you should see dyslexics do that dance..

"It's fun to stay at the .. X W K F"

Ever thought how many it takes to change a lihgtblub?

Me laugh coz me had it..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by lombozo
By the way. What does MENSA mean? I only have a low score of 148. Why do these MENSA people keep calling me? Are they bill collectors?

Isn't MENSA the group that sang "YMCA" and "In the Navy"?

But of course!!!
And the OP thinks he's a
MACHO MAN...

Oh you just knew I would do this...
cause the Indian is so freakin hot!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

"'It's fun to be at the M-E-N-S-A
It's fun to be at the M-E-N-S-A
Doin' puzzles and stuff
Bein' realy big and buff
Lovin' trigonometry and stuff
Thinkin' sleep is a gool
And our Mom's think we're cool
Einstein is painted on the bottom of our pool
It's fun to be at the M-E-N-S-A' "

LOL, HAHAHHAHAHAHA.

That was a classic one, lom.

Ok, that said, from what I understand, there are many different IQ tests out there.

Different ones have different scores meaning different things.

What I am saying is there is curently NO STANDARD for IQ tests.

Take from that what you will.

P.S. Ripping on mods may be fun/funny, however it will soon get you

As an offtopic suggestion, you may want to try posting BEFORE you:

:w:

P.S., AD, you DO know they were/are all gay, right???

[edit on 7/7/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yes Mon..I know they were all gay.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
149 which just goes to show that intelligence isn't everything!

My mum always says that commonsense is what you need in this world. Thats something I only have a bit of now and again

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
High IQ's dont get you anywhere but misunderstood. My IQ is 162. No lie.

When I was a kid they said that because of this it would make it difficult for me in school. They were right. I had horrible grades in school. Not because I couldn't understand what was being taught, I just didnt care. Nothing seemed to interest me at all. So I took up music and started to teach myself every instument I could buy till I went broke. The MENSA joke was funny, but try being 10 years old and having them visit you in the 5th grade. Not too cool. Needless to say, my parents declined and kept me in public school until I was 16, then I dropped out and got rich quick blew it all and started over. Oh well soon enough it will happen again.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

I didn't 'skip' the fifth grade because of what my family was concerned with; the effect it would have on my 10 month older brother who had to be held back a year. The age/grade juxtaposition was deemed something to avoid.

My high school GPA was 2.07....not because I didn't understand...but because I didn't give a rats anything about what I was being taught.

I ditched school to read William S. Burroughs....I am not kidding you. My favorite was the essay compilation.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

It is nice to know that someone can relate! I was always really into World Religions. I read the Bible and the Karan in middle school instead of participating.(got into lots of trouble for that) In high school I read the Encyclopedia of World Religions. I always loved the deep thought and poetry in almost every religious scripture.

I too am a fan of Burroughs, and I will leave you with my favorite quote of his. (actually applies here kinda) hope I get this right

-"In the U.S. you have to be a deviant or exist in extreme boredom... Make no mistake, all intellectuals are deviants in the U.S. "
William S. Burroughs, Yage Letters

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

Oh my I can see where you are coming from!

I started school at 4 years and 1 month, skipped the first class as I wanted to learn not play, I was really happy that year, even taught myself to play the piano. Following year they wouldn't let me go up to the next class as I would have been 2 years younger than my classmates!! This was 1962, don't know if they had ever heard of gifted children. ::shk: I was bored to tears repeating a year and became really withdrawn, so it was all down hill from then. At 10 I wasn't allowed to go to grammar school (a more academic school in the UK) as I was too good an artist so they figured I would be unhappy, I was already studying architecture with my uncle as thats what I wanted to be.
I ended up leaving school at 14, with no qualifications and I've spent most of my life thinking I was pretty dumb. Didn't do an IQ test till about 15 years ago and everytime I do one now I'm scared it'll be really low! There's confidence for you.

I suppose it didn't help that i've had bi-polar disorder all my life, undiagnosed till 18 months ago and I'm 50 now. Every time I went into one of my manic inventing modes I would just get 'oh she's just a bit eccentric cos she's an artist'! When I was young I was just considered a disruptive child.

Anyhow I've got over the resentment i've had that nobody noticed I was bright! HaHaHa doesn't sound like it does it! Well I thought I had till I read your post, damned IQ I wish I was stoopid!

Edit for spellin Doh!......

[edit on 7/7/2008 by A curious cat]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A curious cat

It really is more of a curse than anything. Life is strange and sometimes it takes a long time for us to figure out why we are a certain way. Some of us never will. But at least we have our sanity.

Peace, Love, and Laughter

JesterMan

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
reply to post by A curious cat

But at least we have our sanity.

Unfortunately there's been a few times where that has been in dispute! HaHaHa. You gotta laugh

I'm trying to make use of my brain these days and ATS and BTS are great for keeping the cogs turning.

Sleep is also an essential

Love to all =^..^=

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i have an iq of 118, with a ged. I was always taught your iq always stays the same but I would really like to see if it increases when I get a degree.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well, I took that iq test, and I'm pretty confused. I scored 118, and according to the op that puts me in a superior intelligence.

That test can't be accurate, cause I'm here to tell you, I'm dumber than a rock.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think all of the internet IQ tests are silly and bogus,

Go see your local head shrinker for a real one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join