It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs to wear 'Muslim' bootees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
More anti muslim prejudice and/or total incompetence from the 'authorities'

I'm sure they pay someone ££££££££s a year to think up every more bizarre ideas which will serve only to turn normal folk against muslims .....

How many muslims have pets? how many of those pets wear bootees? 'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think this is extremely silly ... but whatever. It's not my country. They can do what they want. When all this appeasement comes home to roost it'll be interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
oh groan.
How can we Brits be seen to have any integrity when we constantly allow cultural preferences to over ride or hinder the law?

If a house is being searched there will be good reason for it and a whole heap of documentation supporting it. For this period of time the house is no longer an inner sanctum, it is potential evidence.

“In Islamic law the dog is not regarded as impure, only its saliva is.

How kind! So we no longer worry about saliva when the dog wears shoes? This is just another attempt at manipulating the system using religion...a diversionary tactic which will not alter the outcome.

Would they complain if the dog dragged its butt across the floor, afterall it would not be regarded as impure.

I dispair of the wide birth we give to alternative cultures.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have family that have sniffing dogs on the police force. I can tell you right now there is no way you would have the time to put on booties. Some of you make it sound like the persons house being searched have invited the cops over for tea! Usually a search consists of the tac team breaking in the front door with a warrent and 15 -20 officers making their way through the house. At that point I don't think that anyone is worried about a dogs paws when guns are drawn. Why do we do so much to protect the criminals. The legality of getting a search warrent is hard enough so when the cops get one they have a very strong reason for it. The houses my family members have had to search the cops themselves would like booties as well as space suits they are so filthy.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Although we do have armed units, generally our Police would not search a premises with guns drawn. Their weapons are the asp/night stick, their number, their voices and the dog. Hopefully there is nobody at home with a gun. If there is, lets hope the bootie wearing dog distracts the gunman for just long enough......

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Maybe the police should invest in pig skin booties. They would be much more durable and not wear as fast as say cotton booties. That would be really funny.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My personal religious beliefs require that no female dogs enter the premisis, and that all male dogs must wear a comdom at all times.
I certainly hope that the authorities will keep this in mind!

The dog must first be cleansed in a bath of milk and rose petals, and then doused liberally in Channel Number 5. All fur must be shaved down to the skin.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong but arn't muslims also offended if someone wears shoes into the house?

how will putting booties on the dogs remedy the situation when your exchanging one insult for another?

also will the british special weapons and tactics units have to do dynamic entries with bare feet or will they also be given special halal booties? ROFL

this is more absurditites from england or has this stupidity infected the other members of the UK.

Muslims know what the laws and cultures are when they migrate to the western countries they should either accept it or not move there.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

I think you are missing the beauty of the special treatment that Islamic people are being showered with so that they won't think we loath and detest them, like we know their religion demands they do of everyone else.

We need to tap into that profound paradox and get some of that better treatment from our governments for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

your thinking of Japaneese there were its
a insult if you were shoes in the house.

also most people ask guests to remove their shoes before entering their house
aka leave their shoes in the hallway.

also you are mixing up the fact the only time police ever were plastic to cover
their shoes is when they raided that mosque,
not a Muslim house.

i wont explain the dog part again as some people have started making retarded replies

also i would really like to know the special treatment we get
because over the past 22 years i havent got any special treatment being a muslim, if i am suppose to get special treatment i should really send a letter of complaint to the autorities

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

i beg to differ
my daughter and son-in law are Muslim. Muslims find it very offensive for someone to wear shoes in their home.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

and?
my friends are none muslim and they find it offencive when someone weres shoes in their house.

infact a mojority of people i know muslim and none muslim ask people to remove their shoes.

what does being muslim have to do with wanting people to keep their dirty shoes off ones carpet?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Alright everyone, let us all move to some middle east nation and say that they should ban Sharia/muslim laws. Would they even give a #!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Is multiculturalism going to far??

Do you ever wish all religions would just go away so we can just be humans??

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Agreed.

The problem I have with this is that if we were in their country of origin they'd chop our heads of for something like that.

Stupid

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Solution : invent a religion, add a lot of strange practices to it, then sue anyone who disrespects you.
Tell them you climbed a mountain and had a revelation, show them that they can't prove you wrong and because they believe other people's "supernatural" problems they should also listen to you

With all this I am not an atheist :

Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and Demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and Its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, Even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and Bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and For the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, The fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts Are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes They weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again In a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Tecumseh - Shawnee-(1768-1813)

www.greatdreams.com...

I mean if you let others dress their dogs as they wish because of their religion, they should let you do the same. Accepting others does not mean you accept them to do whatever they want to you

[edit on 7-7-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

depends ur in India and most people from India are in the Middle east
doing their dirty work, (cheap labour) so most of you guys have already moved there

no offence

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
Maybe the police should invest in pig skin booties. They would be much more durable and not wear as fast as say cotton booties. That would be really funny.

Wow.... Eric Cartman has found a home on ATS.

Hasn't there been a couple of threads recently about the Muslim and Dogs issue? And so what, they put some little boots on the dog.... similar boots to the type used by rescue dogs (and apparently by the US army Canine Unit all over the world). Also, the casual racists amongst you should be happy that the sniffer/police dog won't lose it's grip on the Kitchen lino whilst pursuing the (no doubt guilty) evil foreigner!

As for the goons going on about the "English" losing control of their nation, when exactly did this happen? Whan the Romans invaded? Or was it when the Celts wiped out the Picts? Or the arrival of those beastly Saxons..... and then the French.

Unsurprisingly this thread has gone the way of many others on the subject of Islam.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join