It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs to wear 'Muslim' bootees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sniffer dogs to wear 'Muslim' bootees

www.timesonline.co.uk

Police sniffer dogs will have to wear bootees when searching the homes of Muslims so as not to cause offence.

Guidelines being drawn up by the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) urge awareness of religious sensitivities when using dogs to search for drugs and explosives. The guidelines, to be published this year, were designed to cover mosques but have been extended to include other buildings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is multiculturalism going to far??

Do you ever wish all religions would just go away so we can just be humans??

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You gotta respect people's beliefs. It's not exactly a big investment or trouble to do this.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Dog can do its job and no one gets his feelings hurt. It is a good compromise. Going head to head is not always the best option.
Mutual respect can help different societies to coexist.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am not Muslim, but I am still offended. Doggie booties isn't going to stop the dog from slobbering all over the place.

And what about those dirty pigs? Keep them out of my house too!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What the? Dog Booties?

Imagine if the police went into a muslims home, with a police dog wearing dog booties. The dog had a bad stomach that day and left a huge brownie on their carpet LOLLAGE

This is getting way beyond stupid now, are the police going to cater for my belief? "I believe that I am innocent officer... please dont search my home, it offends me"

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow...
Just another example of how the brits dont have thier game together...

They are getting bossed around in thier own country... pathetic...

The sad part is, most Westerners treat thier dogs bettern then most muslems treat thier WOMEN!!!

THis is yet anohter example of how some muslems are simply incompatable with modern western culture...

and peaceUK, is that a joke? Its quite a big investment, and quite a bit of trouble... here in the US, muslems are demanding that we have foot-baths in our airports... and some 'compasionaate' libs EVEN took tax payers money, to build them a nice footbath... spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, just to build a little footbath in the airport... mind you, no other religions has religous buildings in ANY airports, but our idiot politicans used tax payer money, just to try to satisfy a couple of 7th century throwbacks...

There are many muslems who thrive in america, particliarly the women, who no longer are under the constaints of Shiria Law... but then again...

Your in the UK, and we know there is no england anymore, and your country has already said they would be accepting of shiria law... ah, ok, you can have your multi-culturalism, and make sure you put your sister/mother/duaghter in a burqa... and dont you let them walk out of the house without a man, that is a huge offense, you cant let a lowly woman walk alone, the religious police will have to arrest her...and give her some lashes, so she knows that she shouldnt be seen with her male overlords....

You want multiculturalism, buy the ticket, take the ride, and turn your nation into something that resembles the thrid world hell-hole those people left...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"Police sniffer dogs will have to wear bootees when searching the homes of Muslims"
I think they are dreaming....
Since when have you ever known a cop, who's "SEARCHING" someones house, (drugs guns body's) to care less about there feelings?

You're cupboards are going on the floor Mohamed!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

firstly is muslims not muslems

anyhow, i wouldnt let anyone were shoes on my carpet
so what makes people think i would be happy with a dog walking around,
unless of course the dogs paws are dirt free.

they walk around in mud and other rubbish.

bring in the firing squad

i bet even none Muslims would perfer this aswell insted of having their carpets ruined.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

as you can see by most people on ATS
mutual respect means jack all. all they can do is shout some crap about how
its all PC and how its going to effect them even so its not even going to effect them at all

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
sry... im a bad speller

I mean, i realy am...

So its not muslem, its muslim...

like moo-slim... not Muh-slam... but moo-slim... got it

sry bodrul, im a phonetic speller... i spell things how i think they sound....

[edit on 7/6/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

how mature of you

i know its less then a sentence

edit

nice edit and add on

sry bodrul, im a phonetic speller... i spell things how i think they sound....

i didnt say ur a bad speller (im proberly worse)
doesnt really mean you should take the piss like you have

[edit on 6-7-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
do the cops have to wear booties too?
theres squished bugs, and traces of urine , feces on the bottom
of everyones shoes.
the dogs feet are cleaner than the cops shoes.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

in most cases they cover the shoes in Plastic covers,
that way they dont bring in the crap on their shoes,

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Wow...
Just another example of how the brits dont have thier game together...

Brits have got their game together better than the yanks.Trust!

Have you ever been to California or NY? Places where there are sizeable muslim communities in US are also catered for very well.

Muslim women don't have a problem with their lives,so why is it people like you come in and start your own BS about how muslim women are treated?Many muslim women in the west chose to wear burqa even though they have the freedom,so tell me whose forcing them to do that?
If you think women participating in immoral activites is real freedom,than you might have to think again...

Its funny how you cry about tax money going on a little footbath but not billions and trillions invested in illegal wars.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

got to love it how the yanks
look at england and try and put things out of preportion, they come up with some links and think they know more then the people that live here,

yet they have the bloody nerve to tell us when we say anything about the US that they know more as they live there

what a bunch of jokers

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Tell me about it. One day, we'll have to do a reconquista of Britain's common sense.

I don't know why we can't just say "tough, don't like it, its not our problem" to them, because if they don't like it, it shouldn't be our problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
this is pure bull$6177 the british people should not have to bend a$$ over backwards to please a few muslims they are in britain they should learn to live by british laws. wake up england put the queen back in charge make her work for hyer crown. i can see it now hay wilf wait a minute before going in looking for explosives i got too put scotties booties of his little feet.
what a moronic policy.either stay in muslim lands and follow muslim rules or embrace british culture and laws its should be either or not both. and i believe that christ and mohammad would both cringe in disgust at the atrocities committed in there names.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Ummm.. I live in the largest Muslim comunity in the world outside the ME.
Dearborn michigan . .
We have no laws like this here . And i highly doubt it would be considered .

But like most laws . Lack of interest . Can sometimes let a law slip through . The fact that everyone assumes that others will vote against it . So in turn they forget about it . Till it passes and its law.

Personally it don't matter to me . If the dogs are in your house . And your biggest concern is your carpet . You probably have nothing to worry about. (Or maybe you do who knows)

Besides that . Im a firm believer in . If you move to someplace . You respect there views and culture . Now i can see them making a public commitment to "try" .
But signing this into law is absurd. Whats next . All women need burqa? or there executed?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

you seen the prices of carpets

cost a small fortune,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join