It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The buck doesn't stop here; it just keeps falling

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The buck doesn't stop here; it just keeps falling

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Things in the U.S. sure are tough. Brother, can you spare a euro? Signs saying "We accept euros" are cropping up in the windows of some Manhattan retailers. A Belgium company is trying to gobble up St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch, the nation's largest brewer and iconic Super Bowl advertiser.

The almighty dollar is mighty no more. It has been declining steadily for six years against other major currencies, undercutting its role as the leading international banking currency. The long slide is fanning inflation at home and playing a major role in the run-up of oil and gasoline prices everywhere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just relax, everything is fine, there is nothing to worry about, all this fearmongering for nothing, it's just a phase. Isn't that what you told us?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The National, which is owned by the Abu Dhabi ruling family, reported Sunday that the UAE is calling on all six Gulf Cooperation Council member states to "rethink" their monetary policy amid soaring inflation in the oil-rich region.

www.jpost.com...

This is the next hammer to drop on the dollar. Look for the Blockade of Iran to be passed by Congress next week.

(3) demands that the President initiate an international effort to immediately and dramatically increase the economic, political, and diplomatic pressure on Iran to verifiably suspend its nuclear enrichment activities by, inter alia, prohibiting the export to Iran of all refined petroleum products; imposing stringent inspection requirements on all persons, vehicles, ships, planes, trains, and cargo entering or departing Iran; and prohibiting the international movement of all Iranian officials not involved in negotiating the suspension of Iran's nuclear program; and

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

This actually has nothing to do with stopping Iran's nuclear ambitions. It is all about stopping Iranian oil from hitting the interntional market. Look what we did to Iraq when Saddam refused to buy American debt and trade his oil in Dollars.

[edit on 7/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I realize that. What I was saying is that the War preps will be escalating as the Economy is tanking. A diversion.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No, I figured you knew that, I just wanted to be sure it was clear for other readers.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Without giving out too much detail, this F of July weekend was the worst I have ever seen business wise. This is not cool.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
with the imperialist policies of the evil US empire at its helm , the USA is doomed to collapse like the Roman empire

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
with the imperialist policies of the evil US empire at its helm , the USA is doomed to collapse like the Roman empire

All civilizations collapse.....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

There is no doubt about it. There is no relief valve and we are coming in for a "Crash" landing. I want to share a post I wrote last year, which unfortunately still applies today.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A weak American apology

I want to apologize to my international friends for the behavior of my country. I want to apologize for the scourge that my country has become across this planet. I want to apologize for my past complacency to the actions of this rogue Government. I want to apologize for my inaction and that of my countrymen which has led to the senseless death of the peaceful populations of this world, Men, Women, and children. I want to commit my life and hope that my brothers and sisters will join me to undo the wrongs that we have allowed unchecked for far too long. I want you to know that for myself I have no intention of stopping within the borders of my own country. It is time we take a world view when it comes to the human rights of all men, women and children of this world. My country has brought oppression to the peoples of the world and I bear the burden of undoing wrongs done. Today is the fourth of July. I will honor the deaths of far better Men than myself who have paid the ultimate price that others might breathe free air. Today I dedicate to the eventual liberty of the World whole. I do believe we will have a one world governance. A one world governance under our Creator. May no man wield power over another. I love you my Brothers and Sisters around the world. Today I dedicate to you.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The plot thickens...

I find it highly interesting. Although I may be looking too deeply into the situation, but with all that's been said and done regarding the dollar over the last 7 years, things have made me ponder some possibly unusual evens.

Firstly we have all that gold that dissappeared from under thw twin towers. That was a lot of Denari.

Then you have the US government continuously asking for more dollars to keep the war in Iraq going.

The, a few hours ago, StephenF started this thread in the breaking news section, UAE to cancel $7bn of Iraqi debt

A few hours prior to this, I started a thread regarding Iraq paying $360m dollars of debt to Bulgaria in cash.

Just where is the dollar going? Where has Iraq suddenly got all this money from? Why is the general cost of living increasing (particularly oil). Is the dollar making its new home in Iraq?

Many millions of lives are becoming worthless, whilst the bankers, governments and oil companies continue to grow and become ever more flush with money. Millions have died in Iraq for a cause that is an abuse of nature in all its glory. the rape and pillage of the planet and humans for the sake of black gold, money and control.

Something is most definitely wrong, and it can only be wrong through design. There has to be a deliberate attempt to undermine certain areas whilst bolstering up others.

We all know how some arab states are in bed with the US/UK governments and it may just be possible that Iraq will be the hub of the middle east.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hold on to your butts...

That's all I gotta say

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
just curious, how was business this last weekend up or down for you?

and do you think it will effect your future thinking?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by 38181]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Why buy American dollars when you can make your own?

GAO/GGD-96-11:Counterfeit U.S. Currency Abroad: Issues and U.S. Deterrence Efforts

I mean theres no point in selling oil for dollars cause other countries can just make their own dollars.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

This actually has nothing to do with stopping Iran's nuclear ambitions. It is all about stopping Iranian oil from hitting the interntional market. Look what we did to Iraq when Saddam refused to buy American debt and trade his oil in Dollars.
[edit on 7/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

I believe this to be true.. I have always said the war in Iraq was more then just "oil" .. though it played it's part.. I firmly believe the war in Iraq was a last resort to save our economy.. I don't think it worked. Well, it did. For a while. What are we to do now?

I would rather fight and die in a desert to grant my children and everyone else's children in America the same right to grow up in a happy, peaceful nation like I did..

I would gladly assault the world to keep our way of life..

I hope our government and our people realize this to.. self preservation, above all us, is a must!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Actually, this is just the beginning. What we are seeing now is the death of Republic, and the establishment of Empire, just like in Roman history. Hope the world likes apple pie and country music.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well, that's a little beside the point I think. Counterfeiting will always be a problem with any currency. The real point is that oil literally is black gold, it's what sets the value of the dollar. A weak dollar means you will need a lot more of them to buy oil products.

How do you weaken the dollar then? Flood the market with cheaper oil traded in a different currency.

How do you guarantee a US invasion. Refuse to buy US debt to prop up the dollar, refuse to sell in dollars, and refuse to be a part of the price-fixing set by the World Bank and the IMF. Do you really believe that the Saudis are setting the price of oil? Not when they're trading in dollars folks.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Similiar analogy is brougth forth in the Lindsey Williams video "The Energy Non-Crisis" Where he states that Iraq, Iran, Russia didn't go with the American Dollar in 68' when Kissenger made a deal with the Saudi's.
He also states that Iran is stock piling oil and will flood the market to collapse the dollar. Again this video is from 06'

Can some explain the scenario of flooding the world market with oil to collapse the dollar?

Thanks!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Scary way to put it, but I can't say that you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

This thread may be of interest to readers here, and contains video...

Revelations of Big Oil Chaplain Lindsey Williams...You Pay National Debt at the Pump

[edit on 7/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join