It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Crime UK - What's going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
5 Arrested For Teenage Murder

What the hell is going on here?

Teenagers stabbing other teenagers with knives! What's so strange about that?

It's claimed to be an epidemic, and it really has gotten out of control.

* An epidemic? Out of control? Just 14 deaths in an city of between 11 and 15 million people? I should think it would be a lot worst. Specially in some of London's neighborhoods...

What do you guys reckon is going on here?

* Media with papers to sell and news time to fill on TV. I don't see any major drifts in the normal crime statistics, what I see is a lot of tabloids, and bad TV news shows, blowing this occurrence way out of proportion. The same thing that happened with the Welsh Suicide Pacts and Maddie's alleged abduction.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by NorthWolfe CND]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How do you battle something like that?

By finding the mentality that opposes it and exhibiting it wherever you can.

Which, unfortunately, makes you a pretty damn good target for a good ol' knifing.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If you want my opinion - the people who use knives, guns, forks, or lies against other people are all exhibiting the same thing;

Personal Facism, except it's not "You don't agree with us, therefore you are wrong" - it's;

You don't agree with ME, therefore YOU are wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck

In the Uk guns are hard to get ..unless you know someone that knows someone,,,but a knife can be picked up in the kitchen or bought on the interenet..
( I think a lot of that "Gangsta " culture came from the good ole US OF A ..) But its here...and these kids are breeding kids with even less morality..

Is there a solution...yes of course there is..but that takes time..it took time to get to this stage and it will take generations to get out of this..

There is not the rescources to give an an alternative ..and the people and politicians do not have the guts nor intelligence..to stamp this out...

Good points
I thought that knife crimes would be linked to the difficulty of acquiring a firearm too.
The culture that glorifies the lifestyle of narcotics, malinvestment, and violence does seem to come from the USA- Darn lack of regulation.

The solution to violence I think is unachievable through modern methods and it would take a very authoritarian government to quell the majority of violence and who really wants that?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantwara

...long sentences applied harshly against those that cross a line.

The only thing that longer sentences does is raise taxes. No sense disarming the bomb after it's already gone off. When people are happy, they don't commit crimes.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Take my guns, my knifes, all bust out my fork

I saved a kid's life one night by getting in the middle of things while four escapees were breaking 40oz bottles of beer over his head and stomping on him. (Lucky for him it had been light out from the first strike.)

So I said something like, "get the hell away from my car," which was parked in the driveway of the apartment building where this happened. Stupid me, I hadn't bothered to pick up any sort of weapon coming out of the apartment.

Of course, next thing I know I'm on the ground being stomped. Got my jaw dislocated so bad that it still locks up and pops more than a decade later. So there I am, a bit panicked, waiting for the police to show up, and watching a few of the neighbors watching me get my head stove in.

So I think to myself, "you need to do something, fast, make an example of one of these pricks." These weren't small guys mind you. After the police did get there, one of them actually kicked the back door off the hinges of the cruiser they had him in.

What I did was this: I dragged one of them down to my level and used him as a bit of a shield for a second. He was squirmin' around a bit, but was facing away from me. I reached around, and with all the force of two fingers, I pulled his eyeball out of his head and left it dangling there on his cheek. The beating stopped, with sights and sounds that I will leave to you to imagine.

In short, there are always weapons. Unfortunately for the average law-abiding citizen, they are not skilled enough experienced enough or clever enough in the fighting arena, to defend themselves from real criminals. That's why civilians should be armed. The ingenuity is already taken care of, so that they can focus on doing their jobs and raising their families.

[edit on 7/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

The solution to violence I think is unachievable through modern methods and it would take a very authoritarian government to quell the majority of violence and who really wants that?

I certianly don't want that, but there is another way. Get M.A.D. Mutually assured destruction. Got us through the Cold War after all, so it's proven to work. Arm everyone to the teeth, and tell them that if they commit murder, not only will they be killed but their parents and children as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boniouk06
giving everyone a gun? thats a bit silly. there is still some crime which is just holding up a shopkeeper u know... that wud instantly turn into a murder coz of the criminal knowing that the shopkeeper had a gun (he wudnt mess about, he wud just fire straight away), i dont think thats it at all.

Throughout history there have been bad people. so i dont think you can stop bad people from existing and wanting to cause trouble. SO identigy them, and lock them away.

Absolutely. Give everyone a gun. Everyone is born with two fists, and you can easily kill someone with your bare hands. Your hands are a potentially deadly weapon, just like a gun. If you won't kill someone with your fists, you won't kill someone with your gun, either. The key is gun education. If everyone is exposed to a gun at a very early age and taught proper usage and safety, there wouldn't be any gun fear and gun accidents would be minimized. It's not silly at all. The key is education.

As for the "instantly turning into a murder" reference, the criminal in almost all cases WOULDN'T rob the shop since he knows the shopkeeper and all the customers in the store were packing. It would be a suicide mission. If the criminal gets killed in the process, I say good. One less scumbag we have to deal with, and no BS money wasted in the legal system, either. Cheap, efficient justice.

You won't stop bad people from causing trouble. That's why I'm all for guns for people. Since bad people will ALWAYS cause trouble, the good people should have to protect themselves. That way, the bad people are the ones being killed, not the good people. Everyone owning a gun HURTS BAD PEOPLE and HELPS GOOD PEOPLE. Some of you guys let your fear override your common sense.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
guns dont kill people.
do you blame the fork for you being overweight.
laws against guns only give the criminals unarmed victims.

give everybody guns and see how fast the crime rate drops.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If you go over to the violent alien attack thread you will see they are all in the UK and 2. that they are all knife fetishists in that thread. literally posting pictures of the knives they own and name, and how they seem to be extremely proud of stabbing a creature without first knowing what it was even doing...scary behaviour. im not against the Uk or anyone from the UK but this thread there has opened up my eyes to how many knife loving ...err people there are there that use it as an excuse for defence when they arent bothering to think first properly...in my OPINION.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

5 Arrested For Teenage Murder

Yet another teenage stabbed to death here in London. The question I want to ask is:

What the hell is going on here?

Me and my dad talk about this a lot; what we reckon the causes are etc, and it is really hard to pin it down. I live in London myself (and I know it's happening all over Britain), but we've already had 13 knife murders this year just in London, with recently 4 deaths in 4 days.

It's claimed to be an epidemic, and it really has gotten out of control. Knife crime is now the number one concern for Met police - it has even overtaken terrorism.

What do you guys reckon is going on here?

The Uk has banned guns, disarmed its citizens, removed thier right to self defense, and oficially reccommended that in the event of a home invasion you should run rather than protect your home or family.
What the heck did you fools expect?

As far as I am concerned, you people are getting exactly what you deserve.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Bare with me here, I'm not new to this site, been lurking for a while now, but felt urged to join in with the conversation, having done some googling to delve a little deeper into trying to find some factual statistical data.

In my search, I found something rather interesting and a little unsettling!

Before I proceed with my findings, I'd like to express my opinion regarding how I see things as they stand, as well as how I foresee the way we are heading, not only as a nation, but I see this as something that may roll out across the globe.

Ok, well I'm not gonna sit on the fence here, But I'm a firm believer that there are some sinister goings on. N.W.O. related, Orwellian police state scenarios and the need for governments to intervene by drumming up fear among it's citizens, etc, etc...

I Have seen and read many things that lead me on this trail of thought and I know I'm not alone on this and I'm also aware that there are people that laugh this off as just another bogus Conspiracy Theory and all that crap.

So anyway, despite what I've claimed regarding my belief in the aforementioned statement:

I'd like to present something that could potentially lend some weight to it, or maybe not, I'll let you lot decide!

Well, anyway, I decided to try to find statistics, regarding crime figures for here in the UK! The result can be found here:

www.crimestatistics.org.uk...

You'll notice something immediately regarding it's contents, I shall say no more, so you can take a look and decide for yourselves. It could be me stretching a little here with this, but it could back up my statement, regarding NWO and all that other stuff.

Some kind of cover up? perhaps!

So yeh, please be forgiving of me here, as I say this is my first post here (ever) though have been lurking on and off for some time now

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Damn, can't get this post right!!!
Sorry for everything being seen as a quote, only the ones with the * are my answers...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
No one is going to rob a Dunkin Donuts if they know the 15 people in line are packing a semi-auto handgun.

I see.

So armed robberys and gun murders don't happen in the USA, huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
The Uk has banned guns, disarmed its citizens, removed thier right to self defense, and oficially reccommended that in the event of a home invasion you should run rather than protect your home or family.
What the heck did you fools expect?

As far as I am concerned, you people are getting exactly what you deserve.

This "fool" expects that, had these idiots had guns, they'd probably have shot each other, and possibly taken a few more people out as well in the process.

Theres a reason for that, and thats because they are idiots.

Much safer that, huh?

UK law allows for the use of force to protect person and property as need be. What it didn't allow was a man shooting a teenager in the back as he left the property.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

So armed robberys and gun murders don't happen in the USA, huh?

Sure they do, we just have the right to protect ourselves when it happens. It also happens less, per-capita than in the UK. As an example I live in florida which passed CCW laws back in 78, when florida had one of the higest crime rates in the country. Now we have one of the lowest, and since we passed our "castle laws" they have declined even more.

Originally posted by neformore

This "fool" expects that, had these idiots had guns, they'd probably have shot each other, and possibly taken a few more people out as well in the process.

Perhaps, or perhaps had a law abiding citizen who was armed been near, it might never have happened.

Theres a reason for that, and thats because they are idiots.

Much safer that, huh?

Oh I agree, its much safer for criminals when thier victims are unarmed.

UK law allows for the use of force to protect person and property as need be. What it didn't allow was a man shooting a teenager in the back as he left the property.

Kinda hard to "use force" when any object that could provide that force, has been outlawed. Furthermore, in my country, when criminals are breaking into a home, or leaving, and told to stop, the refuse to do so at thier own peril. Thats why we dont have nearly as many assualts, muggings, home invasions, etc, as in the UK. Our people havent allowed themselves to be castrated by thier government. Like I said before, you fools are getting EXACTLY what you deserve, and I hope it continues. I hope that it gets worse, I hope it gets so damn bad that you people will be seen as a shining example of what not to do for centuries to come. It wont happen of course, because you all be Dhimmi within 20 years. But then that too could be solved by arming your populace.

Remeber these words cause your gonna need them skippy.

"Take whatever you want, please just dont hurt me"
They still will, but at least after begging like a dog you'll feel like you did something.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just would like to bring attention the articles in today's paper:

Cameron: I'll jail all knife carriers Just to further the discussion, here's a few of today's related articles.

Body Armour For Public Over Knife Fears

and guess what?
Today yet another person stabbed and killed in London:

Man killed after being 'repeatedly' stabbed

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

I wonder, is there some object that man could have brought to this knife fight, that would have given him an advantage over his attackers?
hmmmmm.

First it was guns, then swords, now knives, sooner or later they are gonna have to outlaw sticks and rocks as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

I'm very anti-violence, but I have to say, allowing the nation to arm themselves with guns would be the perfect solution to this problem. It's not just knife crime that's haunting this society, but the whole culture of these people willing to kill eachother. There's not one day you can look in the paper where you don't see new reports about 'yobs' and 'hoodies' displaying anti-social behaviour, and to be real, a lot of hard working people with families are terrified by this, as they have no real way of defending themselves against it. If these citizens were allowed guns, the fear factor would go way down and we could start taking back the streets.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
violent crime does seem to come in bursts. Here in Australia there have been about 5 cases lately of starving babies to death, father/children murder suicide, an old man killed his wife, 2 grandchildren with an axe then fractured his daughters skull but she got away... and 2 other families who have had their kids removed due to severe neglect!

I have no idea why these things happen in spurts. I was wondering if it was an environmental change perhaps affecting us somehow... some sun flares or something who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join