It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family in Up-State NY had a sighting last night (7/5/08)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well I will be keeping an eye out here in Buffalo, I just got back from camping at Chateaqua Lake, NY (sp) I spent alot of time on the 5th staring at the stars....especially the big dipper...unfortunately I did not see this. I will be keeping my eyes open and keep this updated.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
To clarify on what we saw:

We saw the lights in the early hours of the 5th. (Right around 1:00 a.m.)

The sky in my area, during the time in question, was clear with no light polution. (we live about 3 1/2 hours west of Albany)

I saw these lights with my own eyes, as did my husband. Our friend was also watching them while speaking to us on the phone.

As I said before, we are 100% certain they were not fireworks.

IMO, they were not aircraft. We live near an airforce base & I've seen/heard these numerous times before.

IMO, the lights I saw were far to high & far to bright to be small hot air ballons. I've only seen these once before, so I admit I could be mistaken on this one)

Now I'm certainly not saying that these were ufo's, but with the list of things we believe they were not ruling out so many possibilities, we were forced to admit we were stumped.

All we can be certain of is that they were things, or a collection of things, that neither myself or my husband had ever seen before. I found this odd because my husband enjoys the night sky & spends hours staring up at it. (This was the first time he was unsure of what he was looking at.)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Well I will be keeping an eye out here in Buffalo, I just got back from camping at Chateaqua Lake, NY (sp) I spent alot of time on the 5th staring at the stars....especially the big dipper...unfortunately I did not see this. I will be keeping my eyes open and keep this updated.

-Kdial1

Thanks for keeping your eyes open. My husband is curious about it all & wanted someone else input on what it was we saw. Maybe with you being so close to us, you may get to see them. (If they decide to to reappear in the near future)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They will most likely appear next 5th of July or 4th possibly.....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated6
They will most likely appear next 5th of July or 4th possibly.....

I am not ruling out them being those lanterns, but IMHO, I don't believe they were.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnesotawreckingcrew

Anyone else live in the area?

Overall partly cloudy with a fifty-percent chance of swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I was given a warning by a forum staff member because of this thread?

FOR WHAT?????!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minnesotawreckingcrew
When you post threads and stories on here that's fine. But when people dissect the story and it doesn't add up, don't get upset about it.

Would you care to explain how it doesn't add up? The weather at 7:30pm on July 5 in Guilderland NY was clear.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

This is just to answer the questions the OP asked.

You were warned for calling me a pri**. I didn't warn you, I can take it. Your FAA investigation doesn't add up, to answer your question. What did they say when you called them?

I thought that you weren't comming back into this thread? You basically said that you were taking your ball and going home.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am filling a FOIA request with the FAA for radar data over Guilderland on the night and time frame in question.

I filled a report to Peter Davenport at the NUFORC.

My two uncles who were also there and saw the UFOs are willing to speak to Peter, MUFON, etc.

My Grandfather has over 30 years experience as a pilot or planes and helicopters. He's also a judge.

Please in the future you 'might' want to think twice before questioning my intentions or credentials. Do you do anything on this site besides annoy people?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It adds up to me, It was a very clear night on the fifth, I have not seen so many stars.

-Kdial1

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I was given a warning by a forum staff member because of this thread?

FOR WHAT?????!!!

Don't play his game.. His remark was a cheapshot, and there's nothing you can really do but ignore it and move on.

Hey..why don't these UFO's come to California and hover over my area..I got all the equipment.. Of all the hundreds of hours of looking at the sky, the only thing I've seen is some star-like point source of light with the magnitude of Jupiter slowly fade out. I was like cool, I'm gonna go home and take a look at it with my telescope, and then it fades out lol. Bad luck I guess..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
credentials.

This raises 2 questions in me

1. I am curious as to what the credentials are?

2. Who awarded you said credentials?

please enlighten me with these answers, they will help me understand you a little better maybe.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What I meant by that was you have this annoying pretense about me that all I do is post "stories" and have accomplished nothing worth while. I don't owe anything to people like you. Change your attitude first please.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

We don't know if we don't ask. That's all, don't read so much into it.

Just curious as to what accomplishments you say you have within the genre of what forum we are in.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hello UFO Reality,

I first would like to say I have great respect for the work you have done. I am sure many here appreciate the time you have taken to bring us all the information you have taken the time to gather. I look forward to what you can find out for us here at ATS, thanks.

Minnesota,

I am in shock at you reaction and tone here, I don't think you would appreciate this tone in your thread, I'm actually disappointed.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by observe50]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join