It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any WoW veterans? Need some help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yes, Sadly I have begun to play the game I vowed never to play.

A magazine I subscribe to came with the 10 day trial disc this month so I thought I would give it a try.

It is so frustrating though.

I am a human paladin, on level 10, and I have run out of quests to do in Elywnn. The only quest I have is to cross over the border into Westfall. Problem is all the creatures there are level 12 and above. I get creamed the second I stray from the road.

Is there no buffer area of quests to gain 3 or 4 more levels before facing the higher level creatures? Or am I just weak for the point I am up to?

If I have to grind for hours now to get up to level 12 or 13 before I cross over I'll be so annoyed.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Are you sure you finished all the quests in elwynn? You shouldn't have to grind at all in WoW to level, there are always ways...

wow.allakhazam.com...

Have you gone to get the FP from Westfall yet? Do that and grab quests and just do what you're capable of doing.

www.goblinworkshop.com...

Gear up frequently btw. It will make leveling that much easier. Try to make veteran friends and join a guild. It makes everything so much easier.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Thanks for the links.

I hate being a 'noob' at a game, but I'm finding WoW very very hard to stay on top of the monsters.

I'm very much used to single-player RPGs that kind of guide you, and having such an open world (where nobody even looks at you sideways when you ask for help) makes it difficult for me to adjust.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Spec Retribution
Here is a good leveling build that will last you till level 20

10 – 14 Benediction
15 – 16 Improved Judgement
17 – 19 Deflection 3/5
20 – Seal of Command

Don't bother to PVP seriously unless you're gonna twink out your character in the future(if you get bored)

So basically all points into Retribution until Seal of Command. Things will get much easier after that. When you get to 50s respect Protection Spec and you'll be laughing as melee tries to take you down. You'll eat rogues in twos and threes.

I'm an expert Pally so if you have any questions just ask me.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When your health gets low in combat remember to use "Divine Protection" and heal yourself up, thats also how you beat warriors.
Use "Hammer of Justice" on magic casters just before they use a spell.

A good website for telling you which instances have the best loot is wow-loot, go to the Stormwind Cathedral at about level 20ish and you can start a quest thats eventually gets you an awesome 2H mace.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yeah i've been exploring Westfall (or whatever it is called) and found some quests to get bits from Boars and these carrion-looking things. They are level 11 - 13 and I can take them down 1 on 1 so i've got up to late level 11 on them.

Once I complete the quests I'll hit level 12 and then I'll head back to that bridge Guard in the first territory who (according to one of the quest guides above) has some more quests for me at lvls 10, 11 and 12.

Also, whats with the messages that keep coming up saying 'something' is under attack.

Are they scripted events or something and am I meant to help?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Naw don't worry about it, just some horde attack NPC towns and ganking the crap outta everyone(if youre on a PVP server) Avoid the area's that come up the most if your in a PVP server if you don't feel like getting ganked. To avoid this if you have to level in those area's quest during off hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Crai... bugs me that I'm answering this, since this game is a demon without comparison when you lack disciplin and restraint.

You're prolly already past the point now, but if you do every single quest in Elwynn forest, you'll be lvl 12 and ready to start having fun in Westfall. Check out the website called www.curse.com.
They have nice addons that makes some of the annoying parts of the game a little easier. If you like the exploring part of the game don't download the following addon, but if you could care less and just want to get to 70 as fast as possible, then download the addon called Quest Tracker.
It keeps an eye on what quests you have and show you exactly where to go to finish them.
Combine it with one of the awesome quest guides that are on the net, you can go from 1-70 in roughly 6 days played time.

Kudos on choosing pala by the way
My first char was a pala, but back when the game came out they were seriously gimped, so I stopped playing it. Today it's one of the most proficient classes.
Good luck and have fun...

and

"Remember to take everything in life with moderation... even WoW" (spoken from experience :S )

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Yeah I know all too well about MMO addiction. My cousin is one of those 'sits at computer for 18 hours a day on WoW' people.

After I saw what the game did to him I vowed never to play it, but guess what? I broke that vow when it came for 10 days free in the mail haha.

I've got far too much on my plate to spend much time on it anyway, and I'm not a big fan of MMOs anyway so I'm safe. I'll be happy just to get a good feel for the game so I know what people are on about when they rave about how good WoW is.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just remember this combo if you're getting ganked.

Bubble/Hearth.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Reroll as a rogue?

*grins*

Damn I miss WoW, but I promised my man we'd try Conan for a bit so I'm stuck there for now. All the previous posts have great advice - It's been years now since I've been in Elwynn Forest, my poor lvl 70 priest is just waiting for me to come back and play her again.

One thing I do encourage new players is to not spend all your time trying to level! Grinding will eventually chase you away from this game and there is actually stuff to do other then grind for levels. Roleplay!

Also, make friends - It's easier to kill mobs if you're with someone.

JbT

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just another small tip too.

If you rest a character for 12 days real time, you gain 1.5 levels of "Bonus EXP" in which you get double the EXP for a Mob kill.

If your truely out of quests now (Which is hard, since they made 1-60 leveling easier than it used to be) you could rest your Pally and try another character for a bit, come back and have bonus exp waiting for you.

I used to do this with all my "alts".

My main was a Rogue apon release, I leveled to 60 ASAP. I then started one of every class and got them to around level 10 so I could get to the respective main citys and log out in the banks/AH/inns and send things to them from my main.

I then would rest each alt for min. 12 days in order to get full rest exp and come back to them at a later time when I was board on my Rogue.

When I quit last winter I had a 70 Rogue, 70 Hunter, 70 Druid, 65 Warlock, 60 Warrior, 15 Mage, 10 Priest, 10 Pally. All buy the above meathod.

Have Fun.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah well I was forced to start an 'alt' last night because the realm I was on went down.

So now I've got my (now lvl 16) Paladin in Redridge and a lvl 8 Undead Mage.

Damn, this game is addictive like they all say hah. The only thing saving me from playing it all day is other commitments

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
For horde..

As for mages I have no idea, never played one but I've been killed by many a frost mage
(PVP Spec) I have no idea what the leveling spec for Mages are.

When you get to level 12 go to The Barrens NOT Silverpine. That area is really sucky for leveling. Also you might wanna check out Ragefire Chasm in Ogrimmar at level 12 when running to the barrens though it may be best to just skip it and level to the point where you are ready for Wailing Caverns.. When there level up to 20ish and then start doing Wailing Caverns. Then in mid 20s you start doing Shadow Fang keep in silverpine. Then 30 it's RKF and mid 30s Scarlet Monestary. Horde is has lots of instances spread out from the lowbie side all the way to the contested area's.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by sardion2000]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Yeah I just hit 13 and went to Silverpine. Getting killed fairly often out there so I'm going to go back and head the other way you suggested.

Unless my other realm is back up, then it's back to the pally.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

i'll show you the greatest wow gift ever given to me

www.curse.com...

go to this website and learn how to install "addons"

then

download and install the following - and never be lost again

Quest Helper

Cartographer

Auctioneer

Fastquest Classic

In my couple of years experience playing WOW ... these are the best four i've ever seen....especially "quest helper" its a gift from God.

Also check out the greatest leveling guide ever conceived at Jame's leveling guide

a few other helpful links

Thottbot Good for quests in general

Wowwiki all things WOW

WowHead another great reference site

check out wowwiki for great tips on character 'builds' in your talent tree's

(bring your talent trees up past level 10 by hitting the "n" key. Wont work until you accumulate your first point)

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
www.joanasworld.com...

Here is the Horde quick leveling guide. You can find it on bittorrent if you feel like a cheapskate

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Thanks to all of you for your help over the past week.

Most games I play I tend to drop right in and get accustomed really quickly. I have struggled with WoW a bit, but I'm finally getting used to it.

I've decided to buy the game and continue playing, but on the same realm as my friends, so for the 3rd time I have started a new character. I'm a Tauren shaman and am already up to level 15 so I'll be sticking with him for the duration now.

Since the trial has a level 20 cap I'll probably wait until I hit the cap before I buy it, so probably sometimes in the next few days.

At least then I can use the Auction houses and trade. They have been the most frustrating elements to miss out on. I've got 120ish copper ore built up I haven't been able to sell because of the AH lockout. So hopefully when my account goes active I'll be rich enough to buy a mount. Sooooo sick of walking all over the Barrens.

Anyway, what a novel just to say thanks. I'll leave this thread going if I have any more noob questions.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Mining is very very lucrative.

Also when you buy it, buy the WoW Battlechest. It contains the expansion as well.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oh yeah, you won't get a mount till 40 and you'll still probably have to save up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join