It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

But you hoaxists keep attempting to find holes in his story where they are not.

. If Dan wants to come back and seriously address the more pressing questions folks have, I'm all ears. But he won't, because it's a lie, and at this point, there is nothing he can say that won't dig him deeper into the hole he made for himself with his orginal poorly done story.

I'd like to make a small edit to your post... Dan won't come back because this thread has been flooded by people making it there personal mission to debunk his accounts. They have grasped at every tiny thread of doubt and pulled it until they created a mess of yarn which most people have believed as true, but examining the ball of yarn created by the debunkers proves it false or irrelevant to the original story.

I wouldn't waste my time coming back to deal with these people either... hence the reason I have been so adamant in debunking the debunkers, what you all have been doing is counterproductive, and keeps us from getting down to the real truth and details of what happened here.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlieslies88

Originally posted by fleabit

But you hoaxists keep attempting to find holes in his story where they are not.

. If Dan wants to come back and seriously address the more pressing questions folks have, I'm all ears. But he won't, because it's a lie, and at this point, there is nothing he can say that won't dig him deeper into the hole he made for himself with his orginal poorly done story.

I'd like to make a small edit to your post... Dan won't come back because this thread has been flooded by people making it there personal mission to debunk his accounts. They have grasped at every tiny thread of doubt and pulled it until they created a mess of yarn which most people have believed as true, but examining the ball of yarn created by the debunkers proves it false or irrelevant to the original story.

I wouldn't waste my time coming back to deal with these people either... hence the reason I have been so adamant in debunking the debunkers, what you all have been doing is counterproductive, and keeps us from getting down to the real truth and details of what happened here.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Many have posted legitimate questions in regards to a very flimsy story. He has not answered anything about the actual encounter, instead deciding to take on those folks who question his physical fitness level, his ability to survive, etc. He would not address any of the hard questions involving the encouter itself. How many people asked where the creature was in regards to the bed? About the lighting? Conflicting strories about the creatures eye (exploding, versus hanging down its face)? He has answered none of those.

If this were me, I would first expect that there would be a healty dose of skepticism. Following that, I'd address all the hard questions, not get defensive about things not even related to the story.

Imo, he left because he doesn't have answers to fill in the holes in his story. None of this seems real. To bullet the issues with the story:

- Written like a science fiction encounter, not like a recounting of an experience. When a creature holds its palms upwards and then wobbles out, my science-fiction sensors start blaring.

- Lighting was never explained. How did a 6 foot creature flit around the room, and then just step up to the bed after a few minutes, just appearing out of nowhere? How did he see to fight the thing? How did he catch a knife thrown to him?

- All proof conveniently removed.

- Wife probably is not his wife. I cannot believe two people would spell a word so badly, the same way. I also find it hard to believe that his wife would use the terminology: "I will help hasten its demise." That sounds like Dan talking.

- Minor scratches do not mesh up with someone who attacked a creature over 100 times.

- 100 stab wounds was only 30 stab wounds, until later in the story. He couldn't tell the difference between 35 or so wounds, and over 100? Which was it? You'll notice like a fish story, his bravado and attack became more vicious, and that creature received a much greater stabbing, later in his post. i.e. he doesn't have his own facts straight.

- Why was the child never mentioned, ever? That would be a key point if my baby was in danger. Never mentioned it again.

- All the bits of a UFO encounter were present to make it more believable. He took photos of a ufo.. and produced them after the story of the attack (instead of when he took them, you'd think that alone would be a huge story to post on these boards), and his wife doodles mysterious stars afterwards, as a result of the encounter. As many elements were added as possible. To me, this screams out that someone is trying very hard to impress / make folks believe in this story.

- Leaps in logic in the story that make no sense. He pulls the creature down.. over his wife and baby? Then he grapples and wrestles with it on the bed? Where? Just like he forgot to mention his child again in any post, he also conveniently forgot that they were in bed with him. He, a 6 foot alien, a wife, and a baby and he is able to grapple and wrestle, and stab it in the face 5 times. Why were not facts presented about this? Exactly where it was, where he was, where his wife and child were, etc?

I understand some few people were being rude, but that was the minority. He had many supporters of this story, and many, like me, who just had questions about the story in general, and NONE of the points have been addressed by him, not even well before he fled his own thread.

There are imo, a whole slew of things that scream "hoax," and not one thing that points to this actually happening. If you are such a great supporter, why don't you try to address the points I brought up? These issues don't ring bells for you? You think I'm being unreasonable? If I were a professional investigator, a cop, a researcher, anything like that, I'd ask those sorts of questions, and expect answers, if they really expected me to buy this whopper of a fish tale. He has not answered anything of merit. If people don't believe it, it's his fault, not ours.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This thread has been completely shreaded to death. I mean just like "Frank", (Christopher Walken) in "Kings of New York" when he shot that guy dead in the parking garage, bitched to him. then shot him again a few times.

This thread was dead along time ago.

It's being left open I believe as an example of what not to post here.

We all saw someone else to the exact same thing here but with more proof of evidence and answered ALL the questions along the way and was banned and never warned.

This thread is a template. Follow this pattern and you will feel the axe coming down on you.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dan's story doesn't have holes in it. Holes implies theres something to make holes out of. The story is just one big hole and that's it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Fact, on Feb 2, 2008, he mentions his wife, www.abovetopsecret.com...

On this thread of Dans he mentions his wife as well, it was posted on May 2, 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...
so I tend to believe he does have a wife.

But I also must say he hasn't been on ATS quite a year, Oct. 23, 2007, so we only know him a bit. He has come on hard and heavy, but I don't think that alone makes him a bad guy.

When looking at his thread list, this was his first post that is linked. It was a UFO siting he had, and he had taken and then posted a photo of it, this was done (according to his thread) on Feb 2, 2007.
This was suppose to have been seen in Oxford, I am guessing that is part of Scotland.

Yet in this thread, on the first page he See's a UFO ands post a photo of it on the first page, and it was seen in Culloden Woods, which is no where near Oxford according to Wikipedia.

Question, are they following him or is he a UFO magnet? Either could or could not be happening.

And although the two photos are different, I find it a bit odd.
But I do what to mention this, the first photo he only had time for one shot. The second photo he tosses some out cause they didn't look good.
So that leaves him with one photo both times.

Again I do want to stress I am not attacking Dan personally, I am just pointing out things I do not completely understand. So if you are wondering about all the detail, well I do that in many posts. See the 'plastic coffin' post if you are wonder. I like investigating.

So you know, honestly I don't care if it is the truth or not, I just hope Dan hasn't left cause I enjoy his company, just like I do with the rest of you. And Dan if it is true, dang, don't go, and don't put up with crap. It's not worth it. Remember that we are online and that we don't have a face and voice to put to the words. That makes it harder for some people.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlieslies88

I have been so adamant in debunking the debunkers, what you all have been doing is counterproductive, and keeps us from getting down to the real truth and details of what happened here.

I think you meant to say "shred" of doubt, not thread of doubt. You lost me with the ball of yarn ...

A debunker is not someone with a closed mind who never believes impossible ideas and joins the discussion with intent to destroy the OP.

I disagree, we are not being counter-productive. We simply want to know and have it known, if Dan is.

If Dan's tale is false, then he muddies the waters for those who have truthful accounts to tell, and readers will become jumbled as to what's true or false. Not everyone who reads a post on this forum is a member or frequent visitor, they may just pop in, read Dan's posts and leave affected by what they read believing it as true. This thread with ONLY Dan's posts has already been copied and pasted across the net.

His first post in this thread made this public immediately after he hit "post". Aside from what happened to him and his right to tell about it, he is responsible for his actions.

When you have a person or persons telling things about aliens that may not be true, it isn't long before they weave their way into all the alien phenomenom out there, and someone who may be a first time experiencer, looking for other stories may be mis-guided. Then you'll have these or others adding stuff to their own accounts, because it seems to fit and they read about it. An example: 'I woke up with a nosebleed this morning, must have been aliens'. Why do you think one would think a nosebleed = aliens? Because they've read aliens probe your sinuses. I'm not saying aliens do or don't do this to someone's nose, but it is typical for abductees to do this, and that was just one example.

It's about trying to keep the reports clean,and let's try to see which ones deserve a further look and which ones need to be tossed aside. Without debunkers, and having to depend on people who believe everything they read and hear, we'd be in a real mess. This balance is necessary.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oxford is nowhere near scotland, it's south of england. Perhaps he jogged there, on one of his long runs.
Maybe there's another oxford in scotland?

[edit on 19-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm honestly amazed that some of you are still here questioning if Dan was telling the truth or not.

Those who have chosen to believe Dans comedy after everything that's been said and done frankly will believe anything.

If you want to continue believing the world is flat, nobody is stopping you.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
it's all about a user name that probably didn't start well.

Started another one to learn the ropes.

regressed back to old user name to start thread.

probably still around with the new username.

Would anyone come back with that username and this history and even try to post anywhere without getting flamed?

I will answer for anyone. Never!!!

Question is, who is DanTanna now?

Was DanTanna Minnesotawreckingcrew?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Dan Tanna is still posting.

His current obsession seems to be getting people to wrap up well when they are out in the cold. Look in the survival forum.

He's changed his signature from the 'humans 1 / aliens 10,000' or whatever it was. He seems to be carrying on as if this thread never happened.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
It's about trying to keep the reports clean,and let's try to see which ones deserve a further look and which ones need to be tossed aside. Without debunkers, and having to depend on people who believe everything they read and hear, we'd be in a real mess. This balance is necessary.

As usual Violet hits at the core of the issue. Starred.

The majority of the folks on this thread and on ATS are UFO/ET Hypothesis fans, who are trying to find clean reports and to give scientifically valid hypotheses for the field.

I'd like going into an astronomy forum and saying stars are elves with flashlights, then calling everyone who says 'no, they're not', and posting proof of stellar evolution 'star debunkers' and 'unbelievers in stars'.

Now, we don't know that stellar evolution claims are valid, but there's some cogent theory and observation. We don't know if the Universe is electric in nature, or plasma in nature or what - there are 'fringe astronomy' fans, but they are usually also up on standard astronomy.

There's fringe and radical, then there's the physics cranks like Jack Sarfatti, and the even nuttier crackpots, who post page after page of nutty theories in large bolded text in many colors, who are a therapist's nightmare: (www.michaelshermer.com...). www.vic.com... There's alternative ideas, which are fine, and then there's just bizarre rantings.

(Likewise many radical rock stars have a firm base in the classics, like Queen and Journey. They took the time to learn music theory and notation and keyboarding and then discarded it in a way and struck off on their own, creating a new genre.)

So for someone to walk in to a sensitive topic of 'kidnapping, abduction, PSTD survivors and the like' and start posting ego-driven stories with photos of knives and talk of Brad and Angelina-like Mr and Mrs Smith weaponry tossing and killing and maiming a member of a sentient race that didn't fight back is harmful in many ways, and is not internally consistent. It harms the survivors who had real events, subjective or objective, it harms the ETH investigations, it is divisive in the community of fans on both fronts and makes a mockery of what we do here.

If we suddenly start hearing of many attacks of a similar nature now we don't know -what- to believe. Has this story polluted the field? Is the story its own worst enemy? An honest forthright experiencer is not defensive and dismissive and hostile, and we can see it a mile away.

An example of a great report is WorldofShadow and his truck-stop story.

It was precise, concise, and expository and whether it was internal and subjective, or external and objective or a mix of the two was not really a stumbling block.

It was an objective narrative and not ego-driven, without even a hint of a hidden agenda and only lasted 4 pages and got plenty of stars and props from both sides. The OP in that thread asked for nothing, got no hassles, and tried to add to the database of extraordinary claims in a rational fashion. There was a thought, expressed openly that there was, or may have been a 'controlling issue' and a matrix-like hidden reality or conspiracy behind it, but it was not dwelled upon.

Is it highly strange, sure. Are there puzzling aspects? Sure. But it's not got even a hint of BS. There was no 'dangling' the story and attempts to create drama.

He did not look to become the center of a mini-cult, or seek attention, but he got his point across and let the users decide if there was need for alarm. In addition he had reported the sister sighting in Arizona, 1995 to the NUFORC database in 1997. Both stories were clear, illustrated, and completely self-contained and expository, and done with intelligence and sensitivity but coolly, and he answered questions succinctly and openly.

www.nuforc.org...

That's a model sighting report for a highly strange incident, imo.

I'm sure WoS won't mind my linking to his five-star report.

Hope this helps sorting things out. Again, we're fans who might debunk for the good of the field, and not antagonists, like Phil Klass.

2 cents.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

I've read the entire thread, and sorry kid DanTanna > You.

Try to learn to accept it. Acceptance is the first step in healing.

All I see is alot of jealeous people on here makeing claims that have nothing to do with anything because they only read half of the OP.

The other group of jealous individuals are those that signed on just a because of this thread. Some even claiming to know dan, WOW, talk about trying to ride someones coatails.

Put it this way, DanTanna has been a strong contributor posting mainly in the survival forums for a long enough period of time, that his accounts will carry more weight than yours, or JamieJerkins.

Deal with it. You have to start at the botttom. sure you may have joined ATS nearly at the same time as him, but I can't think of any posts off the top of my head from you that made me say wow, I'm smarter, and more educated, after reading that. Who knows, maybe because your name is like a Order Conformation number, I don;t remember your posts, but from what I do remember of your postings, mainly do to your avatar (I'm also a Leo), they are usually opinion as is everyones but dressed up as fact. They also come across a bit stand off-ish as well. So again this is just my opinion. DanTanna > You.

Do I a bit sound pissed? Probably, although the reason I am is because I haven't the points to get to RATS, and it was nice to see a bit of what goes on up there. But jealous people who look at points and stars just coudln't handle a thread blowing up like this and had to step in and make as many accounts as they could, getting help from thier two friends, and just blathering drivel, like the one guy who said he knew DT, gosh he was so jealeous he couldn't even type coherently, he was most likely foaming at the mouth, it was actually sad and embarrissing to read, glad he's banned.

But I doubt we'll see any RATS content on ATS for a long time after this.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike

His current obsession seems to be getting people to wrap up well when they are out in the cold. Look in the survival forum.

He's changed his signature from the 'humans 1 / aliens 10,000' or whatever it was. He seems to be carrying on as if this thread never happened.

He's also advising other people on posting suitable material

Why bother demeaning yourself with such stupidity? Just leave the forum alone if you don't like the topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Great story, wan't to believe it but struggling at the moment. Couple of questions.

1) What do you do for a living
2)How old are you

They may seem random but i do have a process

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs

Originally posted by berenike

He's also advising other people on posting suitable material

Why bother demeaning yourself with such stupidity? Just leave the forum alone if you don't like the topic.

I hope I've mis-read your post and that the quote about leaving the forum wasn't directed at me.

I've never found this thread anything less than engrossing and if Dan is currently 'advising other people on posting suitable material' well, he'd be the person to do it. Look how many people he has kept enthralled over more than a fortnight.

I had a couple of other points I wanted to raise, but this thread seems pretty much done now. I've concluded that Dan is a fantasist (having carefully read his other threads with the pictures of ufos) and I don't feel like kicking him on this subject any more.

I just hope the advice he is giving in the survival forum is good. If it isn't someone could seriously regret taking it.

edited to add: my conclusion is my own, I don't expect or ask anyone else to agree with me.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
[edit on 21-7-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Are you sure you didn't just make up the story to show off that cool blade? lol J/K

I have woken up to both short and tall beings standing at the foot of my bed, but never a fish-man. I'd like to know more about the fish race.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

this really blows
I read the whole thread there. And right when its about to get interesting he is banned? Wth is up with that? It had a slightly humourous tinge i will admit that but regardless that could just be his style of communicating. So who are the mods to say based on the posts I read that he was hoaxing it? Esp when he was forth coming with what he was asked for?

It makes no sense to pull the plug the night before on his acct. So are they knowing something we dont know?

I really want some kind of answer from some mod simply because this is not cool- what is to stop them from stopping other people sharing evidence ? Are they actually putting this website here to stop denying ignorance? i dont think so but still. answers please. thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Forthcoming? What did he come forward and answer? The fact that he has a survival kit? That he runs marathons? He certainly did not come up with info for the folks asking questions that actually matter, he conveniently ignored those. I also far as I can tell, was not banned, he voluntarily chose to not post here any longer, and is posting on the survival threads or something.

I find it hard to believe you read the entire thread, if you think he was forthcoming with anything useful.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join