It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
Dan, the 42 pages of posting that I have read has kept me glued to this computer.

If you go to Dan's page and pick 'in thread' you can read only Dan's postings in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce

If you are skeptic, or you just think this is a hoax, that is okay. But, keep it to yourself

I dont agree with that at all, every member has free speech within the T&C, so Dan can tell his tale, but if someone disagrees, or wants to point out inconsistencies, we should keep it to ourselfs!!??

Thats not Denying Ignorance.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Denied]

When I was on the 20th page of people blindly opposing Dan, and calling him names, and berating him, I realized how futile it was. Instead of this thread becoming a place for discussion, it became an I'm right and you're wrong argument. I'm sorry but that is for children. I definitely saw the line as crossed when people were taking pot shots at his wife.

Remember, there is a thing called common decency. And, just because you do not believe something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You always need to remember how dumb the human race really is. Do not forget that we use to think the world was flat, and we were the center of the universe.

Its very possible that all of the skeptics are completely wrong in their beliefs, yet they challenge Dan's beliefs and call him a liar. This just shows how closed-minded we are as a species.

What I'm getting at, is we need more of a scientific analysis of the information that we have, in order to determine the validity and scope of this event.

The thing I find the most hilarious, are the people who on the first couple of pages were calling Dan a liar, and saying this event was a hoax. Yet, dozens of pages later, they are still glued to the thread and still responding.......

HELLO...... its okay if you don't agree, we get the point. Get over it.
The OP is not attempting to sway your opinion, all he is doing is answering questions and giving the facts of his recollection to the best of his ability.

If you think this event is fake, it is okay to voice your opinion and state the reasons that you think it might be fake. But, don't fill the thread with your mindless rantings in order to enlighten individuals to your perspective. Leave the thread. This world is too full of nonbelievers.

I don't believe Obama will be a good president, but I could be wrong. So could you be.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Posts with members calling the OP 'names' were removed as far as I recall, by those designated to moderate the site.

It is their role to do so. Many posters on the thread were very polite.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Perhaps this creature didn't know what it was doing was threatening. Maybe it didn't know being in a house it would instantly get stabbed. It could have been ignorant to our human ways. I can see if it was a human intruder and they had a knife or something but you didn't know this things intentions, maybe you could have just yelled and it would have left. I mean this is a creature, as you're describing it, we've never seen or discovered before and you instantly tried to murder it because it made a gesture towards you. You even say it tried to get away and leave but you kept striking it

Edit: I guess he stopped replying after he was found out to be lying about certain aspects

[edit on 17-7-2008 by qvaris]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by qvaris]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by Dar Kuma

Dude, I very carefully resized that image and rotated it to match. It's accurate to within one pixel.

When you're given garbage, you have to weed out the trash the best you can.

The rings are different, and both are too big, though the one in this thread is about 2-3 sizes too big.

Stand back and laugh all you want. Some of us actually tried to get in there and do quality work. And it wasn't for my benefit, it was for the benefit of those who really are traumatized by these experiences subjective or objective, though they may be. It's one thing to post a story and say you're not sure if it was real, but another thing entirely to make something up like a Doc Savage novel and show your rear end to everyone. In MY opinion.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Badge01]

Here we go again with the "experts" this time a "photo forensic expert" Very impressive. Not sure if you ever heard of a thing called perspective. If I take a picture of a circle on a fixed size background, then take a picture of the same layout from a different angle guess what... no amount of "matching up to the pixel" would ever make them the same size.

You guys just keep trying to pat yourselves on the back actually I will do it for you. GREAT work resizing those photos... you are a true MASTER you might want to think about publishing your studies to some type of forensic journal.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thats why its pointless trying to point these things out, Everybody is a so called expert, I Don't claim to be.
The perspective is a good point and thats what I was trying to point out.

Good post Charlie.
All you have to do is use your brain a bit to see how utterly ridiculous this has become.
I actually agree with Dan now, He should've kept it in rats seeing as how this is his treatment.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm a bit embarrassed about the way the photos have been compared.

It was me who brought the Western Hebrides thread up (at this stage) and pointed to the picture.

What I was really trying to get at was Dan's frame of mind and the way he got defensive when he thought someone was suggesting that he wasn't really married.

He was accused on that thread of perpetrating a hoax but was at least as concerned to prove he was married as to prove he wasn't a hoaxer.

I don't understand how he thought the photo (on either occassion) proved anything or why he'd go to those lengths. Or, actually, why he didn't just use the same photo here as he had before.

I've taken an interest in a couple of Dan's new threads because of all this, and it's almost like reading posts from a different person. Although a few 'Danisms' do creep in.

If someone is prepared to go up and meet him, I'd be interested to know what they made of him.

He's been giving out a lot of advice, which sounds very knowledgeable but if he is a fantasist perhaps what he's saying should be checked. People's well-being could depend on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlieslies88

Here we go again with the "experts" this time a "photo forensic expert" Very impressive. Not sure if you ever heard of a thing called perspective. If I take a picture of a circle on a fixed size background, then take a picture of the same layout from a different angle guess what... no amount of "matching up to the pixel" would ever make them the same size.

You guys just keep trying to pat yourselves on the back actually I will do it for you. GREAT work resizing those photos... you are a true MASTER you might want to think about publishing your studies to some type of forensic journal.

Argument by intimidation doesn't make your point.

I'd invite you to take a similar photo of a ring which fits snugly and lay it on your hand in such a way that it appears almost 1/4 of an inch too large to fit your finger.

Note that I didn't bring up the idea of his ring being different, or bigger. I merely facilitated an examination of it.

You are free to accept or reject or show your own experiment which contradicts it.

By my measurement it isn't even close. If the ring finger is about a size 10-11. The ring shown is about a size 13-14. That's ~2.4-3.4mm too wide or an average of about 0.10-0.13 inches too wide. Even if the finger is a 7-8, the ring is a 10-11. It's still two to three sizes too big.

Again, you're free to snipe at will, or do your own experiment.

Here's a couple links which may assist you:
pages.ebay.com...
auctionrepair.com...

HTH.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
All this talk about the ring. I would have at least thought that to prove marriage, the pic would be of two hands, Dan and his wife, each with a ring -- in one pic.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by HaveYouConsidered?

That is actually another interesting point that should be addressed.

The OP describes the creature as being 6 foot, well built creature he grappled with, wrestled, and rolled on the bed with.

But instead of drawing the overall creature matching that description, we get a face, neck, and shoulders.

In the 79 pages of this thread not one time does the OP attempt to draw the hands, feet, body, legs, or tail.

I think that's the whole reason Minnesotawreckingcrew started his thread by drawing just a head shot when he said it jumped out his bedroom window.

He saw it go out, but only a head shot.

He was banned. I think he was showing us right there how ridiculous it all was.

Maybe minnesota was smarter than all of us from the beginning and just showing how ridiculous things were getting on this site.

Oh well, we will never know.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I must re phrase

this site isn't ridiculous, just some member have become ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My bones tell me Dan Tanna is not married. The story is great but, it doesn't pass the smell test.
Now write 14 more and publish the book!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge, I guess I'm in the minority here. I appreciate your work and all the work everyone has put into this thread. Most everyone has been as fair as humanly possible when the OP has dodged, ducked, and used the ignore button to avoid giving straight answers.

I've seen very few people take potshots at the OP, most are questioning the events as portrayed. IMO, mods have done an incredible job of keeping the bad element out.

Last night we touched on the what if idea.

First, if something happened and the OP had no wife, then we conclude this thread is a hoax.

Second, if something happened, and the wife was keeping the truth of what did happen from the OP, then this is a hoax on the OP and ATS.

Now let me add a third possibility. If there is a wife, but the OP has not told her anything about this thread, the conclusion is: Hoax.

As you can see, under the third possibility there could be a wife who knows nothing about any of this.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I GOT IT!!! FINALLY I GOT IT!!

This is a hoax and I will prove it right now!

Here are some quotes from Dan.

Then a shadow flitted across the corner of the room, so i decided to lay still, as if it was a person in the room they were going to get the good news.

On the floor it tried to grab my arm, so I screamed at the wife for the good news.

The good news is (was) my very nasty japanese styled fighting knife.

I named it the 'good news' in a parody. because the real 'good news' is the gopsel and jesus.

If i give you my ' good news' your meeting Jesus real quick.... alot sooner than you anticipated.. This little bastard has it embedded in its back.

He keeps referencing "the good news" it's not the knife

good news,... ga news,... gnu... no news is good news without gary gnu.

He vanished on the great space coaster.

Here's gary gnu,

Then he took off here. Notice the fish that they fly through.
This is not a flame, it's a serious debunk. There is another creature on the show with big eyes and copper and gold color called Goriddle Gorilla.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here it is. I can only explain there not being scales because Dan can't remember totally because he said he just woke up. It was a dream from a childhood memory mixed with a sleep disorder someone named earlier

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
He's making reference to the knife as good news.

Yet the knife is missing. Meaning gone. or nothing.

without good news there is nothing therefore

No news is good news with out gary gnu. NO news.

There is nothing here, it's a story and that's all folks.

This took me time to figure out.

My last 3 posts are quite sincere.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I've quit my job and sold my belongings!

What next?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

First, I don't doubt your sincerity.
But how do you know the OP was exposed to Gary Gnu?
And second, how would this sleep disorder affect his wife?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

He never gave a timeline about the work he's done. He said many, many years in different professions.

If that was true then yes, he would have been in kid in the late 70's early 80's.

Listen to Gary Gnu's opening line. Saying in a round about way, that it's all about nothing.

That's it.

Also, he probably acted out in his sleep and either hit his wife or child and didn't know it and feels guilty and this is how he is letting it out in some type of self therapy.

The knife is the key. It's all about the knives, pics and everything. without them it's nothing. The ring is a symble of love, he love his wife and can't believe that he hit his family that he loves while sleeping.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by lovepens1]

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join