It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
Want to know the truth about Dan Tanna? This thread says volumes of the fish being slayer.

Read this Thread in it's entirity. As of 6/22/08 he had a new CRKT on order (to most people that's just a cool knife). So Dan amazingly received the new knife just in time to kill a fish being? LMFAO! Not too mention, he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shaken up, he still continues to post on DIFFERENT threads like he was never "attacked (if thats the correct term)", nor hacked up a possibly intelligent fish being.

Check the history of the OP.

I will print and eat this whole 700+ post, 38 page transcript printed in 2 font arial letters if he can prove his account true.

Hell, after reading the above thread, I seriously doubt he even has a bug out bag nor even has ANY wilderness survival skills.

Lets have a look shall we.......

I wrote.

jesus Guv',
I ain't laughed so hard since Maggie slapped poll tax on us and the old bill got a bleeding good kicking for it in trafalger sqaure !

Priceless as a pair of pearlies.

As for high carbon blades, agreed - if you cannot look after them, don't use them. Mines three years old and used extensivley out doors.. lol but that battered old rusty b'tard...

Great thread, love it.

Got a CRKT ultima on order. full size semi serrated. SOG was too 'l337' for me.

OK..... so lets have a look at the ultima shall we ? Right, full tang, semi serrated blade, good for heavy chopping and field work. Good all round blade.

CRKT Ultima

and then what ? the CRKT that I lovingly would never ever use as a survival knife ?

CRKT fighting knife

Oh you mean you don't know the difference in uses ? you don't know why I would want five, six, seven bladed tools ?

Wow... cut me a scar so I remember your post forever.

Its a fun thread, but a good thread, and WTF is has to do with my credibilty in this thread I have no idea. So i like outdoors ? so i like to have survival stuff stored packed and planned for.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Want to know the truth about Dan Tanna? This thread says volumes of the fish being slayer.

Read this Thread in it's entirity. As of 6/22/08 he had a new CRKT on order (to most people that's just a cool knife). So Dan amazingly received the new knife just in time to kill a fish being? LMFAO! Not too mention, he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shaken up, he still continues to post on DIFFERENT threads like he was never "attacked (if thats the correct term)", nor hacked up a possibly intelligent fish being.

I will print and eat this whole 700+ post, 38 page transcript printed in 2 font arial letters if he can prove his account true.

Hell, after reading the above thread, I seriously doubt he even has a bug out bag nor even has ANY wilderness survival skills.

AND his mood is nicely relaxed!! lol

I was on the fence the first couple of pages, but after summarizing everything I fell to the hoax side. I thought the fact he's still posting in other threads as if nothing happened was more than strange. I mean come on he just had an epic battle with a fishman for crying out loud. I for one would have been dead if that had happened, mainly to fear.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Let's hope that his alien friends don't come to the logical conclusion that we aren't civilized enough for contact and therefore our planet must be destroyed. You single-handedly probably set our cosmic evolution back a hundred years if not doomed us to annihilation.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I sleep with a two foot sword next sheathed on the side of my bed (upright; also it's a cane with a sword in it, and theres no way my 2 year old can open it...)

I have a throwing knife set under the computer that I'm typing these messages on.

I also have a homemade flail next to my computer (not sharp) it Could also be used as a single use sling. Its a shop cloth sewn with fishing line with a pool ball sewn in place in the bottom.

Before my son was born I slept with a razor sharp dagger under my pillow.

If you live in the right area of town (which is to say the wrong side of town) these things are NOT uncommon.

Better to defend yourself than to risk your entire family being killed.

Also better to hurt the hell out of somebody than blow their brains out.

Things could be worse, He could sleep with a safety-less three burst 9mm under his pillow.

I'd say he's being smart, and keeping his kid safe in MANY different ways.

for the record. I'm not a survivalist. (though when the SDHTF I should be able to manage for myself and my family)

Coven

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

A breakthrough?! This was almost a murder. Even if the body had been recovered, what would people see? A mutilated being. I think it is far from a breakthrough. However I do have a question. If there was lightning, did it appear within the room or did it come from outside of the house. If its the latter, I personally would think there may be a mark on the roof/ceiling.

Murder ? self defence.

I awakend, it was there, it got it. I was in fear of my wife, my child and my own life.

end of story.

End of story? Wow, well thanks for not answering my question.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

reply to post by iiinvision

Wether people hate me, want to hurt me, flame me or what ever they want to do because they don't agree, then that is some thing even if i put a dead severed head on my desk and took a photo, they would say 'HOAX!'.

Not one person has mentioned hating you or hurting you. And people are not flaming you because they disagree.

They are disagreeing because some things are not adding up. For example:

I have a Frost Flying Falcon, a knife very similar in construction to the one you posted. The base of the blade has a brad through it just as you described.

The width of the base of the blade is 30 mm. There is no way to break the blade completely out of the case without destroying the brad holding it in place.

That is why we continue to ask these questions.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Very Interesting experience.

I imagined the entire thing in my head, so it feels quite spooky as I think more about it.

I wonder why it was here on earth and what it was doing in your room.

Although the beating was extreme, I understand that you were being defensive of your family, but I do truly wonder if it was there to make friendly contact or an abduction.

Thanks for sharing your experience, and stay safe

[edit on 7-7-2008 by non-living]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

[snip]

Image removed because some items are not for viewing.

What your looking at there is a parred down ultra light 'all times kit' that contains every thing needed for at least two weeks on foot travel to stashes. Its carried at all times.

Its always with me dude, always. I have there a years worth of water, a 12,000 strike fire kit X2, saw and knives, first aid kit (personal), wind up torch .... map compass whitsle and a brand new gortex bivvie in olive drab.

I'll accept a board apology. I'm man enough for that.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

Mod Edit - removed insult

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Once again youre entirely skirting the issue that you really have no idea what he intended to do... and if he wanted to hurt you you wouldnt be posting. But you probably wont think of it or if you do once again you wont post anything but
repetitive
family protecting me mad you too ra ra
i understand but why the lack of whats normally a human intelligent trait of enquiry? or a healthy appreciation for rationality such as you arent sure he was malevolent. yet you still say even if he were to come back "regardless of what he wanted to do (sic)" you want to kill him.

i dont understand... it has nothing to do with protection because i know youre going to bring that up again but you obviously are just plain not understanding the point that me and about 50 other people on this thread are trying to make. thanks though...

i spent an hour and a half going in circles now i think its time to go do something productive. this was entertaining though...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i do not do a lot of posting here on ats, i mainly just read the stories i find interesting when i am bored..

i opened this thread earlier today and expected it to be the usual fabricated story someone would make up to get attention

but after reading all of dan's posts and seeing how many people know him from other threads i am genuinely interested in this event..

throughout the whole thread dan and his wife have stuck true to their story and presented the events in a very tactful and organized way..

id like to say thanks dan for putting this on the main bored because i do not have RATS access and have no idea how to get it..

but thanks again and please continue updating us on whats going on

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickrollz

A breakthrough?! This was almost a murder. Even if the body had been recovered, what would people see? A mutilated being. I think it is far from a breakthrough. However I do have a question. If there was lightning, did it appear within the room or did it come from outside of the house. If its the latter, I personally would think there may be a mark on the roof/ceiling.

Murder ? self defence.

I awakend, it was there, it got it. I was in fear of my wife, my child and my own life.

end of story.

End of story? Wow, well thanks for not answering my question.

it seems to be happening to everyones questions mine included. but maybe hes just reading too fast from lack of sleep. ill let him the benefit of the doubt! i am not trying to be a dick or flame im bringing up valid pts that arent getting addressed and so are you.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

No..... your missing the point that YOU don't know what he was going to do.

I did what I know was right. I defended my family.

You wouldn't, so thats your fair luck fella.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

ok that answers one question. you obviously think he was malevolent but my more important question is why does something from a different culture you dont understand or misinterpret get met with violence? is there no room for even a ONE SECOND piece of thoughtful enquiry with this intruder? this is why people miss out on the best things in life they are too busy acting first asking questions later which only sounds good in movies. or comics. which is why this is getting weirder and weirder to believe. normal people who defend their families make sure its a threat first. thats why there arent more news stories of people shooting their spouses in the dark cuz they thought they were a burglar.

i hope you dont jump the gun in the future
however it is my ability to notice my mistakes that makes me improve as a human so i shoudlnt have posted what i did before
im sorry and if he cant read this cuz im on ignore, if you can tell dan to un ignore me id be appreciative. sorry mate

[edit on 7/7/2008 by chris_stibrany]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany

Once again youre entirely skirting the issue that you really have no idea what he intended to do...

And I can't for the life of me understand why people keep asking this..

I can't stand violence but have been violent in a situation where my loved ones were under attack. I don't remember all of the details in a similar fashion as Dan's story.

If you ARE IN YOUR BED
WITH
YOUR
FAMILY
and some THING is about to touch you..
violence is 100% expected.

I would love to go to your house wearing a halloween mask of a fish creature and just hover over you to see what you would do..
would it be
a) " Hi there.. what are you doing here in my room, in my house?"
or
b) instant attack on me..

b

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Oh please. If you were to take a picture of the "damage" inflicted to you by the fish being, while the bob was in the picture I might believe you actualy had the bob. However, having a bob and actually knowing how to use the tools are 2 different fish beings. LOL. I see nothing in your posts that states you have any experience living off the land or even surviving other than via books. Hell, your signature alone itself boasts you don't even have a 200$ shotgun.

Take "that" picture and I will admit you have a bob, nothing else.

Ball is in your court defending your, hmmm, what word did YOU use? Credibility, I do beieve.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT A HUMAN AND IT IS NOT BOUND BY OUR LAWS OF SOCIAL CONDUCT OR EXPECTATION. that deserved a shout. that is why you dont harm first! no wonder ETs dont visit this world obviously because we would shoot them first even worse than if they try and enter our homes surreptitiously. its because of stupidity like this that they are sneaking around int he first place. maybe but still

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Meh, I feel like I've wasted time reading this ridiculous thread. OP sounds ridiculous. Rambo vs. Aliens. Shrinking people, tiny aliens cleaning up after themselves. Obviously super powerful, yet... unable to stop a mere human from hacking one of their undying fish-people over 100 times. Disappearing blood, maid clean-up service, it's all there.

Here you have someone having a blast yanking all your chains. You might ponder not wasting your time on this lunacy.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ok that answers one question. you obviously think he was malevolent but my more important question is why does something from a different culture you dont understand or misinterpret get met with violence? is there no room for even a ONE SECOND piece of thoughtful enquiry with this intruder? this is why people miss out on the best things in life they are too busy acting first asking questions later which only sounds good in movies. or comics. which is why this is getting weirder and weirder to believe. normal people who defend their families make sure its a threat first. thats why there arent more news stories of people shooting their spouses in the dark cuz they thought they were a burglar. i guess youa re one of the dumber ones who will end up stabbing your loved ones by accident. i hope thats not hte case but with behaviour like this its an accident waiting to happen... you need more communication skills even in the face of the unknown or next time something like this happens you might get killed for being a jumping the gun kind of guy when isntead you could be reaping rewards.

Hmmmm....let me just say that after reading your nasty little post I would never want you anywhere near me in an emergency situation where my health and well being might be at stake....If someone or something expects calm and polite communication from me then I suggest they not intrude without invitation into my home or skulk around in my bedroom the middle of the night...just a thought - but apparently that kind of common sense hasn't occurred to you - either that or you simply enjoy taking shots at people you don't know - its an ugly character flaw - work on it, m-kay?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

THIS IS NOT A HUMAN AND IT IS NOT BOUND BY OUR LAWS OF SOCIAL CONDUCT OR EXPECTATION. that deserved a shout. that is why you dont harm first! no wonder ETs dont visit this world obviously because we would shoot them first even worse than if they try and enter our homes surreptitiously. its because of stupidity like this that they are sneaking around int he first place. maybe but still

You live in the frame of mind that everything should be roses.

If this is a true story, then I bet you that the fish creature lives in a society that also doesn't accept other fish creatures meandering where they sleep in private.

I'm the first to promote peace as the first course of action but given the situation, the thing was "sneaking" because it knew it wasn't supposed to be there.
It lulled his wife back to sleep with a false image that indicated it wasn't going to do harm and I'm sure it would have disappeared if it knew that it was being watched.

But being in an earthling's house, it then has to abide by that earthlings laws in the same way that I would have to abide by a Grisly Bear's law if I walked into a cave.

Please get off the moral high horse.

I do NOT agree with Dan that he should be so annoyed as to attack it again becasue if it had wanted any of them dead or harmed then it would have done it while they were "cleaning" the house. why not "clean" the humans as well?

b

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join