It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My biggest worry? Evil rules everywhere.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Over the years, I've begun to understand that evil rules in the halls of political power, and I mean high-level political power.

I have read a lot over the years about the ET influence on our planet, and it's hard not to arrive at the conclusion that evil ETs have been doing a very nasty number for a very long time on our turf.

I'd be very happy to find out that powerful, loving entities including a creator god, angels, positive-energy Ets are always present, and ready to protect humans that are trying to be good people.

But I have had to come to terms with the idea that very old civilizations, much older than ours, could still be oriented to "service to self." So it looks like Star Wars and Star Trek were right. Advanced evil is possible.

I can live with that idea as long as I know that powerful service to others entities are ready to play a role in what lies ahead.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

If you can accept your place in The Universe, that you are simultaneously small, finite and replaceable, yet powerful, eternal and omniscient, then you will escape all worry regarding Good and Evil. You will just know that you will always be with The Creator. Nothing will be able to destroy you.

NOTE: Most people can't accept this. Not even me.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by windwaker]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by droid56

If you can accept your place in The Universe, that you are simultaneously small, finite and replaceable, yet powerful, eternal and omniscient, then you will escape all worry regarding Good and Evil. You will just know that you will always be with The Creator. Nothing will be able to destroy you.

NOTE: Most people can't accept this. Not even me.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by windwaker]

me too. it is a very hard thing to grasp hold of right now. i just keep going through as they i am 100% sure. always have to hold on to hope no matter how slim it may seem. what other choice is there?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I agree -but as for anything out there on our side other than decent humans I don't know.There are still many good people in my community and at the coal face but I believe that the state and federal levels are pretty much corrupt.

Greed and power feature prominately in those that rise to the top as well as ruthlessness and rat cunning.I do not no whether an evil spiritual force posseses these people or whether it is the process of reaching to be on top that corrupts ones own spirit and soul.

There is one immutible force beyond such people though ,the fact that life will go on,cross that line and they seal their own fate the other redeeming feature of such people is the fact they are mortal too and one day will die.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Evil rules because man is easily corrupted. There has always been within men that desire to stray to the dark side; to take the quick way; to step on people and take advantage of them; to use deceit and violence to accomplish goals. I feel, personally, that that is just a part of human nature.

However, what prevents the majority of us from acting like that is our conscience (not necessarily religious in nature, either). We know that we shouldn't behave that way. Unfortunately, over the years society has been molded into believing that the these are good qualities to have. It is justified by saying, "Well, that's the way it is nowadays." But no one ever asks "Why?" Why is it that way? It doesn't have to be that way. These aren't redeeming qualities. But the "Powers That Be" have so conditioned society that now most people consider it acceptable, even admirable. A society which lacks a conscience will not punish their leaders for the same flaw.

The sad thing is we expect our leaders to be dirty. We expect our leaders to carry with them a certain degree of evil. And, if they're not evil enough, the media will go out and find some evil. If there's nothing there, they'll invent it. They're giving the public what they want - evil. Evil is expected. Evil is everywhere. Most importantly, evil sells.

As the great philosopher, Gordon Gekko, once said...

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms, greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Replace "greed" with "evil" and there you go.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The ying and yang in nature, the universe seems to be one of the universal constants.
I guess the one must exist for the other to exist.

new topics

top topics

join