It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,700-year-old body unearthed in Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

1,700-year-old body unearthed in Peru

Archeologists have unearthed a 1,700-year-old tomb of a leader of the pre-Columbian Moche civilization near Peru's northern coast.

The Canadian-led archeological team found well-preserved human remains, a breastplate, ceramics and jewelry inside the tomb located in Ucupe, 670km north of the capital, Lima.

Wrapped in reeds and decorated with pieces of copper, the body in the wooden sarcophagus suggests the tomb was reserved for nobility.

Among the objects uncovered were gold-colored copper crowns, earrings, nose rings, necklaces made of silver and seashells.

Peru's ancient Moche culture, which flourished in the area during the first millennium AD, was famous for its ceramics, architecture and irrigation systems.

NAT/MR/BGH
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The more they unearth in the Meso Americas the more we learn how great the people were and begs the question, what happened?

This stuff is cool

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hooorrraaay for grave robbing!

Sorry, thats just how I feel.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I swear they found an Aztec Tomb in Mexico City/Tenochtitlan in like 2007. They still haven't entered it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Come on, what are the chances that the Aztecs/Mayans just happened to die off? I know that Cortes killed off a vast majority of the population, but don't you think that maybe, just maybe, a cataclysmic event happened forcing them to leave this world in the space craft they documented so much in their texts? There is more to the story than what we know or even comprehend. Just my two cents on the finding of graves in Mexico and South America.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It sure looks like something terrible happened to them all. Maybe it was a plague of some sort. They had all of these great civilizations, and I mean high civilization, and then poof! they're gone and the strength of the survivors seems to be at a bare minimum.

Not entirely off of the point, but I once saw a staging of the Opera "Aida" set in the Inca Emprie. If you know the opera, imagine Radames dressed as Atahualpa. At the time I thought it was really cool, but now I look back and wonder if the staging was done by someone who wanted to make the point that as amazing and great as the Egyptians was this South American civilization.

I'm eager to see what else is discovered that can help tell the story of Earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Its all about moving waterways..... alot of these civilizations lived along watersheds, if that water shed was moved or dried up they had to move, could of just been a normal earth water cycle that forced their demise...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Why is this breaking news?, we have been digging up human remains far older than this so I fail to see the importance of this article.

new topics

top topics

join