It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David bowie and the Occult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I found this article quite interesting. Thought some of you might be interested in reading about this fellow.

user.cyberlink.ch...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

I had no idea Bowie was so immersed in Gnosticism and Crowley
In the 1971 song Quicksand he mentions

I'm living in a silent film
Portraying
Himmler's sacred realm
Of dream reality

Do you know what he was referring to here ?? The crystalline covered hallways of the Pineal gland.

Bowie had brilliant insight.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS, established the Ahnenerbe, which operated out of Wewelsburg, an SS headquarters. The Ahnenerbe was the Ancestral Heritage Research and Teaching Society. Its functions included research into Germanic prehistory, archaeology and occult mysticism. Below the castle's great dining hall was a special circular room with a shallow depression which could be reached by climbing three stone steps. These steps symbolized the three Reiches.

Himmler's Wewelsburg castle is the point or apex of the actual representation of the spear of destiny.. from a birds eye perspective the entire complex looks very much like the human brain.. Stranger still the eye of Horus or the eye of the moon also fits nicely into this map.. implying that Horus, Jesus, and other sun gods were representations of the psychedelic experience discovered through '___' pathways in the crystalline covered hallways of the Pineal gland..

[edit on 9-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

People also need to realise - Bowie was on a spiritual quest for truth - his study and experiences did not just centre around the occult !!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I had no idea Bowie was so immersed in Gnosticism and Crowley

Nore did I. It appears there was much more to lyrics than meets the eye/ear.Thanks for the insight.
In the last week the pineal gland keeps appearing to me, ...strange. I was just reading an article about the pineal gland and the very high amount of fluoride it retains compared to the rest of the body.Then a very interesting thread on '___' started. Now your mentioning this, very interesting, thanks for the insight! I watched David Wilcock's enigma 2012 several months ago. That was really the first mention of this pineal gland and the occult connection to it (the court of the pine cone in the vatican for starters). Have you seen that video? If you hav'nt it's a must see.

here's the link,

video.google.com...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Swingarm]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank you for that video - Very interesting
amazing - some of it I found a little difficult to assimilate... but that's just the skeptical side of me - but the scientific information made alot of sense.

VIDEO : Different sound frequency ‘s affect puddles of water that are comprised of grains of sand called colloids - these colloids change patterns according to different sound frequencies ??? What if physical matter was built like this -Could atoms and molecules depending on sound frequencies shift ????

What if scientists and the military are currently experimenting on sonics / sound ????

Scientist says dolphin deaths look like a mass suicide

The idea of dolphins committing suicide is a controversial one. In Iran last year 152 dolphins washed up on the coast, leading people there to claim they killed themselves. But most scientists believe this is an example of anthropomorphism.

I wonder if a few submarines were around using short range sonar when these poor dolphins washed up in Iran ???

What else could this form of military technology have effects on ????

Did 22 SDI Researchers really ALL Commit Suicide?

The Sting Ray torpedo is a British acoustic homing light-weight torpedo

Those pine cone theories really correlate with another thread here at ATS -so if you feel so inclined check it out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

uk.youtube.com...

Oh and I found some of the above video I posted a bit difficult to assimilate too lol so I filter through alot of other people's theories and ideas
But from my own personal experience with my more mystical dreams and visions the last part of that video is totally accurate. IMO the Pineal is the doorway into that other realm / dimension / subconscious / superconscious realm.

Project Looking Glass - IMHO if mankinds technology is that advanced - Science is playing with fire - they could destroy the very fabric of existence on this planet.

Thanks again
Really interesting - Gave you a star for that post too

[edit on 13-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
William Henry - Pineal Gland

So I wonder what lies Bowie is referring to with regards to Churchill ??? Was Churchill steeped in Occultism ???? Churchill and who ????

More Lyrics from Quicksand

I'm frightened by the total goal
Drawing to the ragged hole
And I ain't got the power anymore
No I ain't got the power anymore

I'm the twisted name
on Garbo's eyes
Living proof of
Churchill's lies

[edit on 14-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hey cool link , thanks. I ordered The Spirit Molecule, Dr. Rick. Strassman
Last week. It was mentioned here

Hmm.. not sure what those lyrics mean. I'll think about that.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Garbo played Anna Karenina in the 1935 film
Anna Karenina - The married Anna Karenina falls in love with Count Vronsky despite her husband's refusal to grant a divorce, and both must contend with the social repercussions.
Could the name on garbos eyes be Anna Karenina ?

Also this may have a link to winstons lies here

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Swingarm]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow I am impressed - great research lol my eyes nearly popped out of my head
when I read :

that she had a fashionable tattoo of a snake twined around her wrist, which she hid with a bracelet when required.[citation needed]. However, while this is certainly possible (since tattoos of the type were fashionable at the time, worn by fashionable women such as the 7th Marchioness of Londonderry, who had a snake tattooed on one of her legs in 1903),

I will be back lol have to do a little more research
Gave you another star

[edit on 17-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Lol long time responding - kind of feel I came up empty handed - no great revelations : ( - going back through the family genealogy they were nearly all connected to politics - and some were associated with the Freemasons.

Edith Vane-Tempest-Stewart, Marchioness of Londonderry - when her mother died she was raised by her maternal grandfather, the third Duke of Sutherland. A series of marriages to heiresses by members of the (Leveson)-Gower family made the Dukes of Sutherland one of the richest handful of landowning families in the United Kingdom.

George Granville Leveson-Gower, 1st Duke of Sutherland was described by Charles Greville as a "leviathan of wealth" and "...the richest individual who ever died". He is estimated to have been the wealthist man of the nineteenth-century, surpassing even that of Nathan Rothschild.
He was invested as a Privy Counsellor in 1790, A Knight of the Garter in 1806 and was created Duke of Sutherland on 28 January 1833. He is perhaps most well-known for his role in carrying out the Highland Clearances, where thousands of tenants, including the elderly and infirm, were forced out of their homes, which were often burned down, in order to make way for sheep. The clearances, described by some commentators as a form of ethnic cleansing,[2] were undertaken between 1811 and 1820 .

Sir Winston Churchill was appointed to the order of the garter.

Lady Randolph Churchill - married to Winston Churchill her father was a French Huguenot

Hall family lore insists that Lady Randolph Churchill was part Iroquois

A possible origin of the name Iroquois is reputed to come from a French version of irinakhoiw, a Huron (Wyandot) name - meaning "Black Snakes" or "real adders".

Sen. John McCain

Connections to Obama

Mareen Duvall French Huguenot His notable descendants include senator Barack Obama of Illinois,[8][9] President Harry S. Truman,[10] Vice-President Dick Cheney,[8][9] Bessie Wallis Warfield Simpson (for whom Edward VIII gave up the throne.

So the common people are still under the dictatorship and rule of the Aristocrats hey NOTHING ever changes

All of the British isles were worshipping the Goddess. The main seat for this was the Isle of priestesses, Avalon, todays Glastonbury. The high priestess was called "The lady of the lake". The most famous of these was Viviane, who lived at the same time as King Arthur. The lady of the Lake was Merlins counterpart, so to say. Merlin was not a name, but a title: "The great Merlin of Britain", the Kings wiseman. All the British Kings in those days had to worship the Goddess , at the same time the got the snakes tattooed on their underarms.

Don't know how accurate that is ??

In Mists of Avalon the High King does have a dragon symbol on his arm !

Winston Churchill a Druid ??

I'm the twisted name on Garbo's eyes
Living proof of Churchill's lies

Intuition tells me Bowie was not singing about himself - he had a vision or it was insight . I don't know why but his statement about ( living proof ) implies a PRODUCT or CREATION to me - Were governments conducting medical / scientific experiments on an unsuspecting public - I have read many articles and documents pertaining to this - I bet civilians and military personnel do not know the half of it !

Personally I just felt this song was really deep - the wording was too specific to be an accident

[edit on 6-8-2008 by destiny-fate]

[edit on 6-8-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Most people hook into "magic' as a way to latch onto the powers that be unknowingly that it is the vibration frequencies that imitate the tonal vibrations...................it's all about the vibration frequencies.

These humans hooked into a frequency / dimensional level beyond their 3 d level by beings that reside in dimensions above our 3d world. - And they are then used, unknowingly. They are simply tools.

When one contacts / interacts with other dimensional beings that reside within higher dimensions, you must be acutely aware of intention.

Service to self vs. Service to self..................Power and glory come with a high price tag.

edit on 8-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh Bowie... I need to go watch the Labyrinth.
Those tights. No man should ever wear those tights.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: destiny-fate
Quicksand is very complex song.

Bowie often lyrically refers to himself as an actor(Blake,Shakespeare)....
Winston Churchhill wrote scientific papers, one of which discussed the possibilities of existence of alien life. Possibly these are the "lies" Bowie saw himself providing proof of.

The song also sites the great struggle for himself (human kind )with organized religion telling man who he is vs. man realizing he contains all potential within himself.
So many great writers and artists and world leaders knew (at least part of )this law.
Bowie, I'm sure, found spiritual enlightenment in addition to realizing how to work the law. His final album title suggests or dare I say, confirms this.

top topics

join