It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of the Million Dollar Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Myth of the Million Dollar Challenge

Source: www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If you hop over to the JREF forum you will notice the challenge threads.

If you check it out, you will see that all an applicant need do is demonstrate an ability to a probability of 1/1000. This is not much at all.

If someone had a genuine ability and cared enough to train themselves to get repeatable results, this should be no problem.

The majority of applicants have been slightly illiterate, difficult to talk to, or just very hard to pin down.
As for the alleged "psychic" Sylvia Brown

All she would have to do is ask her "spirits" what was on a few Zenner cards and there is $1million.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ssorcesor

i think you need to reread the site given to you. as i read it it states that a totle of about 1,500 hours of testing need be done before one can collect the money. and that is not including the preliminary test to get to the formal tests.

if i am wrong in what i read i do appologize.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
reply to post by ssorcesor

i think you need to reread the site given to you. as i read it it states that a totle of about 1,500 hours of testing need be done before one can collect the money. and that is not including the preliminary test to get to the formal tests.

if i am wrong in what i read i do appologize.

how could you even read that site the text is microscopic. the ablity to read it sould get you the prize all by its self. cause you need more than 20/15 vision. and my hawk eyes cant read it...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That's silly. Being psychic does not work this way. A psychic doesn't know everything. As a matter of fact, they are in a constant state of confusion.

The network television show "Medium" is the one show to really capture how it is to have psychic abilities. I know real psychics who are just like the main character.

The truth is, actual details about anything come piecemeal, and they are often misinterpreted because the psychic has to use his or her own knowledge of the world to make sense of the paranormal visions and senses. Being psychic is very hit-or-miss.

For instance, if you ask a psychic to determine the picture on a hidden card, and the picture happens to be a star, they may see The Milky Way in their heads, or they may see Paris Hilton. They may see in their minds the card-holders grandmother drawing stars on a piece of paper when she was nine years old!!!

That's how it works. It's a very frustrating gift, and I almost feel sorry for the people who are true psychics.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Notice how the skeptics are very quiet when their 'guru' is under question.

Not only does Randi have no scientific qualifications whatsoever, it seems that more and more genuine scientists are distancing themselves from him and his pseudo-committees.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You know I wasted two years of my life on this. Writing the JREF back and forth on a daily basis trying to get someone to evaluate my case. After months and months of trying I finally got referred to the north texas skeptic soceity... But once I began my correspondence with them they insisted that they had no affiliation with the JREF... I went ahead and went through their challenge did what I set out to do and I was still denied... But I learned alot of things.. For example those skeptic types all share a hatred of God... I kid you not. One of their re-occurring conversations was all about how evolution is right and creationism was silly and how atheism was the only thing that could be true...

I also learned that those that put up the money for the challenge should not be allowed to evaluate the results of the challenge.... but that is how it is.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
For instance, if you ask a psychic to determine the picture on a hidden card, and the picture happens to be a star, they may see The Milky Way in their heads, or they may see Paris Hilton. They may see in their minds the card-holders grandmother drawing stars on a piece of paper when she was nine years old!!!

Which is all a convenient 'out' for when they get it wrong.

If you see a star youre a psychic, if you see something else....well, the vision wasnt clear, or you were picking up on something else.
Theres a pretty big difference between a star, and paris hilton (using the example). If any vision is so hard to interpret, whats the use?

BTW, the chick 'Medium' is based on is as full of BS as the rest of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The January 2000 issue of Dog World magazine included an article on a possible sixth sense in dogs, which discussed some of my research. In this article Randi was quoted as saying that in relation to canine ESP, "We at the JREF [James Randi Educational Foundation] have tested these claims. They fail." No details were given of these tests.

Rupert Sheldrake then emailed Randi to find out more information on these tests Randi had done on canines. After being ignored twice, Randi finally responded:

In an email sent on Februaury 6, 2000 he told me that the tests he referred to were not done at the JREF, but took place "years ago" and were "informal". They involved two dogs belonging to a friend of his that he observed over a two-week period. All records had been lost. He wrote: "I overstated my case for doubting the reality of dog ESP based on the small amount of data I obtained. It was rash and improper of me to do so."

The man is ethically bankrupt! Thanks OP for bringing the article to my attention. Starred and flagged

truly disgusting...

PS: I myself have suggested to people claiming PSI ability to take the challenge. Of course, I will not do so anymore.

Originally posted by DaleGribble
how could you even read that site the text is microscopic.

If you are using a PC, simply press CTRL and + to enlarge the text size.

[edit on 17/9/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

new topics

top topics

join