It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun With Elephant guns...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Oh man....

Thats a big recoil...

I cant imagine what it would be like if i shot something like that...

Anyone shot something with a kick like this?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Too blurry to identify the weapon, but not too blurry to see that he is not an experienced shooter. He doesn't even have the firearm snugged into his shoulder, and probably gave himself a hell of a recoil. Also, his weight is all wrong; he's tensed, or looks so, but with his weight backward of neutral. I bet the same weapon in the hands of someone who knew what they were doing would show a rocking of recoil and not much more. All of them let go of the gun at the moment of recoil. Bad form.

Funny vid, thanks

[edit on 5-7-2008 by argentus]

Posted before I got to the end. Yep. At the end, the man has it good and couched in his shoulder, weight somewhat forward, but perhaps a little rigid...... still a better showing. Lot of percussion for an enclosed space. I bet they all felt it.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can't stop laughing at that video!!!
I have fired shotguns and they give one heck of a kick and if you don't hold them correctly they will knock you around, but I haven't seen anything like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
.577 T-Rex for whoever asked what it was.

I hear the cartridges are on the very pricey side.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
subsequent video identifies it as a .700 nitro express. That doesn't seem right, when you see them chamber the round. I'm more inclined to go with the previous poster.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks right. Indentifed in the link as .700 Nitro. Seems to be a pretty much worthless round to me, but then I fancy precision distance shooting....... well, that's not true. I once fancied precision distance..... now I fancy a coconut trebuchet. Hey, you use what you're allowed to.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ive seen Videos of this footage, refering to the Gun as a .577 t-rex, and a .700 rifle, i tnink the t-rex is more likly...

I cant stop laughing at them either, but im sure i wouldnt do much better.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The video is at least 6 years old, its from a gun club in the UAE.. there are many of them, Used to be a web site for them.... and yes its the T Rex.. 750 gr.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
the four bore is also a weapon that has no use. they named it the four bore because the projectile is a full inch in diameter..

youtube.com...

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

www.youtube.com...

this second link shows the size of the round 2000gr...

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"Stop or I will make you shoot my gun!" could very easily replace the phrase "stop or I will shoot" if you had one of these.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gray Fox

I don't know about the .577, but the .700 Nitro Express runs about $100 per round.

Of course, if you can afford to spend $100k or more on the rifle, ammo is the least of your concerns.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's a hint, try finding a BOLT ACTION 700 Nitro.

It's a .577 T-Rex.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ouch.

Just don't miss, or you'll have to shoot that thing again!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Here's a hint, try finding a BOLT ACTION 700 Nitro.

It's a .577 T-Rex.

I think you definalty solved it there...

My fav part of the video, is the first guy, he falls down and starts saying, "willy Bob"

That proably means something in Aribc, but its just funny to me...

Also, here is another vid from the same people...

Here

[edit on 7/7/2008 by TKainZero]

new topics

top topics

join