It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret U.S. mission hauls uranium from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Secret U.S. mission hauls uranium from Iraq

www.msnbc.msn.com

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Iraqi government sold the yellowcake to a Canadian uranium producer, Cameco Corp., in a transaction the official described as worth "tens of millions of dollars."

www.cbc.ca...

I do not like this stuff being in montreal, but this is very disturbing.

This is just money, this is theft really, if they destroyed Iraq then how about let them have clean energy?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I sure wish that McCain would use this information in the closing days of the election. I believe that this could turn everything around for him. This is information that the American people need to make a truly informed decision on election day. I hope that this gets the widest possible desimination.

new topics

top topics

join